PDA

View Full Version : Disney shoppig pass...

Disneyluvr2
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
I'll be flying to Long Beach this weekend and have a t-shirt to exchange at DCA but I'm sure my sister in-law won't want to buy a one day ticket to Disneyland for herself and her two kids. Has anyone used the Disneyland shopping pass? If so, is it good for both parks (like a hopper pass) or just one park or the other? I have an AP so can she get a shopping pass for herself AND the two kids? I guess two hours at the park would be better than none if we can do the shopping pass thing!

NotaGeek
07-24-2007, 12:42 AM
I have never heard of the Shopping Pass, I figured since you can exchange anything you buy at Disneyland/DCA at World of Disney they wouldn't offer anything like that at all (especially since there would be no way to kick you out or prevent you from riding rides and not just going to shop) ... be sure and fill us in if you call guest services. Their number is (714) 781-7290 from 7am-6pm Pacific Time. :mickey:

Mufasa
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
In the past there has been a shopping pass, but the restrictions have been very strict on it's use.

First, only 1 member of your party will be allowed entry into the park.

They take a credit card imprint and pre-authorize the charge for 1-day park admission and you are given 1 hour entry to the park with a specific return time. Fail to return to guest relations in the allotted time and you're charged for a standard 1-day pass and that shopping pass then becomes valid as a regular 1-day pass.

Also, upon returning to guest relations you may/may not be asked to produce a receipt for a valid purchase made within the park.

Also, the shopping passes were not available for use after 4pm.

With most of the park merchandise being available now at the World of Disney store outside of the park, the issuance of a shopping pass is less likely.

If there's a specific item that someone wants to purchase that they remember spotting in the park often times for example guest relations or World of Disney CM can call and check on availability and have it brought from the park for purchase (and there's also the option of using the Disneyland DelivEARS service for merchandise orders as well).

A shopping pass is issued as a courtesy and not meant to be used as a way to circumvent the purchase of a ticket to get a "free" hour of admission into Disneyland.

Disneyluvr2
07-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks Mufasa. I thought the shopping pass was good for 2 hours but It's only one hour? So if someone with kids tries to get a pass they wouldn't let the kids go in with the parent? I just want to make sure I have all my facts straight before I try to convience my sister in-law to take me to the park to exchange my shirt. Thanks again!

Marla
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Well, of course I should have known...any questions or comments that circle around shopping would have DisneyLuvr2 smack dab in the middle of it.:funny:T-shirt return??, or are you really after that Dole-Whip?:papple:Just having fun,:tink:

Disneyluvr2
07-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Dang Marlal, you figured me out! Wanna join me for a Dolewhip???

halofan
01-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Hello all! Well I am going to relocating back to SoCal in the very near future but will not be picking up Annual Passports for a while.

I do however want to check out what Star Wars items the parks have.

I am looking for the Disney Characters as Star Wars Character figures and anything else that might be available! (i.e. Potato Heads)

Do they still do shopping passes for an hour? I did this twice a few years ago and man were the customer relations people rude about it one of those times. That time they flat out refused because they were selling a new print. (something I was not their for!) The other time they let me and were nothing but gracious.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
The answer is yes ... you can check out this previous post (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110950&highlight=shopping+pass)for answers.

I am going to move this over to Disneyland Shopping and merge this post to the previous thread ...

Here we go! :tink:

halofan
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks NotaGeek!

I will be a little more patient next time before starting a new thread. The search feature was giving me trouble so I went ahead and posted.

Oh who am I kidding...I am going to get an Annual Pass anyway when I move back :blush:

avalon451
03-01-2008, 12:09 PM
We are going on our first trip to DLR March 23 (DH 47, Me 43, DDs 12, 10, 5). None of us have EVER been to any Disney park, so needless to say we are very psyched! My husband was at the Convention Center for a business trip in early Feb., so he used the opportunity to get a shopping pass and do some park reconnaissance, just to get a feel for where everything is and the layout. He had no problem getting the one-hour shopping pass on a Friday around noon. He was so glad he did! He walked quickly around the entire park, talked to CMs about different attractions, FP procedures, looked at some of the rides. He was so impressed with how nice the CMs were and the general coolness of everything. He said he got hit hard with the "happiest place on earth" feeling of wonder, which is funny for him, since he is a very practical, down-to-earth engineer!
Needless to say, this has made us even more excited for our trip, March 24th-28th. :mjump:

NotaGeek
03-01-2008, 12:43 PM
We are going on our first trip to DLR March 23 (DH 47, Me 43, DDs 12, 10, 5). None of us have EVER been to any Disney park, so needless to say we are very psyched! My husband was at the Convention Center for a business trip in early Feb., so he used the opportunity to get a shopping pass and do some park reconnaissance, just to get a feel for where everything is and the layout. He had no problem getting the one-hour shopping pass on a Friday around noon. He was so glad he did! He walked quickly around the entire park, talked to CMs about different attractions, FP procedures, looked at some of the rides. He was so impressed with how nice the CMs were and the general coolness of everything. He said he got hit hard with the "happiest place on earth" feeling of wonder, which is funny for him, since he is a very practical, down-to-earth engineer!
Needless to say, this has made us even more excited for our trip, March 24th-28th. :mjump:

Did he actually shop on this hour in the park? If not, it seems that he used it for exactly what it's NOT for ... getting a look a Disneyland without paying admission.

avalon451
03-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Did he actually shop on this hour in the park? If not, it seems that he used it for exactly what it's NOT for ... getting a look a Disneyland without paying admission.

Well, I think it would be misusing it if he had gone on rides, etc. In fact, at one point he was investigating Indy because we'd read about the single rider back entrance, and he couldn't quite envision that. So he found the single rider line and checked it out, and spoke with a CM inside about how it all worked. She was very helpful, understood that he was only there on a shopping pass, yet invited him to ride. He was tempted but refused politely, figuring that it would be real abuse of the pass privilege. He did purchase a few little souvenirs, although admittedly the purpose of his "mission" was to get familiar with the park's layout, since he will be our "runner" when we go.
I hope this doesn't seem too out-of-line. I'd hate to think we were really abusing the system.:(

BronxTigger
03-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Avalon, I don't think you were out of line. He bought things while there and to get to the stores you have to walk around. Why not ask questions while walking around?