PDA

View Full Version : The Living Sea's? Or the Sea's with Nemo and Friends?

Jakk
07-23-2007, 02:45 AM
As you may know the Living Sea's pavillion was transformed into the Sea's with Nemo and Friends pavillion. So compared to the Living Sea's and the Sea's with Nemo and Friends which pavillion do you prefer? Personally 0I love the tranformation to Nemo! Before in the Living Sea's very few people where there, and I mean VERY. When they took out the Sea cabs and the movie it was basically just another aquarium.

But now the pavillion has hundreds of people there. The pavillion is always full and is preatty eductaional to. It has two wonderful attractions in Sea's with Nemo and friends, and Turtle Talk with Crush. So in your opinion which pavillion did you like more?

Strmchsr
07-23-2007, 08:30 AM
It honestly depends upon which Living Seas you're referring to. If you mean the shell of a pavilion it had become in recent years, the new Nemo theming is WAY better. A huge upgrade hands down. However, if you mean the Living Seas as it was in the 80s when it first opened, I loved Sea Base Alpha, the diving demonstrations, the sea cabs, and everything else. Like everything else in Epcot, I preferred it when the focus was on education and dreaming of what life could be as opposed to just rides like what most of Epcot has become.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Like everything else in Epcot, I preferred it when the focus was on education and dreaming of what life could be as opposed to just rides like what most of Epcot has become.Great answer.

Lizzie
07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I only started going to DW in the last 6 years or so. So I love the new themed version of it. And what they did to the outside of it.

RocknRoller94
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I liked it better when it had the ride and Sea Base Alpha. Nemo is better than what they had later on, though.

DDuck66
07-24-2007, 03:10 PM
While I certainly agree that the Nemo and Friends upgrade is a vast improvement, I still fondly remember some of the trips to Seabase Alpha. I think that the current leadership of Disney has forgotten that learning can be fun without being washed down to the level of a 2 year old.

Jakk
07-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Well it's not like the WHOLE pavillion is not Educatonal because there are parts where you learn quite a bit. But even when they had the sea cabs and the movie I remeber as a kid that I always asked my parents to skip it because it was SOOOO boring (at least to me it was). But now it seems there's new life to a pavillion that was basically dead.

Buzz_Burbank
07-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Long live the hydrolators and the "The Seas" movie!!! I don't dislike the current Nemo theme but I do prefer the original Sea Base Alpha iteration of the pavilion. It more closely followed EPCOT's original educational theme. It is nice to see that the line for Turtle Talk that used to block the center of the main floor has been replaced with a much improved non-line waiting area. BTW, has anybody else noticed how the number of fish in the main aquarium has been grealty reduced over the last several years? Also, a lot of the remaining fish seem to have suffered from some kind of skin rot. Does anybody here know what happened to the fish?

Becky'sMom
07-25-2007, 08:00 AM
I just got back and have to say Nemo without question....mostly because it was one of the highlights of my dd4's trip. After trying 3 times, Crush finally picked on her to ask a question. She asked what his favorite Wish was, he answered "clown fish" (thinking she said Fish) and then asked her what her favorite Fish was....with Wishes on her mind, she answered Tinker Bell and then elaborated that Tinker Bell would fly out of the castle window and then drive her rocket ship into outerspace. The conversation went back and forth with the audeince in stitches and then Crush finally moved on to another child. At the end of the talk time, Crush, as always, encouraged the children to use the word DUDE for the rest of the day to make their parents happy and then informed everyone that if Tinker Bell was missing during the fireworks, not to worry, she was just taking her rocket ship into outerspace.
Becky talked about this non-stop for days!
Lauren

animalkingdomguy
07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm a professional biologist and I avoided the old living seas. It didn't have the pop need to hold everyones interest. I like science and I love aquariums, but this one just lacked something. Disney has once again succeeded in fixing a broken attraction with quality edu-tainment.

offero
07-25-2007, 08:16 AM
It honestly depends upon which Living Seas you're referring to. If you mean the shell of a pavilion it had become in recent years, the new Nemo theming is WAY better. A huge upgrade hands down. However, if you mean the Living Seas as it was in the 80s when it first opened, I loved Sea Base Alpha, the diving demonstrations, the sea cabs, and everything else. Like everything else in Epcot, I preferred it when the focus was on education and dreaming of what life could be as opposed to just rides like what most of Epcot has become.

I'm a professional biologist and I avoided the old living seas. It didn't have the pop need to hold everyones interest. I like science and I love aquariums, but this one just lacked something. Disney has once again succeeded in fixing a broken attraction with quality edu-tainment.

I don't think I could have said it better than you two.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Old School Living Seas...without a doubt.

However...now, I am a mommy and we both love Nemo and whenever we go to Disney, that is the first thing that she asks about when we get there... So I know she loves it. They have definitely made EPCOT much more kid friendly than the days when I was in school and we went on school trips.

mook3y
07-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Since my first visit to WDW was only 3 years ago and can't compare it to the original.

I loved the new theming! Probably had something to do with my children's reaction to it! :D