PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian "Disneys Pirate Adventure"

PeterPanFan
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Has anyone ever done The Pirate Adventue at the Grand Floridian?

Did the kids enjoy it?

Help

TammiMcMan
07-23-2007, 08:23 AM
I've heard first hand reports from a few friends that their kids really had a good time. Considering this event frequently sells out right away, I'd say that it's definitely very popular with a lot of people.

whitesoxfan
07-23-2007, 09:42 AM
My six year old daughter did the pirate adventure in December 06'. I was expecting her to be extremely excited upon her return...that was not the case. She said it was fun but thought she would get to search for "buried treasure"- that did not happen. There are lots of arrrr's as the kids depart but all in all I was a little disappointed. Just my take, however!

Lori0963
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
My DD (8) did the Pirate Adventure at GF in '05 and LOVED it. That is all she talked about and the Neverland Club a Poly. She said they got a map and searched for treasure and she found the treasure box. Each child received a Pirate/Mickey ears and a bag of treasure. My DD now 10 ask to do it again in Sept.

Christine
07-23-2007, 12:22 PM
My DD did this when she was about 5 or 6. She LOVED it! They did search for buried treasure on the Poly and GF beaches.

Her only complaint was that it was not long enough! :thumbsup:

c&d
07-24-2007, 12:50 PM
My son did it twice and he loved it both times. I thought after having done it once he wouldn't be interested but when I asked if he'd like to do it again he jumped at the opportunity. That gave DH and I time to rent a water mouse and tool around the lagoon.

KylesMom
07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
DS participated in the Pirate Cruise at GF at ages 6 & 7 and the BC/YC Cruise at age 8.

He really enjoyed himself all three times - although this year (at age 9) he was more interested in picking a park for a morning than going on the cruise-so we bypassed it. Each time he went they searched for treasure at different locations - resorts around Bay Lake were the targets on the GF adventure, while Epcot resorts & World Showcase were featured at the YC/BC.

It was also nice for DS to be able to play with other kids for awhile. I'd highly recommend! :mickey: