PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Question

Jeri Lynn
07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
We will be at the Beach Club in November. I would like to take a taxi from the BC to the Wilderness Lodge for our dinner reservations.

My question is, do the bell services people outside the BC get the taxi's for you, and if so, do you tip them?

I've seen taxi's outside there before but was not sure if those are taxi's that have been called for.

TheRustyScupper
07-23-2007, 11:33 AM
1) Taxis can be ordered through
. . . bell services
. . . concierge desk
. . . front desk
2) You don't tip for getting the cab.
3) But, please remember to tip the cabbie.

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
We always tip a dollar or two when one of the CM's calls a cab for us. I think this is standard practice.

The cabs have always been plentiful, regardless of which hotel we are staying at (from value to deluxe). It is a painless and efficient way to get around for reservations! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
07-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Very often - but not always - there will be a few cabs lined up outside of the BC. Just walk outside - there's a small podium to your right as you walk out the front door - and ask whoever's there to get you a cab.

It's painless. Takes no more than 5 minutes at most (if a cab isn't already there).

You do not need to tip the CM who calls the cab for you. It's pretty standard practice.