PDA

View Full Version : cinnamon rolls

disneyfun07
07-23-2007, 11:58 AM
I am a HUGE fan of cinnamon rolls and I was wondering what place in all of Disney has the best ones? I'm thinking they will be a fabulous breakfast with my snack credits.;)

ThanxForNoticin
07-23-2007, 12:22 PM
This one is an easy one for us - the Tusker House at the AK - absolutely a must for any trip to AK. Enjoy.

Maleficent's Dad
07-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Boardwalk Bakery! :tasty:

DisneyorBust
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Don't forget to stop in the Main Street Bakery, they have excellent cinnamon rolls!:thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Doesn't the Poly have "Sticky Mickeys"? They are supposed to be superb.

Gotta Love the TTA
07-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Sticky Mickeys are at the soon-to-be-closed Contemporary Steak House

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I second Main Street Bakery!

They also have a really good cream cheese danish and a bacon egg and cheese croissant sandwich! :cloud9:

ImagiAsh
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Hands down: Main Street Bakery. Delicious!!:D

Ghost * Hostess
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
OMG, I haven't had a Sticky Mickey in years. I remember they were so big and covered in lots and lots of icing. We had them at the restaurant next to Chef Mickeys. AWSOME!!!:thumbsup:

DisneyMomx7
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
I love cinnamon rolls. The Main St. Bakery's rolls were really good but I think the best cinnamon rolls we had in June were from the Kringla Bakery in Norway in EPCOT. They really were to die for - and huge!

jans2kids
07-24-2007, 07:10 AM
I will vote for the following in each pary

AK-Kusafari Bakery at the Tusker House
MGM-Starring Rolls
Epcot- Norway Bakery
MK-Main Street Bakery

TexasPrincessAurora
07-24-2007, 10:25 AM
My vote goes to the Kringla Bakeri in Norway. They are huge and yummy. It's great to get several and take them back to the hotel for breakfast the next morning!

disneyfun07
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
:thumbsup:Looks like my sweet tooth will be coming out on this vacation! :eat: I'll definitely have to try Main Street Bakery's and Norway's. Thanks so much for the input.

angedeaile
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Shame that Concourse is the only place you can find Sticky Mickeys.

They should really expand that item to other places, since Concourse will soon be closed and Sticky Mickey's will be just a memory.

Wow...that sounds so depressing :(

DizNee143
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
the main street bakery!! OMG those are soooo wonderful there!!

mickey-mouse35
07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
For those of you who purchase at the parks and bring "home" for the next morning's breakfast, do you get them at the end of they day? Do they still have them at the end of the day or just in the morning? Sounds yummy! :cloud9:

scootch713
07-24-2007, 07:56 PM
My daughter LOVES the ones at the princess breakfast in epcot. Kinda a funny... the rest of the year, whenever she orders a cinnamon roll... she calls them cinderella rolls(she just turned 5) too cute or what!

princessjojo
07-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I am a HUGE fan of cinnamon rolls and I was wondering what place in all of Disney has the best ones? I'm thinking they will be a fabulous breakfast with my snack credits.;)
Can you get them with the snack credit? Now that would be way too good for me, but bad for my hips and thighs.

TheRustyScupper
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
1) The BEST place for ci
2) Oops, sorry, had to wipe the drool from the keyboard.
3) The BEST place for cinnamon rolls is the Mai
4) Sorry, again.
5) TheBESTplaceforcinnamonrollsistheMainStreetBakery.
6) Whew!
7) Got it all in before the dro
8) Rats, more of that . . .

NOTE: Happens every time I talk about Main Street Bakery.

disneyfun07
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I saw that most places have them for a snack credit, including Main Street Bakery. I'm just hoping all the walking I do will help the thigh situation, lol:funny:

KAT1811
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I saw that most places have them for a snack credit, including Main Street Bakery. I'm just hoping all the walking I do will help the thigh situation, lol:funny:

Calories don't count on vacation!!! Mind over matter. I just keep telling myself that chasing our three DDs around WDW will counteract all of the junk food I plan on eating again this year!!!

Love Main Street Bakery. Probably because when I sit at the curb side tables I can eat my cinnamon roll and look up at Cinderella's Castle and know I'm home. That's probably what makes it taste so great!!!

mainemajor
07-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks for this post. I love cinnamon rolls, but have never thought of them at Disney until now. I had to go out to a bakery today and buy one and look forward to having them in one month.
Again thanks for everyones suggestions.

ElenitaB
07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
For those of you who purchase at the parks and bring "home" for the next morning's breakfast, do you get them at the end of they day? Do they still have them at the end of the day or just in the morning? Sounds yummy! :cloud9:
They have a good selection of baked goods at the end of the day (we normally stop there after Wishes to pick up breakfast for our next day), though sometimes they are out of a certain item. This past trip I wasn't able to get my beloved Apple Charlotte at all (tried two different nights). Like PrincessJoJo said, bad news for me...but good news for the hips and thighs! ;) Cinnamon buns they definitely had though...

okw2006
07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Main Street Bakery:thumbsup:

Gator
07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Norway was out by the evening. Don't take a chance - act fast.

moe513
07-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Great idea to but after wishes for breakfast the next day.

jenperich
07-28-2007, 03:56 PM
This one is an easy one for us - the Tusker House at the AK - absolutely a must for any trip to AK. Enjoy.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with this statement. Tusker House is THE BEST!!

snifflesmcg
07-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I can't wait to try out the cinnamon rolls at the Main St Bakery!!

Donalds Duckie
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Sticky Mickeys are at the soon-to-be-closed Contemporary Steak House

Yep, and it's exactly why I stopped everything Thursday evening to make a breakfast ADR at Concourse Steakhouse, 9 a.m., Sept. 1. I'll be enjoying one last Stickey Mickey:cloud9: before they are no more.:(

Now, it's also a must to head over to Kringla Og in Norway Pavillion to try one of their cinnamon rolls.

I, too, am a huge cinnamon roll fan! Nothing better than a good, big, gooey cinnamon roll.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the scoop!:mickey:

playdead88
07-28-2007, 05:46 PM
i must agree the main street bakery has the best and the boardwalk bakery comes in at a very close second but my favorite place to load up on calories is that bakery in france at world showcase - i think i just gained a pound thinking about it! :eat:

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
My vote goes to the Kringla Bakeri in Norway. They are huge and yummy. It's great to get several and take them back to the hotel for breakfast the next morning!

AMEN:mickey:

tinksmom02
07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
You guys are killing me here LOL I have all my ADR's made for Sept, and now I'm working on a list of all the "others" that you guys reccommend--cinnamon rolls, Dole Whips, LapuLapus, schoolbread, the build your own whatevers at Goofy's Candy co.--can you believe we didn't even have Mickey Rice Krispie treats or ice cream bars last trip?

I'm literally gaining weight just thinking about all these yummy treats! :eat:

A Big Kid
07-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there was a time when Tony's was open for breakfast. After you ordered, they would bring you a giant cinamon roll as an appetizer.

I know that did not help you any, but I couldnt help myself. I miss those.

BronxTigger
08-11-2007, 06:18 PM
These "Sticky Mickeys" you speak so highly of....are they worth it to attempt to make an ADR at Concourse just for those? Or are they similar to a regular cinnamon roll like you can get at Kusafiri or Main Street Bakeries? Or, like at Cinnabon?

Do any of these cinnamon rolls have raisins in them?

Donalds Duckie
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM
These "Sticky Mickeys" you speak so highly of....are they worth it to attempt to make an ADR at Concourse just for those? Or are they similar to a regular cinnamon roll like you can get at Kusafiri or Main Street Bakeries? Or, like at Cinnabon?

Do any of these cinnamon rolls have raisins in them?

Sticky Mickeys are FUN as well as good. It's a cinnamon roll baked to order (which takes a little longer) in a round metal baking cup that makes them rise up in the shape of a Mickey! They give you a container of butter and a container of warm cinnamon roll icing on the side. No raisins. They are a pretty good size or large, depending on your definition. I believe they are still just $2.99.

For me it's worth the breakfast ADR for a Sticky Mickey and a cup of coffee (which costs more than the Sticky Mickey) but I cannot speak for others.:mickey:

BronxTigger
08-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Sticky Mickeys are FUN as well as good. It's a cinnamon roll baked to order (which takes a little longer) in a round metal baking cup that makes them rise up in the shape of a Mickey! They give you a container of butter and a container of warm cinnamon roll icing on the side. No raisins. They are a pretty good size or large, depending on your definition. I believe they are still just $2.99.

For me it's worth the breakfast ADR for a Sticky Mickey and a cup of coffee (which costs more than the Sticky Mickey) but I cannot speak for others.:mickey:

Thank you. I think I will go try to make an ADR right now. I guess the picture on this (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/concorse_breakfast.asp)page at InfoCentral is the Sticky Mickey? I didn't know what is was but it seems to match your description.

Donalds Duckie
08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey, BronxTigger! Yep, that picture is a Sticky Mickey and it's SO good. Enjoy!

After reading these posts I've decided to try and have a cinnamon roll a day for my Labor Day trip. Yum yum yum.

BronxTigger
08-12-2007, 06:34 AM
After reading these posts I've decided to try and have a cinnamon roll a day for my Labor Day trip. Yum yum yum.

LOL! I'm feeling the same way about my trip next week...but then I think that maybe that might not be the best idea...I'd spend the rest of the year trying to get them off my waist! Yikes! Oh well, I'll probably still eat them. :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
08-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Woot! I was able to get an ADR for next week! Now I have 2 ADRs for my trip, and they are both at the Contemporary. Out of all of WDW, the 2 ADRs are right next to each other! LOL

Funny little story: I called Disney Dining and said I needed to make an ADR and the CM goes "ADR? What's that?"

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 11:07 AM
WooHoo! You got your Concourse Steakhouse ADR! Where is your other ADR at CR? Cali Grill?

I just made a 2nd ADR at Concourse Steakhouse this morning for lunch on 8/31 (arrival day!). I'm going to have to try and get any other ADRs I might want booked today. I'm just 19 days out.

LOL, on the "ADR". I referred to an ADR with dining today and you could hear the silence.

Have a GREAT trip!

BronxTigger
08-12-2007, 11:55 AM
WooHoo! You got your Concourse Steakhouse ADR! Where is your other ADR at CR? Cali Grill?

I just made a 2nd ADR at Concourse Steakhouse this morning for lunch on 8/31 (arrival day!). I'm going to have to try and get any other ADRs I might want booked today. I'm just 19 days out.

LOL, on the "ADR". I referred to an ADR with dining today and you could hear the silence.

Have a GREAT trip!

Yeah, the CM later asked my what my resort was and I had to stop for a second because I was going to say "CBR" but then thought maybe I better say the full name.

My other ADR is at Chef Mickey's, for 7:50am! Yikes! The Concourse one is at 10:40...the latest breakfast ADR they had. I figure I can hit up MK for amEMH, then pop over to Concourse for a "brunch" before I head to another park. Then, I'll be hungry for more than just a Sticky Mickey and I won't feel so silly for making an ADR for just a cinnamon roll!

I also have a lunch ADR for Concourse for the October trip when I'm with DH. We tried to eat at Concourse last August; we had an ADR. But, the monorail broke down and we were stuck for a long time between GF and MK and didn't make it. :(