PDA

View Full Version : Stardust (Opens August 10, 2007)

NotaGeek
07-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Ok, so my next movie thread is for the movie Stardust ... I saw the trailer tonight bored on the couch and I can't believe how good it looks! Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Claire Danes? Count me in! Let's hope it's good!

Here's the Official Stardust Movie Page (http://www.stardustmovie.com/) and the Yahoo Stardust Movie Page. (http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/stardust.html)

Anyone else excited for this movie? It's the next "chick flick" movie date for my and my best friend Desiree! :thumbsup:

LaDracul
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I have been looking forward to it for a long time...bit disappointed Noel Fielding (Glam British comedian) isn't in it anymore. :(

Have you read the book? I think there's quite a few differences between the two, including a reason why the Captain was renamed Shakespeare for the film...:secret:

automation85
07-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I've read the book, and I wonder why it was chosen. Of all the Neil Gaiman novels, this would have to be towards to bottom of my list. It's a fantastic story, but I wonder if it will be able to carry over to film and if people will even want to see it/ I fear it may be another Brother's Grimm. Names don't mean a whole lot when people aren't interested. :(

Crow
07-25-2007, 08:43 PM
im wondering about it, w the writer and the stars. and i like scifi

NotaGeek
08-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone has caught this in Sneak Previews yet? I am hoping to see it early next week!

NotaGeek
09-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Ok, so I FINALLY went to see Stardust ... and let me tell you folks, it was GREAT! I loved it from start to finish! Michelle Pfeiffer was amazing, and Robert De Niro was HYSTERICAL. And Clare Danes was adorable, but I still can't see help but think of her in Little Women! :)

Great movie, and I hope others get to see it! By the way, Charlie Cox as Tristan was completely and totally EYE CANDY!! :eek:

Melanie
09-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Just the review I've been waiting for! ;)

So who is this Charlie Cox fellow?

What's with Michelle Pfeiffer? She goes into hiding for a few years and comes back with a bang!

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2007, 07:25 AM
So who is this Charlie Cox fellow?

Mel - he in that Casanova movie I was just telling you about. And I agree with Michael - he is a cutie. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
12-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh my goodness!! We just finished watching the DVD of Stardust and we just loved it!!! I think I could sit right back down and watch it again. Casting was superb, the scenery was gorgeous and it was such a funny and clever script!! My daughter, her friend and I give are giving Stardust six :thumbsup:!!

NotaGeek
12-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh my goodness!! We just finished watching the DVD of Stardust and we just loved it!!! I think I could sit right back down and watch it again. Casting was superb, the scenery was gorgeous and it was such a funny and clever script!! My daughter, her friend and I give are giving Stardust six :thumbsup:!!
I am SOOO glad you guys liked it ... it was one of my favorites this year! :thumbsup::thumbsup: -- which makes it 8 if you count my thumbs from the past!

J9
01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I saw the DVD last night. I rented it from blockbuster, and then this morning ran out to best buy to actually buy it before I could even get the rented disc returned! It was that good! (Also, if you go to te movie's official website, there is a $5 coupon for the dvd that expires 1/15/08)

I can't believe I had written this movie off before - it was so absolutely amazing and I have to restrain myself from popping the disc in again. The only way I can describe ii is Princess Bride meets Hocus Pocus meets Big Fish meets Laputa: Castle in the Sky. The movie was just so so good. And I think that Tristan was def a cutie (as was the actor who played the father as a young man - he's going to be playing Prince Caspian in the Narnia movies!)

I've actually had the book for a few years now and never got around to reading it - I'll definitely make sure I get that done sometime soon. Did the author write any other good books? From what I can tell, everything else seems to be comic books.

So in conclusion, go see Stardust NOW.

Not2Loud
01-02-2008, 08:58 AM
DW and I saw this a while back at the theater. We enjoyed it...DeNiro was great!

TikiGoddess
01-05-2008, 01:50 PM
We just rented this one and loved it. The ghost brothers were a fantastic touch!! It wasn't what I expected... I think that's what I liked about it! (plus the fact that Princess Bride has to be one of my all time fave movies, and this was very Bride-ish in parts)

TikiG

Tinkerbella
01-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Indeed, this is a great movie! We rented it then bought it the next day. I watched it with the BF and had to refrain from drooling over Charlie Cox...:blush: