PDA

View Full Version : Poly vs. POFQ

rmsongs
07-20-2007, 08:54 PM
OK, Gang, here's the question: I'm in the early stages of planning a trip for my family & my daughter's best friend's family. I thought my wife and I had decided to stay at POFQ (water view), but then I realized there wasn't a huge price difference to stay at the Poly (garden view, which I assume is actually 'parking lot view'). I stayed at the Poly when I was a kid, so I know how great the monorail access is, but, other than that and watching the fireworks at MK from the beach, is it worth the extra bucks to stay there? What I'd like to know is, which resort would you choose and why? Thanks in advance.

alpro2
07-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Though I love POFQ (favorite Moderate), I would choose the Poly, hands down. It is a Deluxe resort, which means more ammenities. Better pool, restaurants, transportation (monorail and TTC). Plus the Poly is "vintage Disney".

There are plenty of longhouses that do not face a parking lot. So a garden view room is not a bad thing. We had a garden view at Tahiti longhouse and it was great.

GrmGrninGost
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
If it will fit your budget, go POLY!! :mickey: It is a wonderful place! It's my second favorite resort behind Wilderness Lodge. There is a major difference between a moderate and a deluxe resort, and being on the monorail route doesn't hurt either! However if price is an object Port Orleans is very nice! Either way, enjoy!! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Besides the obvious (excellent transportation options, proximity to the MK, and that view!), the Polynesian has larger beds(queen vs full) and larger rooms plus a day bed in every room, an amazing theme and lush grounds, excellent restaurants on site plus the Tambu Lounge, a great pool (plus pool bar), and proximity to other Mk resort restaurants. The Polynesian would be our choice without a second's hesitation.