View Full Version : Gift Shops

PeterPanFan
07-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Easy question...

What resort has the best gift shop.

dog-ears
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Easy question ... Not!

They all have different themes around the common theme of Disney of course, so it really depends what you're looking for or the mood you're in ....

I like the larger ones - Yacht Club's is nice as well as the ones on the Boardwalk. The ones at WL & AK also have a lot of nice things (and one time the staff at AK gave me a lot of free samples of things!).

Pixie Power
07-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Easy question ... Not!

They all have different themes around the common theme of Disney of course, so it really depends what you're looking for or the mood you're in ....

Exactly what i was going to say!

The Poly has some nice :tiki: things, if that is up your alley. & The GF has a nice one as well, plus some specialty shops that are nice. AKL & BW have good ones too, like the PP said.

It really does depend on what you are looking for.

CleveSJM
07-24-2007, 03:20 PM
As my twin, dog-ears, has said... Not an easy one.

I really liked AKL's. It had special African items like drums and walking sticks. Very unique.

2nd place would be the Yacht Club. Some resorts have multiple gift shops (toys, clothes, pantry items, etc.) so it's real hard to pick just one.

gauvin4
07-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I really liked AKL's. It had special African items like drums and walking sticks. Very unique.

:ditto:

tinkerbelle75
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
My favorite is Jackson Square Gifts at PO resort.They had some Disney things I hadnt seen at any of the other shops, like cookbooks and watches(which I collect) that weren't at any of the others.

Wrigley
07-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Very hard question!!!!!!!

Since I LOVE to shop at Disney, I really find something at every shop!!

However, I really enjoy the CR, CBR, and WL.

SgtTigger
07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
I use to love to stop at the Contemporary but that has changed..... I really like the Mercantile at Wilderness Lodge.
I have found that I really like to stop in at the shop in Fort Wilderness close by Trails End buffet.....

:cop: :tigger:

TheRustyScupper
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
1) I don't find anything special in Value/Mod gifts shops.
2) At least not things I can't find in DTD.
3) Each Deluxe gift shop does have unique items.
4) A "shopping" tour of the Deluxe resorts is well worth the effort.

SurferStitch
07-25-2007, 12:56 PM
My favorites are:

The shops at the Grand Flo (everything is awesome here)
AKL (lots of unique items)
Poly (I love tiki and Stitch stuff)

dolphinmickey9170
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I really enjoy the shop at the Contemporary. It had so many wonderful things, I can go crazy in there.

grumpycajun
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
We thought the gift shop at The Poly was great, but our all time favorite isn't at a resort. It's in Japan!:thumbsup:

Nevergrowup
07-25-2007, 09:00 PM
We like the shops at the deluxe resorts.