PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so Calm? 14 days left!

Lorraine444
07-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Good Morning,
Well I'm 14 days from leaving! I have to say that I was more excited @ the 99 day mark?
Don't get me wrong I want nothing more to be @ Disney.:minnie::mjump:
I don't have my suitcases out, not sure of the clothes I'm bringing and haven't packed my box of goodies to be shipped.
I am a planner & work well in advance always, not sure how to explain the way I feel?
Is it that I'm sooooo close to leaving?
I can't believe I'm fortunate enough for a 10 day Disney adventure! I guess maybe I'm in denial! Any thoughts????

ariel03
07-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I think that I am kinda weird. I am crazy excited right now at 50+ days but once it is the day to leave I am oddly very calm. But once I get off the plane in florida my excitement starts to rise again. :mickey:

Horizon93
07-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I think that is very normal. As I get very close, I do calm down. Maybe it is a built in Disney response to put energy in reserve for all of the magic!:mickey:

JPL
07-21-2007, 10:54 AM
For me it varies some trips I get overly excited and other times it seems like nothing at all. I think it all depends on what is going on in my life at the time. My Last trip in June I didn't get excited until I reached Pop Century. Yet I really excited for my next trip in October:confused: I had both trips planned around the same time and I think the Excitement about the Intercot Party in October over shadowed the June trip:mickey:

Mousehead35
07-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Lorraine I feel the same way.. we leave in 17 days and I still have shopping to do etc.. I have this bizarre calm so I'm just going with it for now b/c I know when we get to the world we will be far from calm. :coaster:

Donalds Duckie
07-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been that way about every single WDW trip since 2004. I get very EXCITED when I book the trip and with initial plans but once that's done I'm as calm as ever. I don't even pack early anymore. For my May trip I got my luggage out 2 weeks before but didn't pack until the night before I left. I booked a Sept. trip a couple of weeks ago but I haven't made a single ADR and no intentions to do an itinerary. I am going to call the GF tomorrow and book some spa treatments but that's it.

Lorraine444
07-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I like the reserve comment!
Maybe it's the Magical Disney reserve!
I know as soon as I get there I won't want to stop!
K, I'll go with that!
But I still need to get ready packing! Hee hee...

Dedivah
07-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Well I am the opposite! I am excited excited!! :woohoo: :minnie: :joy:

We leave in 12 days and my suitcases are out but I am not really packed yet just stuff thrown in that I don't want to forget. I am checking the mail every day for clothes that I have ordered for the trip.

I am planning Disney trips for 2008 and 2009 and I am excited about each and every one! Taking notes on restaurants and dinner shows.

I...cant...wait!! :mjump:

Roo Girl
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I totally get what you're saying. We're 15 days out now and while it is only a quick trip for a long weekend, we were more excited 60-something days out than now.

Tell me if this makes sense: did you ever almost NOT want the trip to get here because then you'd be there and even quicker it would be over with? I know it's crazy!!

Dedivah
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Tell me if this makes sense: did you ever almost NOT want the trip to get here because then you'd be there and even quicker it would be over with? I know it's crazy!!

:exactly:

I have been praying that my vacation week feels like a year instead of the blur it usually goes by in.

caryrae
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I get that excited feeling I get when a Disney trip is close just reading when people are down to 2 weeks or less til they leave and know there are in for a great time.

Lorraine444
07-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I think that's it!
I'm now kinda sad that it's only 11 days away, and the time will be here & over before I know it. Kinda like Christmas I guess....
Oh heck, I can't wait!!!!!
Will be doing the Disney Dance soon!