PDA

View Full Version : Rock of Love VH1 Oh, man!

murphy1
07-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I couldn't sleep last night, so here's this show at 2:30 am with Bret Michaels now lookin' for love or whatever you call it! I loved Poison, I will admit, but he was just a little scary!There was of course the drunk trashed girl who was all the drama and he let stay for ratings. It was comical.

Christine
07-22-2007, 08:29 PM
I got hooked into both that show plus "Scott Baio is 45 and Single" last Sunday :rolleyes:

I don't know what's wrong with me :blush: .

GreenBeetle
07-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I found myself watching Rock of Love thinking how horrible the show was - but I couldn't turn it off. It amazes me how low some people will sink just to be on TV. Some (actually most) of those girls made complete idiots of themselves just to paw at Bret Michaels - and he was no better. But again, I couldn't turn it off - like watching a train wreck!

I told myself not to watch Scott Baio too. He's the last teen idol from my childhood that hasn't ended up in jail, rehab, or broke living on the streets. I wanted to remember him the way he was when I was 12. But I watched, and couldn't turn that one off either.

Whatever is wrong you girls, must be wrong with me too. :D

Melanie
07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I haven't watched Rock of Love (and won't), but did catch some of Scott Baio's show the other day. Yikes, that was scary! He acts like he's still in his early 20s - grow up Scott! And what's with this friend, the one who was mean to Joanie?!?!? :nono:

MScholl13
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I've watched this the last two weeks and I admit it....I'm hooked! :blush:

This is probably one of the trashiest shows on TV right now, but for some reason I can't help but watch. Perhaps it's because it's so amusing to see what idiots these women make of themselves.

Is it just me or does Bret Michaels look like some crazy hobo off the street? I can't imagine even wanting to end up the winner of the show!

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I've watched this the last two weeks and I admit it....I'm hooked! :blush:

This is probably one of the trashiest shows on TV right now, but for some reason I can't help but watch. Perhaps it's because it's so amusing to see what idiots these women make of themselves.

Is it just me or does Bret Michaels look like some crazy hobo off the street? I can't imagine even wanting to end up the winner of the show!

I think GreenBeetle summed it up perfectly...it's like a train wreck that you just have to watch! :blush: Don't be too hard on yourself for watching.
Everyone has their guilty pleasures I guess...and hey, there are worse things we could be out doing than watching this show!! (of course, there are many BETTER things we could be doing than watching this show!) :D

murphy1
07-23-2007, 08:36 PM
You guys are too funny!! I agree with Christine, don't feel guilty about watching. I couldn't stop watching after I found it that night! If I'm surfing again and find it, I'll probably watch again.I didn't know he was diabetic. I haven't seen the Scott Baio thing, but his friend should be slapped for being mean to Joanie. Fonzie will beat him up!

Christine
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
See, the Scott Baio thing didn't hold my attention well...I was in and out of the room.

What did his friend do to Joanie??

PrincessCandaceMarie
07-24-2007, 05:04 PM
OMG me too, add me to this! I'm ashamed!! LOL but still, OMG when the girl told SB she had her first aids test because of him OMG! And BM come on, wasn't he just happily married like a year or two ago?? I swear I saw him with a wife and baby girl on MTV or VH1??

:confused::sick:

GreenBeetle
07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
And BM come on, wasn't he just happily married like a year or two ago?? I swear I saw him with a wife and baby girl on MTV or VH1??

:confused::sick:

Yup, he mentioned on the first show that he had 2 daughters. God, he acts like he's so hard up to find his true love - :ack::ack::ack:

I continued watching Scott Baio this week too. I loved him so much as a kid, I just can't dislike him now for being so nasty about relationships and marriage. He's still very likable despite his attitude. Makes for good TV, I guess. ;)

That friend of his tags along after him like a lost puppy. First he was mean to Joanie, then this week he was begging (really begging) Scott to help him get girls in Palm Springs. He reminds me so much of that dorky guy who falls off the bridge in Saturday Night Fever. Always tagging along with the cool leader of the pack, Tony (John Travolta) just to look like a big shot himself. It's just plain weird at their age.

Momof2boys
07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I set the Tivo for Rock of Love - another of my guilty pleasures. I've been a fan of Bret Michaels since middle school. Last week Friday (the 20th), I took Matt (DS9) to see Poison at our County Fair with some friends & their 2 kids. The boys loved the show. Bret said at the end that they had been taping for Rock of Love at the show. I tried looking to see if I could see any of the girls from the show but no luck.

GreenBeetle
08-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I missed the show last week. I noticed last night that Rodeo was gone. Can someone tell what happened to her? When did she get the axe?? The first few episodes seemed like maybe she and Brett would find "true love". :drama:

Momof2boys
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Rodeo went thru a melt down last week - turns out she has a son who she missed terribly so Bret let her go to be with him.

GreenBeetle
08-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Oh, that's it? It wasn't some vicious back-stabbing cat fight? I'm surprised she gave up so easily and left - she acted like she would take anyone down who got in her way.

(I'm still embarassed to admit I actually watch this stuff :blush: - see what summer re-runs will make a person do!)

Melanie
08-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Always tagging along with the cool leader of the pack, Tony (John Travolta) just to look like a big shot himself. It's just plain weird at their age.

You said it! :yes:

GreenBeetle
08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Anyone surprised by that ending on Scott Baio's show on Sunday??

RenDuran
08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
I haven't been keeping up with Scott Baio, but I was extremely unhappy that Bret Michaels kept Casey this week....what is up with him?!

I love these reality shows. I have to have a weekly dose of "garbage" TV. Used to be I had to watch Jerry Springer to get a cheap thrill, but now most channels have some sort of reality stuff!

murphy1
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I saw this show again over the weekend, one girl getting sick from drinking and another passing out and another one starts pigging out on everyone else's food after they left the table and takes it back to her hotel room. And I had to crack up when he was at his concert in Vegas performing and these girls are all dancing around him.

GreenBeetle
09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I watched this weekend too - had to catch up on last Sunday's episode before last night's. Just when I think those girls can't stoop any lower, they surprise me. The only one with any sense at all is Jes. I like her and really hope she wins. But I feel Brett is leaning toward Heather. Nothing like tattooing yourself to score points!

DisneyCouture
09-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I think that show is so ADDICTING. It is a train wreck that you can't help but catch yourself watching. I hope Jes wins. She seems to be the most down to earth one of the bunch who isn't a crazy alcoholic drama queen. :thumbsup:

murphy1
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't know if could say she'd "win" LOL

GreenBeetle
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't know if could say she'd "win" LOL

I actually thought the same thing after I used the word "win". Do we really want Jes, who seems to be the only one with her head on straight, to end up in that lifestyle? She's awfully young for Bret. But I guess she knew what she signed on for before the showed began. He seems fascinated by the other two, so my guess is that one of them will take the "prize". :D

Pipalotta
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Team Lacy!!!

MScholl13
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Although Jes is my favorite I don't want her to win. Honestly? She deserves better than Bret Michaels and the life she will end up having with him. Lacey or Heather are the ones who truly need to end up with him. They're obviously already messed up as it is.

For Jes's sake I hope she doesn't win!

PirateLover
09-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Although Jes is my favorite I don't want her to win. Honestly? She deserves better than Bret Michaels and the life she will end up having with him. Lacey or Heather are the ones who truly need to end up with him. They're obviously already messed up as it is.

For Jes's sake I hope she doesn't win!
Melissa I was just about to post the same thing. I haven't watched every episode but from what I saw Lacey is absolutely insane. If Bret has kept her around this long and really feels something for her than you know what? He deserves to have her, lol. And Heather? She tattooed his name on her neck! Jes is the only one who makes sense in that house, so he won't pic her...

Momof2boys
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I actually clapped when Lacey was sent packing. I truly think she was NUTS-O !

I'm guessing Bret will choose Heather -

Christine
09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Ding, dong the witch is gone! I too was overjoyed when Lacy got the boot. I'm surprised, though...she didn't react like I thought she would.

Having the parents there was a real trip! Lacy's dad sealed her fate, I think!

GreenBeetle
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Ding, dong the witch is gone! I too was overjoyed when Lacy got the boot. I'm surprised, though...she didn't react like I thought she would.

Having the parents there was a real trip! Lacy's dad sealed her fate, I think!

You said it!! The apple did not fall far from THAT tree!!

Yippee the crazy lady is gone! :yay:

SBETigg
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
This show is such a guilty pleasure. I was hooked from the beginning when they had to use subtitles on the drunk one (Pam?). SO funny.

I definitely agree that Jes seems too good for him. She is my favorite, but I want her to lose for her own good. Heather can have him for a wild three week affair before he sends her back to the pole and sets out for Rock of Love II.

Okay, and has anyone seen the Pick-Up Artist? What a joke? Who is that bozo picking up? On what planet is an eyelinered girlyman wearing a big black fur hat straight out of Dr. Seuss an expert in picking up women? He calls himself Mystery and I definitely think it is a mystery that he's there. Yuck!

TikiGoddess
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Alright, count me in... I got hooked on the Rock of Love show too. I saw about 15 min of one episode and then saw most of the Las Vegas one last night (turned it off when hubby came upstairs -- I couldn't bear to have him see me watching it!!). At the end when Bret was talking to the girl he kicked off was a total Talk Soup moment --

Bret: "You know, last night when I was holding your head while you were puking, you looked up at me and said, "I love you Bret, I really want to make this work"...:sick:

How romantic!

And Lacy. The producers must have LOVED her. I bet they kept her on for ratings and had Bret kick her out right before the end.

Gotta run, it's almost time for my other favorite indulgence --- America's Next Top Model starts tonight! :D

TikiG

GreenBeetle
09-20-2007, 09:36 AM
. . . Bret: "You know, last night when I was holding your head while you were puking, you looked up at me and said, "I love you Bret, I really want to make this work"...:sick:

How romantic!
TikiG

Yup, nothing says "I love you" like drinking till you :sick:! Especially through your napkin at the dinner table! Absolutely touching. :crying:

Oh, I'm gonna miss that show after the finale. ;)

RenDuran
09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh, I'm gonna miss that show after the finale. ;)

So will I. But the great thing about it is, another one will take it's place. In fact, there were two Flavor of Love's. Maybe Brett will be back looking for "love" soon!

nicole48040
09-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I want Jess to win....but I don't. I mean she is definately the best girl and by far the cutest, but wanting her to win means condemming that poor girl to kissing that mass of eyeliner, booze, and seriously BAD/SAD rock hair again :ack: He REALLY needs a makeover and a fix it job to the bad plastic surgery he had done. Why can't these aging Rockers keep rocking but get some haircuts and pants NOT made of spandex??:D In the end, I am sure he'll pick the fake bake stripper trash and they'll have a great couple of nights together, having only the STDs they gave eachother to remember one another by.:D

Momof2boys
09-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Especially through your napkin at the dinner table! Absolutely touching. :crying:

OMG that was so nasty ! Almost made me gag. Poor Brandi, she didn't have a chance after that ~

ncscgirl2005
09-24-2007, 03:36 PM
This show is such a guilty pleasure. I was hooked from the beginning when they had to use subtitles on the drunk one (Pam?). SO funny.

LOL! "Don't threaten me with a good time!"

ncscgirl2005
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
If we had to pick an "obvious" winner, I would have to say it is Jess. But I DO NOT want her to win. She's way too good for him. Heather would be a great choice. That is if he can get her off the pole and onto his pole. He's going through those pole emoticons.

SBETigg
09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Pole emotions- hahaha! But seriously, I have a terrible feeling Brett won't pick anyone and will leave us hanging on for Rock II.

JohnHMCWYG
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
So will I. But the great thing about it is, another one will take it's place. In fact, there were two Flavor of Love's. Maybe Brett will be back looking for "love" soon!

Perhaps, but in the meantime, October 8th will see the return of "I Love New York". I really enjoyed that show the first time, and I eagerly anticipate the sequel.

"Flavor Of Love 3" should be exciting. I've seen the "FOL 3: You Cast It" special, and I wonder if any of those women will end up on the show. The comments from previous FOL participants Buckwild, Hottie, Goldie and Saaphyri were hilarious as well

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

ncscgirl2005
09-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Perhaps, but in the meantime, October 8th will see the return of "I Love New York". I really enjoyed that show the first time, and I eagerly anticipate the sequel.

"Flavor Of Love 3" should be exciting. I've seen the "FOL 3: You Cast It" special, and I wonder if any of those women will end up on the show. The comments from previous FOL participants Buckwild, Hottie, Goldie and Saaphyri were hilarious as well

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Man...I thought I was the only one that enjoyed FOL and ILNY!!!! Can't wait for the madness to begin! Buckwild is a straight up fool and Hottie is...well...she's Hottie! 'Nuff said! Im going to miss those girls.

GreenBeetle
09-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Does anyone else find it strange that these celebrities looking for love don't find it season after season? And we all keep watching season after season. What is wrong with us? :blush:

JohnHMCWYG
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Man...I thought I was the only one that enjoyed FOL and ILNY!!!! Can't wait for the madness to begin! Buckwild is a straight up fool and Hottie is...well...she's Hottie! 'Nuff said! Im going to miss those girls.

I'm sure that they'll still be around in one form or another, even if it's just reruns.

Anyway, VH1 is really the only basic cable channel I watch. I watch several other channels for certain shows (Comedy Central for "South Park", USA for their "Law And Order" programs), but VH1 is the only one that I can watch for hours at a time.

I'm hoping that there will be a 6th season of "Celebrity Fit Club" as well. That's another great show. I only hope that all the celebrities will all be nice this time out. Dustin Diamond was a real jerk this past season...Then again, jerks are what make these shows enjoyable.

Oh, and on a different tack, I saw FOL alumni Pumkin on an episode of "Christina's Court" today. She was suing a club promoter for not paying her money for an appearance. It was good to see her again. She was a riot on "Charm School", especially in her final episode, where she failed to find the Urban Renassaince Man. That was great stuff.

I have a lot of stuff going on in my life. Celebreality helps me unwind.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

murphy1
09-25-2007, 09:35 AM
You mean ILNY....and her mom!

Does anyone think Jess looks like Julia Roberts? I think she is so pretty, even with pink hair.

GreenBeetle
09-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Does anyone think Jess looks like Julia Roberts? I think she is so pretty, even with pink hair.

Yes, I think Jes is beautiful. And she's the only real, down-to-Earth girl in the bunch. Which is exactly why we are all questioning whether she would actually "win" if Brett chooses her. She's so young (23, I think), but seems to be the only one with her head screwed on tight.

Amazing how invested we all are in this ridiculous show! :blush:

ncscgirl2005
09-25-2007, 02:01 PM
You mean ILNY....and her mom!

Yes...she is very pretty! I love the pink hair. She reminds me so much of my sister. I love Jess. I hope she realizes she can do so much better than Bret.

ncscgirl2005
09-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Anyway, VH1 is really the only basic cable channel I watch. I watch several other channels for certain shows (Comedy Central for "South Park", USA for their "Law And Order" programs), but VH1 is the only one that I can watch for hours at a time.

I'm hoping that there will be a 6th season of "Celebrity Fit Club" as well. That's another great show. I only hope that all the celebrities will all be nice this time out. Dustin Diamond was a real jerk this past season...Then again, jerks are what make these shows enjoyable.

Oh, and on a different tack, I saw FOL alumni Pumkin on an episode of "Christina's Court" today. She was suing a club promoter for not paying her money for an appearance. It was good to see her again. She was a riot on "Charm School", especially in her final episode, where she failed to find the Urban Renassaince Man. That was great stuff.

I have a lot of stuff going on in my life. Celebreality helps me unwind.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Gosh...I am the same way. I watch just about every VH1 show. The only other stations I watch are MTV (for The Hills-my other guilty viewing pleasue as a grown woman with kids), ABC (for Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy), and I will be watching CBS this fall for their new drama Cane.

I have watched every season of Celebrity Fit Club and I HATED the last season with Dusin Diamond. Yuck...He was such a Loser! Eww...nobody ever needs to give that loser anymore air time.

Pumpkin....(sigh)....this girl has some issues with understanding. The way she went off on Leilene was unbelievable!!!! I can't believe that she thought she was being a lady while trying to find the Renassaince man!!! WTH! Did I miss something there? But she is very funny no doubt!

Can't wait for the madness. NY and her Mom, Sister Patterson have had some major work done to their mugs!!!!

RenDuran
10-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Jes "won" last night! I loved how Heather stormed out of the house when her tour ended!I've had mixed emotions about her this season, but last night she seemed more fake than usual.

I wish Bret and Jes lots of luck! I'm really looking forward to the reunion show now!

tinkerbell04
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm really looking forward to the reunion show now!

Me too!

I was sure that he was going to pick Heather, right up until the "Can you both be my girlfriend" question. You know deep down if they both would have said yes, he would have been :cloud9:

SBETigg
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Heather was a hoot! Do you really think she is that over the top or was it just for the show? The storming off mad was the best. I was glad he picked Jes, but not glad he picked Jes. Did she really want to win or win him?

Post-finale, I went to VH1 and read an interview with Jes. She hasn't been allowed to see Bret for the six months after the show and she has heard from him once. She seemed pretty level-headed and not that into him, as if she understood the whole time that everything was just for show. And now they are casting for Rock of Love II. Jes says she is now good friends with Brandy and Heather, which did surprise me a little considering all the stripper comments.

ncscgirl2005
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I didn't see the entire episode; only the ending when Heather was in the car. Sooo funny. But I was sad that Jess was picked. She's way too classy for Brett. Maybe Jess' tears were tears of sorrow. She didn't really want to be picked.

ncscgirl2005
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm really looking forward to the reunion show now!

Yes I am too. I love the reunion shows. I hope they have Rodeo and the drunk chick from the beginning of the show. Miss "Don't Threaten me with a Good Time!"

Christine
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I LOVED the ending! Heather was hilarious!

...read an interview with Jes. She hasn't been allowed to see Bret for the six months after the show and she has heard from him once.

I dont' understand this???:confused:

SBETigg
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I dont' understand this???:confused:

Apparently, they all signed clauses that once the filming wrapped, no one would be seen with Bret for six months so that no one would know who won. They give the impression that winning the show means embarking on a relationship with Bret, but that can't even happen until the show is aired. So now six months later, are Jes and Bret going to start dating? Doesn't sound like it, since she has heard from him once in the six month separation period. It's not a scenario that is even conducive to starting a relationship. Basically, it's all for the cameras. What exactly did Jes win? Bragging rights? The rock of love necklace?

And then there's extra footage of Bret saying he really wants to get in touch with Heather, and that he was really serious about wanting both of them. And an interview with Lacey in which she implies that she and Bret have become good friends and talk all the time. The reunion show should be interesting.

Christine
10-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Apparently, they all signed clauses that once the filming wrapped, no one would be seen with Bret for six months so that no one would know who won. They give the impression that winning the show means embarking on a relationship with Bret, but that can't even happen until the show is aired. So now six months later, are Jes and Bret going to start dating? Doesn't sound like it, since she has heard from him once in the six month separation period. It's not a scenario that is even conducive to starting a relationship. Basically, it's all for the cameras. What exactly did Jes win? Bragging rights? The rock of love necklace?

And then there's extra footage of Bret saying he really wants to get in touch with Heather, and that he was really serious about wanting both of them. And an interview with Lacey in which she implies that she and Bret have become good friends and talk all the time. The reunion show should be interesting.

Oh, I get it now, thanks!

GreenBeetle
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM

I was cheering when he kicked Ms. Stripper to the curb. But not seeing each other for 6 months?? That's just weird! You know what Bret has been doing for the past 6 months . . . he's not waiting around for those shows to air! A relationship is doomed before it ever starts.

Although I'm looking forward to the reunion show, I'm not looking forward to listening to all those drunken, whiny losers again - especially Lacey. Can't stand to see that :thedolls: again!

murphy1
10-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I totally missed all this! He is doing this for his new album the same way CC Deville was on that other show they had.

Momof2boys
10-02-2007, 03:36 PM
So is Rock of Love II with Bret or another rocker guy ? ? ?

SBETigg
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Rock of Love II is also with Bret, I think. But it would be more interesting to bring in another aging rocker, wouldn't it?

Shari, when the show started, I thought it would be weird if he picked Jes because she had the CC Deville hair going on. :blush:

murphy1
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
:D Sherri!!!

Maybe they could bring Axel Rose on! Yah!!!

Melanie
10-03-2007, 06:39 AM
I guess he's not courting this chick too hard. He's over in the Middle East entertaining the troops right now. My hubby met him yesterday. :D

ChipnDaleGal
10-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I guess he's not courting this chick too hard. He's over in the Middle East entertaining the troops right now. My hubby met him yesterday. :D

No way, Mel!!! Did James like him? I wonder if he looks as "rough" in person as he has on the show? All his partying really shows on his face.

GreenBeetle
10-03-2007, 08:07 AM

That's what cracks me up about this whole thing - during the show he must have said "I'm looking for my one, true love" a million times! Yeah, right! :D

Melanie
10-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Did James like him? I wonder if he looks as "rough" in person as he has on the show? All his partying really shows on his face.

Why yes, he was deemed "cool". :cool:

I tried to post a pic, but couldn't get it to work for some reason. :badpc:

ChipnDaleGal
10-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Well I am glad that James liked him. What an odd combo he has met up with lately... Chuck Norris and Bret Michaels!! :D

RenDuran
10-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I wonder if he looks as "rough" in person as he has on the show? All his partying really shows on his face.

And with his diabetes being so severe, why does he do that stuff to himself? He kept talking about how his partying was affecting his diabetes and yet he doesn't seem like he's going to change anytime soon.

SBETigg
10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
And with his diabetes being so severe, why does he do that stuff to himself? He kept talking about how his partying was affecting his diabetes and yet he doesn't seem like he's going to change anytime soon.

Seriously! The heavy drinking will send a diabetic to an early grave. He's in his forties. It is time he took his health more seriously. More seriously than his search for true love.;)

Momof2boys
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
My 9 year old sent Bret a letter because he thought it was cool that Bret was diabetic like he was. It's the only "famous" person that he knows of who has diabetes. We saw Poison in concert back in July and that's when Matt found out about it. No reply back yet.

SBETigg
10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
My 9 year old sent Bret a letter because he thought it was cool that Bret was diabetic like he was. It's the only "famous" person that he knows of who has diabetes. We saw Poison in concert back in July and that's when Matt found out about it. No reply back yet.

Oh, that is so nice for your son. I hope he gets a reply.

TikiGoddess
10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I read in the Hartford Courant that Jes is dating someone else -- so much for true love!

TikiG

JohnHMCWYG
10-09-2007, 05:12 PM
It isn't over yet, my friends. I visited VH1's website, as I so often do, and I found out that we can look forward to "Rock Of Love 2". Bret will be back and one can only wonder if a true connection can be made this time.

It's difficult to say, though...After all, "I Love New York 2" premiered last night and next year will see the debut of "Flavor Of Love 3".

If anything, I'd like to see an ROL spin-off with Heather. I liked her for some reason...She was a jerk at times, but she was devoted to her cause. I can relate to that.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

RenDuran
10-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure Heather would make a good show candidate, because she wasn't over-the-top enough. I did feel sorry for Heather, though, on the last show. When Bret told her her tour was over, she was genuinely hurt, unlike so many of those women. It was a great season of trash TV! Who needs Jerry Springer when you have VH-1?!

TikiGoddess
10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Just saw an ad for a new one...

"A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila,": like "The Bachelorette" with a spicy twist. Since the former Playboy model is bisexual, she's looking for love from a pool of 16 guys—and 16 girls. Will she discover true happiness, or at the very least another 15 more minutes of fame?

Oh. My. God. To be honest, I can't say I'll be watching this one.

TikiG

RenDuran
10-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Wow.....16 guys and girls....now that's definitely trashy TV. I'll be interested to see how that one turns out!

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Just saw an ad for a new one...

"A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila,": like "The Bachelorette" with a spicy twist. Since the former Playboy model is bisexual, she's looking for love from a pool of 16 guys—and 16 girls. Will she discover true happiness, or at the very least another 15 more minutes of fame?

Oh. My. God. To be honest, I can't say I'll be watching this one.

TikiG

Count me out too. I can't even make myself find out what time this one comes on. That's like Springer on steroids.

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 09:54 AM
It isn't over yet, my friends. I visited VH1's website, as I so often do, and I found out that we can look forward to "Rock Of Love 2". Bret will be back and one can only wonder if a true connection can be made this time.

It's difficult to say, though...After all, "I Love New York 2" premiered last night and next year will see the debut of "Flavor Of Love 3".

If anything, I'd like to see an ROL spin-off with Heather. I liked her for some reason...She was a jerk at times, but she was devoted to her cause. I can relate to that.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

If ROL continues to follow the same format as FOL and ILNY, then in ROL 2 (if Bret will be on there) Heather will come back mid-season. In FOL 2, New York was invited to come back to the show. In ILNY 2 (this season), Chance will be asked to come back. So the pattern is that the people that did not "win" (aka: runner ups) will return on the next the season as a "special guest" to help the "Love Seeker" (Flav, Bret, or NY) scope out the "contestants" but they end up staying because the Love Seeker realizes they made a mistake the first time around. So Heather does have a good shot at coming back. And if she acts up enough this time around (like NY did in FOL 2) she will get her own spin off show (Stripper of Love perhaps). That's just IMO, having seen all episodes of Surreal Life (with Flav), Strange Love, FOL 1 & 2, and ILNY 1 & currently watching ILNY 2.

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
And if she acts up enough this time around (like NY did in FOL 2) she will get her own spin off show (Stripper of Love perhaps).

Okay Okay...I was joking about the show name. I know she quit stripping. Heather was one of my favs.

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Wow.....16 guys and girls....now that's definitely trashy TV. I'll be interested to see how that one turns out!

So do that mean you'll be watching? :secret:

SBETigg
10-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't know. I think it would be more interesting to bring back Lacey, but Heather was definitely the best match for Bret. And did she quit stripping? Her Myspace page has all kinds of appearances and shows listed. Or maybe she's just appearing and not taking any thing off now. It would bring up interesting issues if she ended up with Bret and didn't quit-- there's a show.

Oh, or if Bret and Heather get together in ROL II and end up in ROL III looking for the girl to round out their dream threesome. "Would you stay with us and rock our world?" hahaha.

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't know. I think it would be more interesting to bring back Lacey, but Heather was definitely the best match for Bret. And did she quit stripping? Her Myspace page has all kinds of appearances and shows listed. Or maybe she's just appearing and not taking any thing off now. It would bring up interesting issues if she ended up with Bret and didn't quit-- there's a show.

Yes Lacey would be a much better candidate for the new show but I was just saying how it's been in the past shows with FOL and ILNY. Somebody will be coming back but I surely hope it won't be Lacey.

Also, Heather said in a blog somewhere that she quit stripping like " 4 months ago". Those appearances may be just hanging out at clubs and things like that. That's what other contestants on those shows do too. Heather from FOL 2 and Charm School came here to our town to hang out at a club. And no I did not go to see her. :ack:

RenDuran
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh, or if Bret and Heather get together in ROL II and end up in ROL III looking for the girl to round out their dream threesome. "Would you stay with us and rock our world?" hahaha.

Yes, that would be a great show!

So do that mean you'll be watching? :secret:

Almost definitely....at least the first episode or two. Most dating shows don't impress me. I've never been able to watch the Bachelor shows.....they stink!

Figgyluv03
10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
I honestly thought after I saw the reunion that Bret and Heather would end up together. Yeah, Jes was my favorite, so I was sad to see her reaction when they reunited them. They didn't talk or see each other for six months. And VH1 wouldn't let him take her to the hotel and walk her to her room. That made me think it was all a set up and that he wasn't really looking for love. I thought he truely liked her and wanted to be with her.

GreenBeetle
10-11-2007, 01:35 PM
In all seriousness, I just don't think I could watch another show with Heather or Lacey in it. I really liked only Jes from the very beginning - she was the only one of them that didn't make my skin crawl for one reason or another. Too bad the whole thing seemed to be a scam and didn't work out . . . she's probably much better off.

TikiGoddess
10-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh no. Yesterday I was surfing the channels around lunchtime (I was home from work for the day) and came across TILA TEQUILA. And yes, I actually watched about 20 minutes of it before I fell asleep. It was the first show, she was meeting the guys and kicked 5 of them off. Then she went and met the girls -- aagh, what is tv coming to --- she actually MADE OUT with two of them!! Now I'm not usually a conservative person... and I totally support same sex relationships... but this was a little too over the top for me.

(shudder)
TikiG

Figgyluv03
10-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Getting a bunch of girls together to fight over the attention of either a man or woman is just asking for trouble. Let's face it, it brings up ratings. DBf had it on for alittle bit last night, and the girls are just so catty. But that makes for good tv and good ratings, so I'm sure they aren't complaining.

JohnHMCWYG
10-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm currently into "I Love New York 2" right now. It's really interesting so far. "It" is really out there and Midget Mac is pretty funny, although I don't know if I should be laughing at him.

I'm also enjoying "America's Most Smartest Model". It's great entertainment to see these models doing their thing, no matter how stupid they seem. It's more than likely just an act, but it's enjoyable regardless.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff