PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards / Parade

letsdoitagain
07-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if you can use disney gift cards everywhere in the theme parks, or are you limited to certain areas.

Also, I hear that the electrical parade was discontinued. I last saw it at Disneyland years ago and I know my wife and kids (never been to Disney) would love it. It would be a great dissapointment if they quit doing it as this is my first trip to Disney World.

faline
07-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Disney Gift Cards are accepted throughout the parks with some exceptions for vendor carts.

The Electrical Light Parade has not been shown in Disneyworld for years now. In its place is another spectacular light parade called Spectromagic. (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/magickingdom/mainstreet/spectromagic/default.asp)

irish1967
07-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I think the gift card exception also includes anyplace on Disney property that is not owned by Disney. For example, I don't believe that you cannot use the gift cards at places like McDonalds or Ranforest Cafe.

Disneygiftcard.com (can I put that here? if not, just delete it) will give you all the current restrictions...