PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Food and Wine

SimbaandNalasMama
07-24-2007, 08:53 AM
I am starting to get antsy! They havent released the schedule yet and we are supposed to be able to make reservations in less than 2 weeks. I called and the customer service rep only could tell me that reservations opened on Aug 6, which we already knew, but she didnt have any information on the schedule. Anyone heard anything? :confused:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
no...sorry... but I can't wait! I love me some Plum Wine from Japan... and the Chedder Potato soup from Canada. :-D

SallyP
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I haven't seen anything yet either but I'm guessing it will be today or tomorrow if all their ducks are in a row!

KylesMom
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Typically we receive a lengthy e-mail from Disney Dining Experience when the schedule is released. Haven't seen anything yet . . .

SimbaandNalasMama
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
thanks everyone. if anyone finds anything, will you PM me or add it to this thread? sadly, i am getting desperate. I reallllly want to know if 1)Cat Cora will be there when i am and 2) If there will be a Party for the Senses when I am there.

pamcastle
07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
no...sorry... but I can't wait! I love me some Plum Wine from Japan... and the Chedder Potato soup from Canada. :-D

That soup in Canada is SO GOOD! I love it too!:woohoo:

Crow
07-24-2007, 07:49 PM
ill b there just as F&W starts so am wondering what will b on then

Tiggerish
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by SimbaandNalasMama: I reallllly want to know if 1)Cat Cora will be there when i am and 2) If there will be a Party for the Senses when I am there.

I "heard" (not sure if it was on this board or another) that the schedule would be released on August 3. Which is ridiculous if they are opening ressies on August 6, but what can you do. Try checking the WDW website on the 3rd, that's what I'm going to do.

As long as you are there for several days, you can be pretty sure there will be a Party for the Senses. Check out last year's schedule to see what days of the week it took place on, chances are good it will be the same this year.

I'm not sure if the schedule of celeb chefs will be available at the same time, or if the reservation center will have that information. In past years, I think we've had to wait for someone to get a hold of a festival guide, scan it, and post it in order to get that kind of info.

Originally posted by KylesMom: Typically we receive a lengthy e-mail from Disney Dining Experience when the schedule is released.

That's good to know! I'll be on the lookout for that e-mail!!

I'm arriving on October 1, and it's all I can think about already!! I love the F&W Festival.

SimbaandNalasMama
07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I "heard" (not sure if it was on this board or another) that the schedule would be released on August 3. Which is ridiculous if they are opening ressies on August 6, but what can you do. Try checking the WDW website on the 3rd, that's what I'm going to do.

As long as you are there for several days, you can be pretty sure there will be a Party for the Senses. Check out last year's schedule to see what days of the week it took place on, chances are good it will be the same this year.

I'm not sure if the schedule of celeb chefs will be available at the same time, or if the reservation center will have that information. In past years, I think we've had to wait for someone to get a hold of a festival guide, scan it, and post it in order to get that kind of info.
I'm arriving on October 1, and it's all I can think about already!! I love the F&W Festival.

Aug 3rd? sheesh, talk about no time to plan! but like you said, what can you do. I have been checking this site, the WDW site and a few other sites, and nada!! I check every morning and then in the evening. I think I am obsessing!! :mickey:

We will be there 9/28 through 10/2. thats opening weekend, so perhaps there will be a PFTS!

SallyP
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM

It's official - the Schedule will not be released until August 3. Here's an email I received from DDE office:

Hello,

We will be sending the Festival Guide to arrive in house on Friday, 8/3 , we will also be sending it out on e-mail as well to Disney Dining Experience members. The Disney website should also have the information available on the Friday, 8/3.

The phones go live on Monday, 8/6 7:00 a.m. Eastern, 407-WDW-FEST.

Thank you,

XXX

mickey-mouse35
07-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow--that is the pits--only a couple of days to plan everything out. Sure hope Party for the Senses is on Saturday nights again, because that's what I have "penciled" in.

I noticed in the email that the number is FEST and not DINE. Good to know because I was going to call the dining number!

Crow
07-25-2007, 07:10 PM
so i guess i should leave Sat night open (Sept 29th) in case..
it will b solo for me, so wondering if its worth the cost etc

SimbaandNalasMama
07-26-2007, 09:13 AM
well, that stinks. but at least i got my answer. will be like everyone else, just a few days to plan what we hope to reserve on 8/6.

thanks everyone!

SimbaandNalasMama
07-26-2007, 09:15 AM
It's official - the Schedule will not be released until August 3.

oh, and how does one become a disney dining experience member?

KylesMom
07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp

Click on the link for details. You can download the application from the A/P website also.

The DDE is available to Annual Passholders, Florida Residents and now Castmembers. I'll be curious to see what type of disclaimers the F&W brochure has, because last year it said that you had to have a valid pass & not a voucher to apply for DDE membership. Don't know if it was for real, or if it was more to discourage would-be cheaters.

mickey-mouse35
07-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Just to clarify--ANYONE can go to special activities like Party for the Senses if they pay, correct? You're just saying that people with annual passes, FL residents and castmembers on DDE get a heads up by email? THANKS!

SimbaandNalasMama
07-26-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp

Click on the link for details. You can download the application from the A/P website also.

The DDE is available to Annual Passholders, Florida Residents and now Castmembers. I'll be curious to see what type of disclaimers the F&W brochure has, because last year it said that you had to have a valid pass & not a voucher to apply for DDE membership. Don't know if it was for real, or if it was more to discourage would-be cheaters.

thanks for the info. Guess since i fall into none of the three categories...i will just rely on good ole trusty Intercot to provide me with the details!

thanks one and all for the valuable info!:)

KylesMom
07-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Just to clarify--ANYONE can go to special activities like Party for the Senses if they pay, correct? You're just saying that people with annual passes, FL residents and castmembers on DDE get a heads up by email? Actually, those groups fall into the category of those who can apply for the Disney Dining Experience card. Yes, Anyone can go to the special activities, parties, etcetera.

For those that are DDE members, I just found this disclaimer on the A/P website:

The Disney Dining Experience discount will not be offered during special events. The Disney Dining Experience discount cannot be combined with any other discount or package. This includes events such as Fantasmic Dinner Package, Epcot Food and Wine Festival Events, and Candlelight Dinner Packages.

KathyMO
07-27-2007, 10:02 PM
The schedule is now up on another WDW information page.

Kathy

SallyP
07-29-2007, 12:11 PM

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, looks pretty official to me.

mickey-mouse35
07-29-2007, 03:32 PM

Kathy

Where is the schedule posted? THANKS!

SimbaandNalasMama
07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
yep, happened across this info this morning. helped me see i cant afford a PftS :( and that Cat Cora is not going to be there the same time we are. but hey, so what, all the other fun things that are going on will be more than enough!!!

KathyMO
07-30-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't think I can post the link on this forum. Just do a web search for "Food and Wine Festival - Epcot" and it should show up in the top few listings.

Kathy

mickey-mouse35
07-30-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't think I can post the link on this forum. Just do a web search for "Food and Wine Festival - Epcot" and it should show up in the top few listings.

Found it--thanks!

mimi78
07-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I just saw the schedule and was interested in a few things, but I'm still working out the dates I'll be there. Does anyone know what the cancellation policies are? I was interested in the Evening with Jim Koch.