PDA

View Full Version : Grand/Magical Gatherings

princessjojo
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
There are going to be 8 of us traveling in June 2008 and I'm considering the Grand/Magical gathering option but I have a couple of questions.

1) What is the difference between Grand Gatherings and Magical Gatherings?
2) Is there a real benefit to this program. The options seem rather pricey for us.
3) I understand that one of the big advantages is having dinner seating together rather than at separate tables, but can we make separate ADR's at different restaurants. There may be times when we just want to eat with our respective families rather than as a group.

Thanks for your help!!

Dedivah
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
1) What is the difference between Grand Gatherings and Magical Gatherings?

A Grand Gathering is 8 or more guests.

A Magical Gathering is like a Family runion or something. They didn't give a number but they mentiond 10 or more rooms.

2) Is there a real benefit to this program. The options seem rather pricey for us.

IMHO, there is no real benefit. You pay for the experiences so you are not getting anything for free. However you are getting an extra experience that are not offered to smaller groups or families.

3) I understand that one of the big advantages is having dinner seating together rather than at separate tables, but can we make separate ADR's at different restaurants. There may be times when we just want to eat with our respective families rather than as a group.

Of course, you can seperate. Even though you have a grand gathering # each family will have reservation #, so instead of using the group # you will use your indivdual reservation number. GG/MG# connects you as a group, your reservation # is for the people in each room.

DisneyBunch5
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
A benefit also includes the guarantee of adjoining/connecting rooms.

princessjojo
07-24-2007, 03:47 PM
1) 3) I understand that one of the big advantages is having dinner seating together rather than at separate tables, but can we make separate ADR's at different restaurants. There may be times when we just want to eat with our respective families rather than as a group.

Of course, you can seperate. Even though you have a grand gathering # each family will have reservation #, so instead of using the group # you will use your indivdual reservation number. GG/MG# connects you as a group, your reservation # is for the people in each room.
Well, we do have the 8 people, but we are all staying under 1 reservation # in a DVC (2br). I'm really confused. I guess I'm wondering if I can make, for instance, 2 ADR's for dinner one night, 4 guest at one restaurant and 4 guest at another. I don't know that that will even come into play, but I just want to be sure that if they want to eat somewhere that we don't particularly care for, that we can both have our ADR's taken care of.

Does this make sense?? I'm not sure if it does or not.

traceyo1
07-25-2007, 07:55 PM
You can make separate reservations. There are 14 of us going for our Grand Gathering in December. For one of the meals at MGM we made different reservations for Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine for the same time frame.

Also you don't have to do any of the extra events to be part of a GG. But by letting them know you are part of a GG, they make sure you are seated next to each other at restaurants and if you have more than one room (which you don't) they make sure you have adjoining rooms. Also it helps to have everyone's information together when you call.

This is our first GG experience and we are excited about the Magical Voyage with Peter Pan. This seems like the only experience that you really can't do without a GG.:grouphug: