PDA

View Full Version : Adrs have been made! Comments? Suggestions for counter service?

ChewyStriker
07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
We're getting really excited for our upcoming Sept. 9 to 14 trip - our first with the dining plan. Below are our ADRs - please let us know what you think!

Sept. 9 - Dinner @ Boma
Sept. 10 - BF at Playhouse Disney/Hollywood and Vine
Sept. 11 - Dinner at San Angel Inn
Sept. 12 - Dinner at Crystal Palace
Sept. 13 - Breakfast at Ohanas

Also if you have any counter service suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

BelleBeauty
07-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Great choices!

For CS I suggest:

- Pecos Bills (MK)
- Cosmic Rays (MK)
- and a turkey leg with your snack credits at any of the carts!

SBETigg
07-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Good choices. The breakfasts are not necessarily your best use of dining plan credits. 'Ohana is great, and it's not a bad choice at all. But if you wanted to get more out of your dining plan, you could- for example- pay out of pocket for your 'Ohana breakfast or the H & V character meal and use the credits for a dinner on one of the nights.

GrmGrninGost
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
All are good choices. I myself would pay out of pocket for the breakfasts and use the TS for some nice dinners. But that's just me. As far as CS meals, I like Cosmic Rays at MK, Electric Umbrella at EPCOT, Flametree Barbeque at AK and Backlot Express at the Studios. I also like Columbia Harbor House at MK. :mickey:

texasteacher
07-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree with the others that Cosmic Ray is a good counter service choice at MK.
Personally, I was not very pleased with San Angel Inn, but I am from Texas and we like our Mexican food done in what we call "Tex/Mex " style - very spicy! I found San Angel a little bland for my taste. It did have lovely ambience though. If you don't need spicy Mexican food, you may like it.

Bethanymouse
07-23-2007, 05:08 PM
As a dining plan veteran I have never eaten at most of the places on your list because I tend to go to the same ones over and over! I know for a fact that most people really enjoy the Crystal Palace and Boma- so I think you will enjoy those. San Angel Inn was not my favorite last trip, we didnt have that great of an experience so we will not be returning, but hopefully you find it to be wonderful! Some of our favorite counter services are Pinocchio Village Haus, Cosmic Rays, Backlot Express, and Flame Tree! Enjoy all of your good eats!:D

Crow
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
SAn Angel great atmosphere but i cancelled my ADR for it last trip.
cs Pecos Bills
Cookes of Dublin at DD:thumbsup:

MelG8
07-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a few that I like:

Magic Kingdom = Columbia Harbor House (good chowder and different selection of sandwiches, oh and you can sit upstairs where it is quieter) or Pecos Bill (large fixins bar)

Downtown Disney = Earl of Sandwich (great hot or cold sandwiches for a low price)

EPCOT = Electric Umbrella (a variety and a fixins bar)

MGM = Backlot Express (standards) or ABC Commissary (a variety of food and quiet area)

Animal Kingdom = Tusker House (it may be closed when you visit)

Thanks,

Melissa:marg:

Mickey91
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
I think sound like yummy choices.
For CS I like:

MK - Cosmic Rays or Columbia Harbour House

EPCOT - Electric Umbrella, Liberty Inn

MGM - Backlot Express

AK - With Tuskerhouse closing, there really isn't anything. We are goin to try the CS at AKL the day we go to AK.

:hi:Hey MelG8! Welcome to Intercot!!!

:cheer::welcome::cheer:

BrerStitch
07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Hello!

I think you'll love the dining plan, although I do agree with some of the other people that you would get more for your "free" dining money if you chose to do dinner instead of breakfast. But that's a personal choice really.

As for your choices, the DH and I have always loved San Angel Inn, the atmosphere is very lovely, a nice romantic setting. Ask to sit by the water so that you can watch the people on the boat ride go by and sit closer to the volcano. That being said, although we thoroughly enjoyed it for 2 years in a row, we did not enjoy it the previous time. We have not made return ADR's for this trip. Perhaps it was just an off day for them. I wouldn't let that scare you away, try it for yourself.

Ohanas we have done for dinner and we enjoy the atmosphere here also. I loved the breakfast years ago. Crystal Palace is also nice, just be forewarned that it can be a bit on the noisy side. No quiet or personal conversations here. You're kind of on top of the other diners.

CS you ask? Here are some of our favorites:

Magic Kingdom -

Pinnocchio Village Haus, sit by the windows and watch the boats of It's A Small World being launched.

Columbia Harbour House, go upstairs and find quaint seating and a view of Fantasyland or Liberty Square.

Pecos Bills - nice fixin's bar

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree BBQ - love seating, it can be right out on the water and you can watch Everest from a distance, great tasting food

Epcot

Fountainview Cafe - nice view of fountain, yummy treats

Cantina de San Angel - nachos, nachos, nachos!

ChewyStriker
07-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks to those who've replied.

Just to clarify, we'll be traveling with my son, who will be 28 mos., so that's why we're doing some of the character breakfasts and buffets are good, since he eats free.

Keep the suggestions coming!:mickey: