PDA

View Full Version : Video Taping On Plane?

jraczes
07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
On my upcoming trip to the World (35 days!)
I plan on video taping every aspect of our trip, from waking the kids up, goign to the airport, etc. My Question is,can you video tape the take off and landing while on the plane?

DisneyDoug2
07-22-2007, 10:45 AM
During take offs and landings you are not allowed to use electronic items. Camcorders would fall into this catagory. About 10 minutes after take off they would be allowed.

CleveSJM
07-22-2007, 11:13 AM
During take offs and landings you are not allowed to use electronic items. Camcorders would fall into this catagory. About 10 minutes after take off they would be allowed.

DisneyDoug2 is totally correct. Before 10,000 feet on take-off and under 10,000 feet on landing, all electronics need to be turned off. You'll hear a "ding", usually followed closely by a flight attendant annoucement.

You could always ask the attendant if it would be ok. I doubt it but maybe...

ryca1dreams
07-22-2007, 02:08 PM
The other thing you want to watch is how you video. Make sure you don't video crew procedures, don't focus on exits, plane components, etc. Things like that are noticed.

wendy*darling
07-22-2007, 05:06 PM
You could still video the kids boarding the plane, in their seats and maybe a little during flight. Perhaps one of them could give you a "review" of the take off?
And then resume once you have landed and they announce that electronics are OK again. (you'll hear all the cell phones coming on! ;))
Even without taping the actual takeoff and landing, I think you will still have plenty of your plane trip. :thumbsup:

Lizzie
07-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I think you will be fine once they allow electronics I have used my camera with no problems. But if your worried it never hurts to ask.