PDA

View Full Version : please help me with these Jan. dates!

Bluesky481
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm so incredibly excited right now! I'm in the formative stages of planning our next DW trip :party:

My little sister, my friend (who hasn't been to Disney since she was in 2nd grade...we're in our mid 20s now) and I are planning a January 2008 vacation. I have it narrowed down to these 2 options:

1. Saturday, Jan. 12 through Thursday , Jan. 18
(yes, we'd be there during the weekend of the Marathon)

2. Tuesday, Jan. 22 through Sunday, Jan. 27
(we'd be arriving the day after MLK day)

Bottom line, which do you think would be the less crowded time period overall? I want this to be a magical trip, especially since my friend will get to experience Disney as an adult for the first time!

As a side note, I have to send a big "thank you" to my hubby for letting me have this wonderful getaway with "the girls". You're the best, sweetie!:thanks:

Mickey 101
07-24-2007, 01:51 AM
As you can see from my signature, we love to go to WDW in January because there are typically very low crowds. I think you'd be better off avoiding Marathon weekend. MLK weekend gets pretty busy, too, but since you're arriving the day after, you should be OK. It really clears out once the weekend is over.

Can't resist one helpful tip. :blush: The weather is unpredictable that time of year, so make sure you pack for a variety of temps. Its usually dry, but we've had anywhere from the 30's to the 80's, so I'd recommend winter coats and a lot of layering pieces. Have a great trip!

Bluesky481
07-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Hey Mickey 101! Thanks for the helpful information. You actually gave me the answer I was hoping for.:thumbsup: If all goes according to plan, we'll definitely use those dates. :D

Thanks for the other tips as well. I was just down in December of '06 and you're right, there are some evenings that get downright cold. I've heard January can be a bit more brisk....but anything will be better than the bitterness of an Indiana winter....well maybe anything south of Indiana.:blush:

Thanks again!