PDA

View Full Version : Day Trip 7-11-07

indytraveler
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
We had our annual summer trip to FL. Even though we spent the majority of the time soaking up sun on the beach and learning to surf we did manage to make it to the World for a day. We were planning on more but have decided to do a Disney only trip in October. So we are planning our first stay on property visit. Anyways, Our trip starts with us leaving the Cocoa Beach area around 7:15 to be at the MK when they drop the rope. Our goal each time we go is to park in Pluto 11. This is the first row of parking behind the trees on the Poly side. We made it barely 7 cars from the end. We just missed the train pulling into the station but we arrive at the dock after taking the ferry at 8:55.

Now into the park... We each pick a map out of the tunnel as we pass. I don't know why b/c we never use them. Keep sakes I guess. We go our customary way through the park start in Adventureland and work around back to Tommorrowland. Lowlights in the morning... Jungle Cruise, which is one of my family's favorites was unspectactular b/c of our guide. So we quietly did our favorite jokes he missed. Pointing out our favorite flowers, getting the jeep to turn over, backside of water. Needless to say we didn't tip him, over. Having that as our only lowlight was good. Finished Adventureland with POTC, Alladin. Rode BTMRR 2x in a row. Saw CB Missed out on HM due to refurb. Then we Rode all the Fantasyland rides before our Lunch reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern.

***IMPORTANT INFO***
Lunch at LTT is one of our favorites. We go for the apple butter and yeast rolls. However, this was almost tragic. We noticed that there weren't any rolls on any other tables. We asked our waiter and he said that you have to request them now in order to be served rolls. If you like good rolls with apple butter then make a note of this. If not then I'll have more on my next visit.:D

We did our Fastpasses for PP, Pooh, SM(3x), Buzz (4x). It was during our time in Fantasyland I made the comment about crowd size. This is our normal tme of year to visit so we are used to crowd sizes that can get out of control. With this in mind we accomplished all the rides we wanted to even several times for some. Our last day trip was 1-4-07, and they ran out of SM FP's by 3:00 in the afternoon. Nothing of the sort this time.

Highlight... We ventured into the Monster's Inc laugh floor for the first time. We really like it. However, I was "That Guy" during our show. That made it pretty funny for us. Now the amazing thing. We are on the Ferry boat back to the TT when A young boy about 5 says to me. Hey! You're That Guy! My kids were in stitches b/c this was midnight and we saw the show around 2:00 in the afternoon. So my DD-13 still calls me "That Guy".

The evening was wrapped up in our special parade places and a day at the MK is best concluded with Wishes. Still get goosebumps when I hear Wish upon a star and Jiminy Cricket's voice. Of course our day can't be complete with our stop by the ice cream parlor and get our "single" scoop cones or dishes.

So the park closed at 11:00 and we did alright by getting to our car by 12:15. About 15 hrs of magic. Never enough time though.

Now it's on to planning our next trip in October. Thanks for reading.

Bethanymouse
07-23-2007, 07:37 PM
It sounds like you had a great disney day! You got a lot done and were able to see some of my favorites! Thanks for sharing!

Bethis26fan
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for tip on LTT. We are eating there for the first time in Nov. and I love a good yeast roll.

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
What a wonderful day! Enough magic to hold you over til October.

Lizzie
07-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Wow you managed to do a lot. Sounds like a fun day thanks for the report.

January-2007
07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
What a fun day! We went to LTT on our last day at the World and we noticed someone getting the rolls so we asked for some. They were the highlight of the meal. That's so funny about you being "that guy" and the kid remembering you. Thanks for the trip report, have fun planning your next adventure!

disneydrmr
07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for sharing your report with us "That Guy" :D. Sounds like you had fun and enough of the magic to get you thru till October!

DizNee143
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
hey "that guy" sounds like you had a pretty good day at the Magic Kingdom...you sure did manage to get a lot done!!! than for sharing it with us!!! :mickey:

gauvin4
07-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Great report. You sure did get a lot in for one day!! Thanks for the infoabout LTT. We will be trying it our for the 1st time in Dec. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks "that guy", sounds like a very fulfilling day. Don't worry, you aren't the only one who gets all choked up over Wishes!!

crazypoohbear
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
What a great trip!!

faline
07-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like you must have ended the day with tired feet! What a great Magic Kingdom day you had! Just enough of a taste to increase the anticipation for your next trip!

KylesMom
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Man, I hope you didn't have to get in your car & drive too far after your busy day. What a wonderful time with your family! You really were able to see and do an incredible amount with the heat & crowds.

I'm cracking up that you were "that guy"!

Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

pdrlkr
07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: