PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question - Kids

disneyfan328
07-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok, I know that this is going to sound dumb, but in reading all of these threads, I have found no dumb questions but lots of great answers so here goes nothing.

We are going to be on the dining plan and wanted to know how it works with kids and appetizers. Do they get one? Are there any items that they will bring out for the kids (applesauce, a small salad, fruit???) I dont' want DH, DD - 17 and myself to all get appetizers and have the kids with nothing. Now before any of you jump the gun, NONE of us have a problem sharing, however the things that we would order for apps I don't think the kids will eat. They could surprise me but I am looking for alternatives before we go just in case. Anyone have any ideas or expierence with this? If they do bring them out something for them is there an extra charge? I have tried calling Disney dining and even tried calling them directly and I cannot get an answer on this. My paper work on the ddp states that for lunch and dinner ts you get an appetizer, entre and dessert. It does not clasify this as any different for kids or adults. I just need some clarification on this.

tinkerbell04
07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Kids get a choice of an appetizer off of the kids menu. We have found that it is usually a salad or chicken noodle soup. Some places have something a little different, but this is the choice for most places. They will bring it out when the adults get their appetizers too!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 03:07 PM
The children's menu, that you receive at the table, has an appetizer, entree and dessert section for the kiddies. They will be able to choose off their own menu.

BTW, not a dumb question.....have a great trip.

disneyfan328
07-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks so much this is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Both of the kids would like soup or a salad something along those lines. I thought that they probably had to have something, but Disney or the CM that I spoke to didn't seem to think so. Anyone ever dined at Planet Hollywood? If so what did they have for kids apps? That is one of the places that we are going.

ElenitaB
07-20-2007, 07:03 PM
We've never dined at PH, but you can find their kid's menu on their website (planethollywood.com). It does seem that, like most chain restaurants, they have a kid's menu but no kid's appetizers. Hopefully someone who has eaten there can come along and clarify.

tinksmom02
07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
When we ate at LeCellier, DD got a plate of carrots and celery, with dip.