PDA

View Full Version : POR room size

berg
07-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Could someone tell me what the size of the rooms are. There will be 5 people, 2 adults and 3 children (14,13,7) staying there for 12 nights. We are getting a day bed. Are we crazy staying this long in this size of room?

107 days and counting!!!!!!!

mickey-mouse35
07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Someone can give the exact room size, but yes, I think you're crazy for staying that long with those age groups. The rooms are relatively small, so you won't have any wiggle room at all or much room to store clothes, etc. The good news is that these rooms have two sinks in the bathroom instead of one. I think the value resorts have suites now--might be more room for same price--not sure of details but someone else will...

CleveRocks
07-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Exactly 314 square feet.

There is a small table with 2 chairs, but otherwise the only place to sit is the beds.

I would think that's pretty small for 5 people of those ages, unless of course you wake up with the rooster, do parks all day and return late at night to crash.

If you're going to be hanging out a while, it just sounds so awfully small.

ASMu is the only Value with suites. It's basically 2 Value rooms (260 sq. ft. each) with a kitchenette. Keep in mind this means 2 bathrooms, as well, perhaps an important consideration.

In "regular" season, when you're traveling, the ASMu family suite runs $215 per night, versus $165 per night for your POR room, assuming it's not a water view room ($185).

AT $50 night extra, is it worth $600 for you to have the extra space and extra bathroom?

princess'npirate mommy
07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Another thing you may want to consider is the bedding. The rooms only have double beds vs. queens at the deluxe resorts. Also, I'm pretty sure POR does not have day beds. They have a trundle style bed that pulls out from under one of the double beds. It is more like a cot, your seven year old may be alright sleeping on it, but, not if they are on the larger side for their age. I love POR, but I'm not sure about how comfortable you will be for that length trip. Good luck in your decision making!

stitch and co
07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Our family did 17 nights back in 2003 at POR. The kids were 11, 9, and 4 back then and we did just fine. We are staying 13 nights on our Dec 2007/Jan 2008 trip and the kids will be 15, 13, and 8. While the room is not overly spacious, it works for us as we don't spend too much time in the room anyway.

They are only double beds, but we do just fine. DH, DD 15 and I are all 6' and over so we are use to hotel beds not "fitting". The other two take turns on the trundle bed. DD 13 is small for her age so it still works for us.

Hope this helps.

berg
07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Thank you all for your comments. Will let you know how it works out. To move up to a suite is lots of $$$$$ in the delux places.

jenfriend
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
We stayed at Port Orleans-Riverside for 8 nighs when our kids were 8,6,almost 3. It was cozy, but ok. We're not in the room much anyway. The curtain across the vanity area with 2 sinks outside the restroom was essential. The hardest part was the Double beds, DH (6'4") and I split up and slept with one kid, and one kid slept on the floor or squeezed in one of the beds. We're going back and getting a room w/ a trundle -like a "shelf" that slides from under a bed only suitable for a shorter person (your 7yo). But when our youngest is too large for the trundle, then we'll have to get 2 rooms at a Value or go Deluxe. We LOVE staying at Port-Riv, so that will be sad day. You'll be crowded, but it's not impossible for 5 to stay in one room. Have fun!

Mickey's 4Walls
07-29-2007, 02:57 PM
We've stay many times at POR -the first -the grandparents went with us 5-total in the room and my DAD is in a wheel chair-they forgot to put us in a room with a trundle -so they brought a fold- up bed-( it was a little larger than the trundle, and folded up nicely behind the door) we stayed 8 nights and did fine--this year we are all going back with a two year old added to the bunch ( so there will be 6 in the room) 2yr doesn't count yet- and also the dining isn't free if you stay in the suite that was talked about earlier - I checked there first. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!:thumbsup:

wendybird
07-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I think that 2 standard rooms at a value is cheaper than the family suite. You could get 2 connecting rooms and spread out a bit more. That would give you 4 double beds and 2 baths. I think POR will be very tight w/ 5 people of those ages. Teens might need more space... I'd go w/ 2 rooms at a value for just a little $$ more than one moderate. We have gone to a value resort during value season with a AAA rate of $64 per night!