PDA

View Full Version : childhood characters

mdearmas
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Every ten posts I pose a question so here goes...

Who is the one character that makes you remember your childhood, a character that no matter how many times you see them you still get giddy?

For Me it would be goofy, every time I see him
it brings back a little of that yound kid disney magic. :goofy:

GrmGrninGost
07-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Mickey is my favorite, but for this question I have to answer Tinkerbell! My earliest memories of Disney are watching TV and seeing the fireworks over the castle and then Tinkerbell! Every time I see her, I think back to the old Wonderful World of Disney programming and Walt! :tink:

Disneyatic
07-24-2007, 05:40 PM
It is Mary Poppins for me!
I watched that movie over and over and over as a child (and still watch it quite often :blush:)and I SO wanted a tape measure like hers! I also always dreamed of being able to clean my room how she cleaned the nursery...just a *snap*

IloveDisney71
07-24-2007, 05:45 PM
For me, it's Cinderella. I always dreamed of growing up and finding my prince charming. I also remember walking down Main St. and being in awe of Cinderella's castle. At least once every trip, I have to ride Cinderella's Carousel. :princess:

Brer Robert
07-24-2007, 11:15 PM
How about Roger Rabbit for me? I remember watching him on the Mickey's 60th Birthday special when he accidentally put a stick of dynamite on Mickey's cake instead of a candle and in that Disneyland Sing-Along tape going on all those rides with Chip + Dale and the kids they were with during "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah".

KentB3
07-26-2007, 07:01 PM
How about Roger Rabbit for me? I remember watching him on the Mickey's 60th Birthday special when he accidentally put a stick of dynamite on Mickey's cake instead of a candle and in that Disneyland Sing-Along tape going on all those rides with Chip + Dale and the kids they were with during "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah".

Same here! Roger Rabbit is not only my favorite character, but Who Framed Roger Rabbit is my all-time favorite movie. Not just Disney movies, but ALL-TIME! :D :wave: :clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

Looks like I'm not alone! ;)

Mickey91
07-27-2007, 01:02 AM
:mickey:Absolutely, without a doubt, Mickey Mouse! I watched the Mickey Mouse Club (70's version) everyday when I was little. All I have to do is hear the Mickey Mouse Club March and I feel like I'm three all over again! When I go to WDW, I could see Mickey five times in one day and still get teary eyed and excited like it was the first ever each time! I love Mickey!!!:heart::mickey3:

PeterPanFan
07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Lets see..

Mickey Mouse or is Donald Donald Duck....

Its a Tie.

disneydrmr
07-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh my! What a hard thing to narrow it down to one... ALL the characters make me remember my childhood... but if I have to narrow it down I'll say Chip and Dale :chip::dale:.. I know they are two, but you never see them apart so I"m counting them as one... I've ALWAYS loved watching their cartoons, LOVED the Rescue Rangers.. so they would be the ones that really take me back to childhood!

kaliepooh
07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I was always facinated by Minnie Mouse and her unusual clothing choice. I love her though and kept my minnie mouse doll in my room until Hurricane Marilyn blew her away some where. I promise to get me daughter one on this trip.

Grumpy _Girl
07-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Eeyore has to be from me because one of my friends gave me the nickname of Eeyore since i have some of his personallity in me!
:drama: :sadwave: :drama: :sadwave: :drama: :sadwave:

DessertDivaFL
07-28-2007, 04:26 PM
For me it was Pinocchio. "Let your conscious be your guide." I have had a Jiminy Cricket on my shoulder ever since because if I didn't I would get into lots of trouble. Pinocchio's story holds true today, wouldn't you say?

Donalds Duckie
07-28-2007, 07:14 PM
The Duck, of course!

It's Donald Duck without a doubt. That little duck has made me laugh from my earlierst memories. In fact, I'm laughing now just thinking about him.

I just love that Duck!

NJBelle
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Dumbo! I've always loved the guy. :mickey:

Character Wizard
08-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Goofy & Tigger.;)

Fantasmic
08-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Br'er Fox, as he was the first character I ever met!

Pluto, I remember the first time I went to WDW (I was 5) I wanted to feel his tongue to see if it was wet!

offero
08-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Pluto and Pooh.

When I was a tyke they were the first two characters I saw in the park. Back when they just randomly appeared in Disneyland.

I still to this day, remember that feeling when I see little kids lining up for either of them.