PDA

View Full Version : For POR stayers!!

Tinkerbellpower
07-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,
This is my 1st trip without parents to disney - i'm going with my boyfriend. I have been trying to plan this holiday perfectly and after a long decision we chose POR. This is the only moderate resort i havn't stayed at so i though good choice. Now rooms to us are important although many people disagree cause i guess your not really in the for that long but hey. My question is basically what mansion section is the nicest? I want to stay in one of the mansions becuase they look so pretty but have read alot of unhappy reviews about them. I wondered what section is best,prettiest,nicest rooms people have stayed in etc... (don't really mind about location to main bit). So yeah any input would be muchos appreciated !!
xx:cool:

maryt01
07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
both sections are great. i prefer alligator bayou. but, i did find the mansions more convienient to boats and lobby. alligator bayou is quaint. nice resort no matter where you stay. enjoy!:thumbsup:

glar42
07-23-2007, 12:22 PM
We absolutely love POR. We've stayed there three times with our kids. We also like the Mansion houses. We have always requested Bldg 85 because of the proximity to everything. There is a quiet pool & laundry and the kids can walk over a small bridge to the main pool. The food court is a close walk so in the mornings we would let the kids sleep :cloud9: and go for a quick bite. Most times we used the bus stop to the rear of the building. There weren't many crowds and the wait was usually minimal.

Have a great trip!! :mickey:

nadisnut
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
We LOVE POR, I would stay there every trip, but my DH and DD like to try the other resorts as well. I love staying in the Mansions, my suggestion would be the Magnolia Bend, request one surrounding the Gazebo. Did you know you can take a romantic carriage ride at POR? We are going to do one for our May 2008 trip! Have FUN!!

:thumbsup:

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 09:44 AM
I was greatly impressed with the landscaping and the buildings at Alligator Bayou. With all the lush vegetation and paths it was a great shady and cool place to stroll. It is one of our favorites. We simply love this resort.

IloveJack
07-27-2007, 01:38 PM
We just got back from POR and we stayed in both building 80 (Acadian mansion) and 16 (alligator bayou). I have to say, I really like the a.b. rooms much more than the mansions. The theming of the rooms is much more to my liking (woodsy vs. a normal hotel room). And in building 16, we were closer to the main house/bus stop than we'd been in building 85. It may not look that way on the map, but by cutting across a parking lot, it was a 2 min. walk to the stop, vs. a 5 min. from our "mansion".
I guess the big decision maker is how much time you plan to spend at the resort and if you'd rather have a log cabin feel or a mansion feel to your room.

jenfriend
07-29-2007, 01:05 PM
We loved our stay at Port-Riv. We stayed in one of the mansions. It was a walk to the bus stop & main area, but ok. We loved the landscaping and theme. The main pool area is really pretty and lush. The smaller pool areas are also nice. We're going back and will stay in the Bayou area just to try it.

Beast_fanatic
07-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I second the suggestion of Magnolia Bend.