PDA

View Full Version : Do you have you trip shopping list going yet?

sleepingbooty
07-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I love starting a list of things to buy for the trip way ahead of time, its one more thing to work on to make the time go by. Most of the things are pretty inconsequential, like travel size toiletries, but its fun to shop for a couple things on the list each week. I'm sure I'm a total dork for getting a kick out of picking up a bottle of travel size Pantene, but knowing that its for our trip makes it fun. I got to cross off two big things today: I went to bingo with my Grandmother the other night - and WON! - so I bought a new pullman suitcase and a new carry-on. Next week I'm going to look for one of those collapsible laundry hampers to bring for the room. What's on your list?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2007, 10:03 PM
With all the talk of how comfortable the Croc sandals are, I'm going to look for some tomorrow.
I've already picked up 3 skorts to bring along. And I already bought the new sneakers and started breaking them in. A trip isn't a trip without buy new stuff. I still have 38 days so I'm sure I'll be adding to my unwritten list. But shopping is a hobby of mine, so who needs an excuse?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I've grabbed a few things already. Sunblock for the kids (they are allergic to most sunscreens and can only use one brand), glow necklaces for fireworks and Fantasmic, travel size bottles of Tide, coloring book and crayons for the plane, DVD for DD, new sunglasses for the boys and swim arm bands for DD. I know I have grabbed a few other things too...Oh, Misty Mates and those cooler necklaces for the kids.

Wow...I am proud of myself, we still have 54 days!

Lizzie
07-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Besides a ton of snacks, I am shopping for a new camera.

I have a great Sony DSLR but its quite large and with the kids its hard to carry around and use all the time.

So I am going to buy a Cyber-shotŪ Digital Camera DSC-T100/R I have been saving for months and did a garage sale to get some money for it. I love pics of the kids and at Disney its even better.

I also love my Tevas but I have heard about Teva flip flops so I am going to check out some end of summer sales.

snifflesmcg
07-21-2007, 02:16 AM
Yes, I have a small shopping list together already. For the most part, I already have everything. I just need to throw it all together.

January-2007
07-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Yes, we are going to order a new old time radio CD to listen to in the car on the drive down, and I need a couple more items of clothing, DH has been buying CDs like there's no tomorrow... We still have toiletries in supply from our last trip, so all that mundane type stuff is at least mostly taken care of. This is a good reminder to get on with it though, after all, in less than 2 months, we'll be there!!!

sleepingbooty
07-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Oh, Misty Mates and those cooler necklaces for the kids.

Sounds interesting - what exactly are these and where do you get them (always looking for something to add to my list!)

tinksmom02
07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I have a list going of things that I definitely need to buy, and a bag in my linen closet of stuff I've already bought. Every time we got to Target I pick up a couple of things...travel size conditioners, toothpastes, laundry deterg, etc. I've also purchased a bunch of ponchos--some from the $1 store and some from Target. Last trip I got really nice ones from Walmart, but they were toooooo heavy to be dragging around the parks all day.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Sounds interesting - what exactly are these and where do you get them (always looking for something to add to my list!)

Misty Mates are those mist sprayer things. LOL..best description I can come up with. We got the 12 ounce ones. You put ice and water in them and they spray cool mist. Just put Misty Mate in a search and you can read all about them. I heard about this brand on Intercot. The Shops/Waterparks forum had the last thread I read on them. We got one for each of the kids.

The cooler necklaces I got at Walmart. You get them wet in cold water and they stay cool. I'm not too sure how well they are going to work but, I have heard good things about them. I figured with the heat in September they were worth a try.

HTH..I know my descriptions leave a lot to be desired. ;)

IloveDisney71
07-22-2007, 12:07 AM
My trip is not until December, so I haven't actually bought anything yet. I am looking at buying a new digital camera pretty soon, so I am very familiar with it by the time I get to Disney in Dec.
I actually have a disney packing list saved on my computer, so I can change items due to the seasons. I will also be looking for the cheap disposable ponchos so I can still ride Splash M. in Dec!
Once I start buying items for my trip, I keep all the items together in my closet, so I don't misplace anything. :blush:

sleepingbooty
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I usually put a bin in the extra bedroom to toss all the items I buy for the trip into. Its fun to see it start to pile up. I'm going to have to look for those cooler necklaces - that sounds like a good idea. We have Disney mister fans, so I guess I've already got a "misty mate". Good tip, though:mickey:

princessjojo
07-22-2007, 10:24 AM
.... travel size bottles of Tide,...
Where did you find this size bottle. I have looked and looked and can't find anything other than the smallest household size bottle and the very small sink packets. My BIL is going with us next spring and he can only use Tide in his laundry.

Thanks a bunch!!!

BTW, have a great trip. I'm envious yours is so close and mine is sooooo far away.

Beast_fanatic
07-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Where did you find this size bottle. I have looked and looked and can't find anything other than the smallest household size bottle and the very small sink packets. My BIL is going with us next spring and he can only use Tide in his laundry.

Thanks a bunch!!!

BTW, have a great trip. I'm envious yours is so close and mine is sooooo far away.

I have seen them with the other travel size items at Target on occasion.

sleepingbooty
07-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I have seen them with the other travel size items at Target on occasion.

I've also gotten it at Target. They have a little (4 loads, maybe?) bottle of the liquid. Its with all the other travel size toiletries, not with the laundry detergent. Good luck!

Dedivah
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I did the regular stuff.

Travel size , listerine, toothpaste, lotions, and bath gels, ponchos, sunblock. Stuff like that.

I ordered a couple peices of new clothing.

I really would like to take along a bottle of perfume but I have been told by friends and co-workers that their perfume and other items has been stolen from their suitcases. So I am going to have to buy a small bottle of my favorite fragrance.

SBETigg
07-23-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't have a packing list going yet, and I only have 27 days! Starting to panic. And get really really excited.

k_reile
07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
for the person who asked about the travel sized Tide...you might be able to go to the laundro-mat in your home town and just buy a small bottle there...that is if they carry them.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks a bunch!!!

I get them at Target in the aisle with the other travel size items. Not with the other detergent as other people said. We have gotten them the past two years. We usually bring two and do wash 2-3 times each trip for the 5 of us. I got three bottles for this trip since we are staying at SSR and will have a washer/dryer in our room. Less clothes to pack this time!! :party:

I hope you have a great trip too! :)

momef3grls
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I just bought the travel size Tide today at Target (97 cents). It is in the aisle with the other travel items. DD's bought travel size deodorant to put in their purses in case they see any cute guys while not around mom and dad:blush:. Taking full size other personal care items since we are in the same room and use the same products but it is just the satisfaction of putting the travel sizes on the conveyor and see the looks from everyone else because they know that you are going on vacation too.:thumbsup: 78 very long days to go:mickey: