PDA

View Full Version : Waterparks $$$$$

pixidust1976
07-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Does anyone else think that the prices to get into the water parks are too steap?

We are only going to the parks for 5 days, and wouldn't need to go to a waterpark more than one time, and it would cost $144 to get all four of us in.

That is too pricey in my book, and I really really really wanted to take my kids to Typhoon Lagoon!

We went in 1999 and it was so relaxing, and my kids love water parks!

It was "almost" tempting to go to one of those time-share meetings to get the free passes!

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
1) Welcome to Corporate Disney.
2) Where exec bonuses are based on profit, not guest satisfaction.
3) They need to make as much per guest as possible.
4) And I thought this was the domain of Lawyers and Used Car Salesmen.

joonyer
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I know it seem steep, but when we go to WDW, I always think about it like this: "What's $144 compared to the value of creating happy memories for a lifetime?" That's how I justify the cost of all our WDW trips, otherwise I'm such a natural born cheapskate that we'd never go. I have to say we've never regretted spending any of the extra $$ our Disney vacations have cost. The memories we created are worth it many times over, wouldn't trade them for anything.
We love the water parks so much though that we always buy that option on our passes and go more than once every trip.

BMan62
07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Typhoon Lagoon/Blizzard Beach: $39.00/$33.00 (Adult [10+]/Child)

Schlitterbahn: $35.99/$28.99 (adult (over 12]/child)

Other Florida Water Parks:
Wet & Wild - Orlando: $36.95/$30.95 (Adult [9+]/Child)

Adventure Island - Tampa: $35.95/$33.95 (Adult [?]/Child)

Sounds like Disney water parks rank right there with others. I don't consider $3.00 per person per day significant for what you get.

pixidust1976
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh... I agree that Disney's prices are standard across that market for waterparks in the area... but I thought it was still a little steap for my family since my kids are too young to ride those big slides, but still have to pay the admission prices as if they could.

I will probably break down and pay it, but it just seemed steep to me.

Nekochan
07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Gatorland is opening a new 'splash zone' - a wet play area for kids.

DessertDivaFL
07-24-2007, 08:30 PM
It does seem pricey but I can't imagine how much it costs to run and maintain these elaborate parks. Just a thought.

Maleficent's Dad
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
And to think, once upon a time (not so long ago), Waterparks were one of the "extras" included on park hopper tickets...

We still have some leftover Parkhoppers from 2002 - 7 day parkhopper to the 4 parks, PLUS 4 choices of other options - including water parks! So we also had 4 waterpark days included...and the tickets were cheaper than park hoppers today which don't include the options!

Nowadays you have to "build" a MYW ticket and add these options on. It's just another way to make $$$.

jszczur5
07-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh... I agree that Disney's prices are standard across that market for waterparks in the area... but I thought it was still a little steap for my family since my kids are too young to ride those big slides, but still have to pay the admission prices as if they could.

Neither my husband or I ride the big thrill slides either. We willingly pay the extra to upgrade our tickets to waterparks/more, just so that we can go to Typhoon Lagoon. The lazy river is phenomenal, the water coaster is great, and the wave pool is our favourite. Some years we don't even ride the waves, we just sit at the edge on the built in benches and watch our kids and everyone else for hours.
The waterparks are spotlessly clean, which I think is well worth an extra $3.00 a person. No soggy bandages floating around in the pools! Yuck!!

mainemajor
07-25-2007, 08:21 PM
We added the water park option for this year's trip knowing that we wanted to visit TL at least once and PI Clubs at least once. With the option we can now visit Disney Quest and BB and still have two visits. This will allow us to re-visit where ever we want. Once we priced one visit to TL and PI it was like getting four free visits to the extras.:mickey:

Figgyluv03
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
DBf is making me skip the Water Parks on this trip. He's not really into him, and since its his first time, I think we are going to concentrate on the parks. I wouldn't mind just laying in a tube around the river and just relax. I've been to the water parks plenty of times before and DBf and I actually met working at a waterpark up here in Jersey, so I think he's a little waterparked out. But your right, I can't justify paying that much for one day in a waterpark.

Disney_Barbie
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Understandable that $144 is a lot of money, and like everything (especially on vacaition) it adds up so easily when you have a family.
But, that being said, I actually find the water parks to be quite an afordable option. I mean, a ticket for a day at like six flags or an other similar faux-disney is about $50 (I think) and I find that the quality of TL or BB about a million times better than one of those parks.
But I guess it's all a matter of taste, I shutter at the idea of dropping down $50 to go to six flags, but personaly think that I get more than $47 worth of fun at the waterparks. But that's just my opinion. (Plus, we adore the water parks, DQ & PL so we're HUDGE fans of the "water park & more" option)

richardsa98
07-27-2007, 10:57 AM
My husband and i are celebrating our 6th anniversary and doing a 4 night trip next week. Origionally we were planning on just doing the water parks, but then we thought since we won't have our son with us, it might be fun tio spend one day hopping from park to park doing our "favorites" that we can't do when our son is there. If we bought a one day park hopper could we add the water parks and more option? And if so, how many entrances to the extra parks would we get? Still 3?

CuteAsMinnie
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Yep, $144 is very steep to get into a waterpark, but honestly, no more that back home in Chicago. Just personal preference I guess on whether to fork over the $$.