PDA

View Full Version : Room request.

pixidust1976
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I have a question about requesting a room at a value resort.

I know already that the resorts are not obligated in any way to honor a request, but....

I was wondering if I stand a snow ball's chance of getting a room in the Calypso buildings at the ASMu during free dining in September if I request it. I also didn't know if those are the "preferred rooms" that you have to pay extra for.

When I went in 99 we were in Country Fair, and let me tell you... after a long day of hoofing it in the parks... it just seemed like those Country Fair buildings were MILES away!!!! And that was before I had two little ones.

Thanks guys for any advice here.

avantgardeinker
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
It never hurts to ask. We're staying at Pop Century. When I made my reservations the CM asked me if I wanted a preferred room next to the big pool. I told him, no and asked him if I could request a particular building and he said yes. He put my request on our reservation. I know that I should request it upon arrival as well, just to make sure, but at least it's noted on our ressie. You might want to call WDW Travel and see if you can request prior to your trip. It never hurts to try. All they can tell you is no.

139 more days!!
:mickey:

disneymom15
07-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree, I would call and ask. It can't hurt.

TammiMcMan
07-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I was wondering if I stand a snow ball's chance of getting a room in the Calypso buildings at the ASMu during free dining in September if I request it. I also didn't know if those are the "preferred rooms" that you have to pay extra for.Calypso building #1 and #10 are preferred. If you are not paying for that room type, then it's not likely that your request will be honored. I suggest that you add a request of "closest to Melody Hall" to your reservation. If it's that important to be in Calypso, you should probably call and ask about the availabilty of an upgrade or inquire about paying for it when you check-in.