PDA

View Full Version : ? about DisneyQuest

yasmina
07-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Our girls are 9 & 11. Do you think the activities at DQ will be of interest to them?

NJGIRL
07-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, If they like video games and virtual reality they will. We took my son 8 and nephew 12 last October and we stayed there all day.

Becky'sMom
07-24-2007, 10:24 AM
my 17 yr old stepson LOVED Disney Quest. If your girls like vidoe games and virtual reality they will like DQ.
As a 42 yr old Mom, the only thinks I really enjoyed were the alien invasion and especially Pirates of the Carribbean. The latter was great fun for all of us - DH, DD4, DS17 and me. You get 3-d goggles and go into a room that is the deck of a ship. One person is the captain and takes the wheel, the rest man the cannons - jumping from cannon to cannon to fire upon the pirate ships that the captain steers you toward to get their treasure These are all displayed on the 3'd screens that surround the room). At the end, you either sink, or you find out what your rank is based on how much treasure you captured.
DQ is included as 1 of the water park fun and more options, otherwise it costs somewhere in the $30 range I think.
Lauren

Tink#64
07-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Yes, If they like video games and virtual reality they will. We took my son 8 and nephew 12 last October and we stayed there all day.

I agree! We took DS's last year 8 & 10 and we all had a ball!So much fun stuff to do. Mine loved the creative zone the most I think. The older DS created a toy that we purchased (I believe it was called Sid's Create A Toy - As in Sid from Toy Story). Younger DS loved making his own CD which we also bought. My favorite was POTC. OH - DS's loved trying to make DH & I sick on their Cyber Space Mountain creations! They designed coasters with all kinds of loops & barrell rolls & I think they just wanted to see if we'd get sick! :sick: We spent about 6 hours and could have stayed longer, except we had an ADR for that evening. There are lots of choices there & I would think if any of this sounds like them - then they'd have a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

jszczur5
07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Your kids will have a blast. Your husband too. One word of warning though, the place is massive, with interconnecting staircases for five levels spread out all over the place. Last year my husband and I let our pre-teen sons (and their grandfather) loose at Quest. It was a day that a tropical storm was passing through, and everybody had the same idea we did - the place was packed. For much of the afternoon, the CMs were only letting people in as others left. Anyway, from the time hubby and I decided to find my dad and the kids, it took us 1 1/2 hours to round everyone up. This year, regardless of the apparent size of the crowd, we will all wear watches and agree to meet up at a designated spot at least once every hour or so.