PDA

View Full Version : A short- yet sweet trip ;] Day ONE.

DREAMADREAM93
07-23-2007, 05:10 PM
CAST:
Daddy - 37 - Been to WDW numerous times.
Me - 14 - Been to WDW numerous times.
Tini - 13 - Been ONE time when she was very young.

Following a disasterous nationals tournament, in which my team crumbled due to various disputes and obvious differences, my dad, me, and one of my teammates went to WDW with a 2 day parkhopper!

We used the first day of our park hopper at EPCOT. We got their around 6ish because we had just been at IOA and Universal :ack: with a few of our teammates.

We started at Mission space because their was a "15 minute wait." We were blessed though because there was actually no wait at all and we just walked on. It was a GREAT ride.

Tini absolutely adored it! And the stuff about not turning your head or closing your eyes on the Orange version because it will make you sick is wrong. Maybe i am just not prone to motion sickness what so ever because i did and it didnt bother me in the least.

Then we went over to TestTrack and hopped in the Single Rider Line to avoid the wait, well aware that our party would be separated. I think its great to be separated because you end up meeting some really neat and facsinating people. After i boarded the ride [with an adorable little girl and her mother], my dad got stopped by a woman in the single rider line asking to cut in front of him so that she could ride with her friend. My dad simply said 'whatever' and let the woman go. Behind him though, a hillarious man from jersey began to make fun of the woman making it VERY clear it was a single rider line. Personally, I hate it when people ride single rider and still expect to be sat with their friends. If it means that much to you, wait in the stand-by line.

THEN, i had been jumping up and down because i knew that JII was next. When we arrived in Future World however i was crushed. JII wasn't open! After walking over to a castmember and asking "WHYYYYYY?" i felt really stupid because i forgot that Future World closed at 7. Too bad it was 10 after. :(

Then we walked over to Soarin'. We have been three times since it had been open and never been able to get on due to the EXTREMELY LONG wait lines! & every time we go, there are never any fastpasses left. We had heard mixed reviews on the ride and were REALLY looking forward to it, but, the trend had not faltered. Wait time: 70 minutes. Fast passes had been gone for a LONG time.

Giving up on rides, and planning ahead to get a good seat for IllumiNations, we decided to look for food. Instead of going to the same four resturaunts in WS that i always go to [Le Cellier, "The Mexican Temple Restuarnt", Rose and Crown, and the restuaraunt in France] i decided i wanted something i hadnt had. Knowing that i loved German food because my mother makes Bratworst, cabbage, etc...i decided on Oktoberfest. Needless to say, i have a new favorite resteraunt. The show was excellent, the food was excellent, the atmosphere was excellent. It was an all around GREAT meal. the only thing that could have been better was the service. All VERY nice, but not very aware of things such as empty glasses and used plates.

We concluded our night with IllumiNations and I am going to be SO upset when they take it away. I think it is a GREAT show and i hope the nexxt one is up to those standards!

Day TWO is soon to come! :mickey:

JOrdan :]

Bethis26fan
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for sharing.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you had a great time!

Are they closing Illiminations? I hadn't heard that before if they were..

Chris :hatter:

Bethanymouse
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great finish to your day at Epcot! Gotta love the world showcase food!

Lizzie
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the report.

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Sorry about your tournament. But I'm sure a trip to WDW will do the trick to cheer you up!

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Sorry to hear your tournie went sour. But a trip to the world surely helps. Sounds like a fun one. But I hadn't heard anthing about illuminations going anywhere.....What's up with that?!?:mad:

faline
07-25-2007, 09:45 AM
You accomplished quite a lot with your evening at Epcot!

gauvin4
07-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Gald to hear you had a good time at EPCOT. You sure did get alot done.

SBETigg
07-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Sounds like a great time! I'm with you on the single riders. If you get in the single rider line, you shouldn't expect to end up riding with your party. But your dad had the right attitude- "whatever." It's better than making fun of people. :thumbsup: I love Soarin! Too bad you didn't get to try it. Mission: Space is another favorite. Thanks for the report!

KylesMom
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry that things didn't go so well at Nationals, Jordan. But what could make things better but a trip to Epcot! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, other than Soarin'. Thanks for sharing!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
I too hadn't heard anything about Illuminations going away. I hope not!
Thanks for the trip report so far Jordan. It sounds like you guys are having fun.

pdrlkr
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Pocahontas
07-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your report. I'm shocked that you got on Mission Space with no wait and yet Soarin' had a 70 minute wait. I thought MS was still a really popular ride?

January-2007
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the trip report! The Biergarten has always been a favorite of my family's, so glad you enjoyed it!

BronxTigger
08-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm off to read about day 2.

iheartmickey
08-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Besides the lousy service when eating it sounds to me like a great 'first' day!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup: