PDA

View Full Version : Trip 7/20-7/23 at Swan....

wdwfan
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
My first ever trip report so here goes..
Cast: Me, DH, Niece & her girlfriend (her first trip to WDW) both age 15.
Resort: Swan which was great. Connecting rooms overlooking parking but, never heard any traffic. 3rd floor., very clean rooms :thumbsup2
Arrived at MCO 10:20, got National car and headed to resort. One of the rooms was ready so dumped luggage, then to Beaches & Cream for a very good lunch. Everyone was ready to hit MK. Drove over and arrived about 2:35 & got FP for Splash first thing which return time was 7:30 to 8:30. We watched parade then did Philharmagic, Pirates, loved the changes. It was time for our ADR at Kona's which was excellent. It was EMH for MK so we headed back after dinner. Perfect timing got FP for TMR, then rode Splash Mtn, then went right back for TMR. We got to ride everything else we wanted and left park about 12:30. We couln't make it til 2, since we had been up since 4:30 AM.
Day 2: Slept in and arrived at MGM about noon. Got FP for ToT, ate pizza real quick, then rode RnR, should have reversed FP because it said 70 min. but it was 90 Standy-by. ToT was only 50 min. Anyway we did both, of those then did backlot tour. We had ADR for Boma, so headed to hotel to get cleaned up. It was starting to rain when we left MGM & it never stopped raining actually pouring, so we didn't get to go back to MGM to do couple of other things we wanted to do. :sad1: Got to AK about 45 min. early so sat in bar and had drink then had another great meal. I have DDE & was great to be able to use free valet parking (would have been soaked if self-park) + saved $ on food & drinks throught our trip. Since we couldn't go back to park (still pouring) headed to DD for a little while.
Day 3: Got up early and arrived at AK 9:00 am. Got FP for Safari the went straight for EE and only had 20 min. wait. Amazing ride by the way our first time for riding. We did Safari next saw lots of animals, We got FP for Dinosaur, ate lunch at Restraurantous? food was ok. Got soaked on Kali :rotfl: then back to Dino which will be my last time to ride this one. I am clostrophobic and during the ride we were in pitch black and it stopped and started making funny noises and barely moving. :scared1: I knew it wasn't right so I panicked. :eek: DH kept telling me ok, well it finally started moving again. We left park about 4, back to hotel got cleaned up and headed to EPCOT. Soarin had 150 min. wait with no FP available which I expected. We had 6 pm ADR for Alfredo's which we got there 5:30 and was seated right away. Meal was very good and the service was excellent. We walked around after that, did TT and waited in line for characters. Watched Illuminations then took boat back to Swan.
Day 4: Just check out went to DD, had lunch at RFC, shopped more then had Sundae at Ghirardelli, then to airport. :sad1: It started pouring agin just as I started my car. This storm had thunder & lightening with it. Our flight home was only 20 min. late.
We had a great trip! It was hot, but we realized we were getting used to the heat and some of the air conditioned places were really to cold. DH & I are going back in Nov. so and already excited to go back.

Bethis26fan
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

gauvin4
07-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for a great report. :mickey: For a short trip you sure did pack in alot of fun!! :thumbsup:

PeterPanFan
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Sound like fun we will report in 72 days!

:mickey:

diznee_buzz
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for reporting!

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Sounds like a fun trip, sorry about the rain.

We'll be making our trip report end of August.

17 days!:cloud9:

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like it was a great trip.

Bethanymouse
07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I am glad that you enjoyed the Kona! It is one of our favorites! Thanks for sharing!

faline
07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
You ate at some great spots! Glad it was a good trip despite some stormy weather!

January-2007
07-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the trip report. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm glad you had a good trip. Don't you just love the Swan/Dolphin, especially the comfy beds?

MauiMouse
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Sounds like you had a fantastic time during your stay at the Swan. :mickey:

Dizneyfan
07-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Looks like you accomplished everything that you wanted. Great trip report. By the way I'm not crazy about Dinosaur either.:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: