PDA

View Full Version : All Stars Music Grand Gathering Room ???

crazypoohbear
07-20-2007, 11:06 PM
It's getting closer to our trip and I was wondering about room location.
We are NOT preferred but would like to request to be close to the buses. We are grouped under a grand gathering. There will be 4 rooms of us. Is it possible to request the rooms be close to the buses and/or the pools?
We will have me with bad feet
1 sis with bad knee
7 week old
4 year old
and 3 lazy teens :secret:
Has anyone done a grand gathering?
Are all the rooms adjoining or just near each other?

I'm still hoping I get bumped and upgraded to one of those DVC studios I've read about :)

BigRedDad
07-21-2007, 04:08 AM
It never hurts to ask. They try to get the rooms as close as possible to each other for a GG. Upgrades are nice, but I would not bank on getting upgraded from a Value resort to a DVC resort.

TammiMcMan
07-21-2007, 09:26 AM
I believe the first priority with the Grand Gathering rooms are to be close together. If you have a request for a certain area, my advice is to call the Grand Gathering department right away and let them know about your mobility needs. Are any of the rooms an extension of the same family? What I mean, is one family too big for one room and they needed to book a 2nd room for the kids? If so, you probably want to let them know that a connecting room is necessary for that group.

Unfortunately, it's been about a month now since I read about anyone getting the phone call for DVC units. I think those upgrades are finished.

crazypoohbear
07-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Tammy, do you happen to know the phone number for the Grand Gathering Dept?
We booked through MJ's
We don't have any kids that will be in their own rooms but there will be 4 rooms with 6 kids split amongst them.

I believe the first priority with the Grand Gathering rooms are to be close together. If you have a request for a certain area, my advice is to call the Grand Gathering department right away and let them know about your mobility needs. Are any of the rooms an extension of the same family? What I mean, is one family too big for one room and they needed to book a 2nd room for the kids? If so, you probably want to let them know that a connecting room is necessary for that group.

Unfortunately, it's been about a month now since I read about anyone getting the phone call for DVC units. I think those upgrades are finished.

CleveRocks
07-22-2007, 06:32 PM
We booked through MJ's
We don't have any kids that will be in their own rooms but there will be 4 rooms with 6 kids split amongst them.
If you booked through a travel agent, then it's appropriate to have your travel agent make ALL arrangements for you. I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

TammiMcMan
07-22-2007, 07:20 PM
We booked through MJ'sJust give your agent at MJ's a call and let her know what you need. She'll be more than happy to take care of your requests.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Hopefully we'll get ground floor rooms because I don't want to have to help lug the stroller up any flights of stairs.
Make sure to mention that to Wendy @ MJ's please and thanks.