PDA

View Full Version : Disney at Thanksgiving

terrilo42
07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello,

I am new to the boards and I am wondering what Disney is like at Thanksgiving? We are planning a trip from 11/21 - 11/25. We have been in December twice, but have not yet been in November.

Thanks

glar42
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Taken three trips to Disney over Thanksgiving. We usually get there the week before (our trips are 12-14 days)....crowds are great. We walk on to every ride with very little wait. The weekend before & days leading up to Thanksgiving get busier and busier. Last year Thanksgiving day was very crowded and unforunately it was the coldest trip ever!!!! Had to actually buy hat & gloves to go out at night.

Make sure you have ADR for dinner on Thanksgiving. If you want a sit down reservations are a must!! One year we did a buffet at the Swan and was disappointed. Last year we ate at the restaurant in our resort and was much happier. My father said next time he'd be happy just to eat at the food court (easy to please!).

I hear the week after Thanksgiving is much thinner with crowds. Normally this time of year the weather is great. Our itinerary always included water parks and such. We just had an abnormally cold trip this time around.

Have a great trip!!!

100 days until "Mom's go to Disney" :mickey:

DisneyAddict62
07-23-2007, 09:11 PM
We are going the same dates as you! :turkey: This will be our 3rd Thanksgiving trip. It is pretty busy, but with the wonderful fastpasses, it isn't as bad as you might think. :mickey: We have to cram everything into 3-4 days, and we usually end up doing everything we set out to, and there are 7 of us!

IloveDisney71
07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I went the week-end before Tkg. two years ago and really enjoyed seeing the holiday decorations and holiday parades at MGM & AK. It got me in the Christmas spirit early that year. The crowds pick up the closer it gets to Tkg., but if you keep that in mind you'll still have a wonderful time.

texasteacher
07-30-2007, 01:10 AM
I visited during Thanksgiving week a few years and really enjoyed it.The weather was very nice. I did not think the crowds were unbearable, except Thanksgiving Day. I would not advise going to MK on Thanksgiving like we did. But we got a lot of rides in by going early. Also ,book an ATR now. We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern and still had to wait almost an hour for a seat. We enjoyed the meal though.
I am going the week after Christmas this year and am a little nervous about the crowds that I will encounter.
Enjoy your trip!

PrincessKaitsMom
07-31-2007, 02:38 PM
We went last Thanksgiving and are planning to go back this Thanksgiving. We had ADRs for all of our table service meals during the trip, so that wasn't a problem. Lines were not too bad in the mornings and we used fast passes in the afternoons. We started our day with long sleeves under our T-shirts, but were able to just wear short sleeves in the mid-day and afternoon, it cooled down a little in the evenings also. We were able to swim while there also. We didn't need a jacket at all last year, but I guess you never know in November. Overall, I think it was a great time of year to go and we plan to go back for a week this Thanksgiving.