PDA

View Full Version : Renting bikes/boats at WL

RBrooksC
07-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Just a quick question about renting a bike at the WL. My wife and I would both like to ride but we do have a 19 month old to consider. Do they rent the pull behind carrier in which to put our child? I would rather use that than the bike car seat.

Also, has anybody rented a Sea Raycer from WL? Is it worth the $25/half-hour? Can one go from Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon in one of those boats?

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2007, 10:34 AM
1) I have not seen a pull-behind kid trailer.
2) But, they do have the child-seat bikes.

ResQRanger82
07-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I can't talk on behalf of the bikes, but I do love the Sea Raycer (or Sprites, as I still call them). Last I remember, you can go from Bay Lake to the Lagoon via the water bridge. The views alone are worth the money - not to mention the fun.

Enjoy!!

Wrigley
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
A couple of trips ago we rented the little boats from WL and had a blast. You are free to roam around the whole lake and you can get great views of the POLY, GF, CR, and FW. It is nice to have so much room to tour around because at some other resorts the lakes are smaller and there isn't as much to see. I think that it is money well spent to rent the boats.

Sunshine1010
07-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Reservations needed?....and are they available in January?....and how many people do they fit?

BrerStitch
07-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't believe that you can make reservations for the boats or the bikes, I thought it was first come, first serve. But I could be wrong.

If you would like to rent a bike from WL, why not try a surrey bike? The DH and I did that and I believe they have a child seat on the front that lets the kids sit up front, but still straps them in.

I have never taken a boat from WL, but others have given good info on that. Hope this helps!

Maleficent's Dad
07-25-2007, 11:05 AM
No ressies required (or needed) for boats or bikes.
Both rent from (approximately) the same location close to the beach of the WL.

Surrey bikes have a child seat up front for younger crew - with seatbelt to keep him/her secure.

Boats are a ton of fun - you can go from Ft. Wilderness all the way to GF (yes, the 2 waterways connect via a water bridge which is kind of cool!). WL has a nice marina. The water mice (sprites, or whatever they're called now) seat 2 and are a lot of fun!