PDA

View Full Version : The British Open - GO BOO!

BrerSchultzy
07-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't know how many of you are golf fans, but if you aren't watching the British Open, you're missing a great story. Not only does it look like Sergio Garcia is about to shed the mantle that was passed to him when Phil Mickelson won the Masters (best...or shall we say most famous... player to never win a major), but my favorite golfer (and golfer name) EVER is sitting at 2 under....Boo Weekley himself.

If you haven't seen this guy, you are missing something special. He heads out the the esteemed British Open at Carnoustie wearing.....a camouflage shirt.

Priceless.

Go BOO! :number1:

SallyP
07-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't know how many of you are golf fans, but if you aren't watching the British Open, you're missing a great story. Not only does it look like Sergio Garcia is about to shed the mantle that was passed to him when Phil Mickelson won the Masters (best...or shall we say most famous... player to never win a major)...

I do watch golf and I understand your excitement about Garcia but having watched many golf matches I think you are a little premature in your prediction. An awful lot can happen in the next 2 rounds. :eek:

I think the Gary Player statement yesterday, regarding steroid use among golfers, was pretty gutzy. The change in physique (shoulders especially) of some of the players is very noticable. I would imagine quite a few use endurance enhancers too. So much of golf is swing/body execution you wouldn't think they would use steroids but then you remember, oh yeah they have to do this game hours every day! Maybe stretching for that 300+ yard tee shot is 'driving' them to steroids?
Should be an interesting story to follow: random drug testing in the Gentlemen's Game!