PDA

View Full Version : Canceling my trip

cherbie66
07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
I have been planning this magical trip to disney with my boyfriend of 2 years, then just last week he broke up with me out of nowhere. I got the magic your way base package and the trip is aug 27-sept 4, can I cancel this and get a refund? Is there a fee?

gueli
07-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry that this happened to you...
I do not know about the refunds- if you had trip insurance i know that is not refundable- but you can always call WDW...
Are you sure you don't want to still go ? Maybe with a friend ?
any way good luck & be strong.
here is to holding out hope :beer:
:mickey:

vamaggie
07-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Not sure about the cancellations--I think you may be able to transfer it to another time. I'm sure someone who knows will be along soon.

Just wanted to say I was sorry to hear about your situation. I truly believe things happen for a reason and I know you can be strong and make it through this tough time. Good thoughts go out to you!!

LauraF
07-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Big hugs to you. That's a pity. :sadwave:

Terms and conditions through the WDTC (website reservations) say that you can cancel, minus some fees as follows:

Vacation insurance is not refundable.
Flights are not refundable, unless you purchased a refundable fare.
If between 44 and 6 days to your reservation - fee of $100, plus the cost of any other fees that might be assessed by hotels, etc.
If less than 5 days, $200 cancellation fee.
All fess will be taken from your deposit/already paid funds. All remaining amounts paid will be refunded.

My suggestion (having gone through something similar), is find a good friend who wants to travel with you, who will help cheer you up and will let you enjoy your vacation. You deserve some happy times. Don't let HIM make you miss your vacation if you want to go.

PS: you can transfer your reservation for a $50 fee.

kathiep
07-22-2007, 01:15 PM
So sorry to hear about what happened.

I want to echo the thoughts of previous posters. Go with a girlfriend. You'll probably end up having a terrific time and forget all about him.

SBETigg
07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry about the break-up. I agree with others that it would still be fun to go with a friend, or get your refund and plan a trip for later when you can really go and enjoy without any regrets. Best wishes to you.

disneyfan1124
07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
What a sad thing to read-my heart breaks for you! Listen, Disney is a magical place and I don't think you should cancel your trip. Go with a friend or family member (you may have to pay a fee to change name on airline ticket) but I think you should go. I too believe that things happen for a reason, and maybe, just maybe you're supposed to make this trip without the boyfriend. Don't let him hurt you any more than he has now. Hang in there and know that you have support from your Intercot friends!

crazypoohbear
07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm sorry that this has happened to you, especially right before the big trip.:(
I want to echo everyone else. Bring a friend, your mom, sister someone who will go and whoop it up with you.
"Wash that man right out of your hair"

We'll be there the same time as you, So I'll keep my eyes peeled for a couple of girls having a great time!:marg::D

Donalds Duckie
07-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I, too, am so sorry that you have to go through this, I know it is difficult. Take a deep breath....now, hold on and keep looking forward.

I would also encourage you to take this trip to DisneyWorld with a friend or family member. You might even find a couple of friends/family members that want to go with you.:mickey: I know that it may not feel like something you want to do right now, but go ahead ask that friend or family member right away. Then, start making bright new trip plans with that friend/family. That will help the trip become something different, positive, and FUN!

I wish you the best and, remember, we're here for you!:mickey: Take care.

MMouse6937
07-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I definately agree that you should go. I know it's hard to think about right now, but you shouldn't miss out on this magical vacation just because of some guy. Find a family member or friend (I could become a good friend too ;) ) and go and have a good time.

I'm so sorry for your breakup, that stinks. Take care and hang in there :hug:

dumbo ears
07-22-2007, 06:34 PM
im sorry bout your boyfriend. i guess to cancel just call WDW.

conwayjohn71
07-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I say ask your Dad to go with you:mickey:

if not take a friend

go on vacation and have a good time:beer:if of age of course:marg::marg::marg::cloud9:

Donald
07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the break-up. I hope that something amazing is just around the corner for you. Good luck with your decison on the trip. It would be a shame to have to cancel, but you got to do what is right for you. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

eLPack
07-22-2007, 10:01 PM
You'd have to call to find out what the policy is in your specific case - but I would imagine that you should be able to get a refund.

I would strongly urge you to go anyway.. I go solo whenever possible - which is most of the time.. and have always and will always have the best vacations ever. You could always ask someone to join you although if you're flying that may be tricky to get the same flight..

All things happen for a reason.. as bad as they may seem.. so just try to enjoy whatever you can - things will get better.

Lizzie
07-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry about the breakup. But I agree with everyone get some more people to go with you so you can still go and than you can split up the cost of the room

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I have to argee with everyone else. Go anyway and remember, the best revenge is to be happy! I'm sorry you are going through this but you can only assume that something better is waiting to happen. I hope you go and have a wonderful trip!

PawleyPlatoon
07-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Girl!! For sure if you can't get your money back, take a parent, sibling or close friend. A trip to the most magical place on earth could do you a LOT of good! :mickey:

My prayers are with you through this difficult time. Remember, God is in control and He sees everything about you in the present as well as what lies ahead for you. I know you don't feel like it now, but as a previous poster has stated, everything happens for a reason.

You have a great and bright future. Take advantage of this time and get to know yourself better and enjoy being YOU!! You can do it!:tink:

Let us know what you decide and, hopefully, how your trip goes! Have a great time!!!:write:

cherbie66
07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Most of my friends start school again that week. I did ask one friend and she is trying to arrange it, but she doesn't know if she can. I've been looking forward to it so much, but I've been looking forward to it with HIM. I'm really upset and I just dunno what to do.

Thanks so much for all of your comforting words. It made me smile to know that you all care. :-)

Ms.Disney
07-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Wow!!! That's really sad. I know your thinking if you do go all you'll be thinking of is him because this whole thing got planed him in mind. But once you get there you will see that theres soooo much to do and see....that you'll be to busy having fun to think of him. I say take a deep breath, hold your head up high and go! Just do it! Ask someone anyone....no really ask anyone you know you can have a good time with. Friend family member co-worker. I am sure going will be taking a big step in getting over him. PM me if you need someone to talk to.:mickey:

aprilisis
07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
I feel your pain- This has happened to me TWICE! Both times, I invited a friend instead. I have gone several times by myself, too, and I love it. You will have fun despite your ex canceling. I hope you decide to go & I hope you have a wonderful time!!

pixiesmimi
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this!:( I know it hurts to think about going without him, but find a friend or even a new friend that you haven't known long but would like to get to know better or a female family member and go anyway. Have a good time dispite him and once you get to the Magic Place, you will began it perk up, I bet.:mickey: My two DDs and I have often said we would like to go just the three of us without men and have a blast!:blush: Go and make it your best trip yet! We would love to hear about your experience once you get back! I agree with the others, things happen for a reason. When one door closes, God always opens another.

Christine
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I am sorry to hear about your break up. But I hope you do go regardless. It would help cheer you up and give you some time and distance to clear your head.

Good luck to you!

Dizneyfan
07-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I am sooo sorry to hear about your breakup. :cry:The truth is that you will probably have a better time without him there. I'm sure that you will have a great time with a really close friend or family member. You have been really looking forward to this trip and I would not let this ruin it. My advice is to go with a friend or family member and enjoy yourself. You deserve the trip. My thoughts and prayers are with you.:mickey: