View Full Version : Best week in May?

nadisnut
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
What is the best week in May to go, or does it really make a diference in attendence? What is the weather like?
:cloud9:

DisneyWhirled
07-20-2007, 05:48 PM
We have travelled the first week of May and the week prior (up to) Memorial Day. Both have been wonderful! The weather is great in May.

In 2006, (1st week May) we did not encounter any love bugs.

In 2007 (3rd week of May) we encountered a lot of love bugs.

The crowds have been decent, and the waits for rides not too bad.

Hope this helps!

sonkist32
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
we've been the last week in april and 2nd week in may, both were excellent with light crowds..seemed like lots of people but virtually no wait for rides..more little kids running around. I recommend it!

alpro2
07-20-2007, 09:06 PM
As far as crowds go, the earlier you go in May the better. Schools start letting out during the month. Also people tend to tie in vacation with Memorial Day Weekend.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-20-2007, 09:19 PM
In 2007 (3rd week of May) we encountered a lot of love bugs.

Haha, I can totally relate to that when we were there the same week in May. I actually had no clue what they were or what they were doing but then my now xDGF asked a cast member and we found out they were love bugs...so it suddenly all made sense!

Chris :hatter:

Donalds Duckie
07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I was at WDW this year May 25-28 for a long Memorial Day weekend. Friday and Saturday, May 25 & 26 was surprisingly uncrowded. It was the first time I ever walked into CBR with absolutely no one in line to register. I walked right up to the window (about 1:15 p.m.) , my room was ready for me, and I was the only person in the van that drove me from Customs House to my room in Aruba! Saturday at EPCOT we were ahead of schedule all day and added things to our itinerary that we didn't think we would have time for. It was also my first time to the Flower & Garden Show and I wish I'd had more time to enjoy that.

Sunday and Monday, May 27-28 were very crowded. Weather was warm but good, no real rain to speak of.

I enjoyed this time of year so much that I plan to return for my long WDW vacation May 17-25, 2008, before my AP expires on 5/25/08, and Memorial Day will give me an extra day off.

My only real "con" to going in May is that it's not "value season". I had always gone to WDW in "value season" before this trip, but MJ got me AAA room only discount so I was happy.

Have a great time!