PDA

View Full Version : Getting a rental car while staying onsite

bobpfef
07-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Is there some easy way to get a rental car while we are on site. We only want it two days during the middle of our trip and would like to utilize DME from the airport so I don't want to get a car there. Plus I don't want one for the whole trip.

Is there someplace on-site to get a rental car? Has anyone done this? Any idea of the cost for 2 days?

Thanks

disneycouple2004
07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Most rental car companies will pick you up..some will even deliver the rental for you.
Just have to make some calls and see ..
good luck..(we use Enterprise)

tinktude
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
You can take disney transportation to the Swan (or it may be the Dolphin) hotel where there is a rental car desk in the lobby. My friend and I did this on our trip in May and it was really cheap.

The rental car was National, but Alamo is also available. We rented the car for about $25 a day, but you have to call them specifically to get the good rate. There is also the Disney Car Care center, and I think that they will pick you up from the Ticket and Transportation Center. I have never used them though.

tinkerbell04
07-21-2007, 01:27 PM
The Car Care center will pick you up and return you back to the resort. The company at the Car Care center is Alamo, the same company that is in the Dolphin. You can check rates on line to see about the cost.:mickey:

yasmina
07-21-2007, 01:54 PM
We rented a car 2 years ago from the Car Care Center. They sent a bus to pick us up. For reasons I don't remember, I wasn't real thrilled with the service we got there.

We're renting from there again for a day trip to the beach, but I'm thinking of switching to another company (off the top of my head I can't remember which one) that rents out of the Hilton in DTD. We're staying at POFQ, so we could have them pick us up at the resort, then when we return it the next day, use the time to shop and explore, then take the boat back to the resort.

Magic Smiles
07-23-2007, 05:54 PM
We actually pick up our car rental at National at the Orlando Airport and then return the car the day before our departure to the Car Care Center in Disney World. The Car Care Center has a little bus that they will take you back to your hotel in. We then use DME to get to the airport the following day. You can check prices on either the Alamo or the National Car Rental sites. We reserve through the Enterainment Book website and use our Entertainment book discounts which helps.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
The Dolphin does have the National Car Rental counter. Plus, there was another website where you could become an Emerald Aisle member for free which was a $50.00 savings. PM me if you want that info.
I don't know if it would do you any good if you are renting at the Dolphin though but it would be good for future car rentals. And if you can still do it for free, why not?

angedeaile
07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
We rented Alamo at the Car Care Center on our last trip last year. We had a bus pick us up and really enjoyed the service! Our bus driver was delightful!

This next trip in January we are planning on renting through Avis at the DTD Hilton. We are planning on using it our last day at DW and the next day to take us to DCL's port.

We would have gone through Alamo again if I knew that there was a location near by the port.

Overall, I think CCC is a good place to rent through.