PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #90

King Triton
07-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Time for a shoe question, and no, I'm not putting high heels on the list. Sometimes I see high heels on Main St. and just don't get it. Oh well...

While in Disney Parks, do you wear sneakers (basketball shoes, cross trainers, running shoes, etc.) or sandals (Teva's and clones, flip-flops, Crocs and clones, etc.)?

I'll try to post #91 (Theme Parks) and #92 (accommodations) over the weekend...

faline
07-20-2007, 09:06 AM
The true answer for me is "both". For years, I wore exclusively sneakers. Over my last couple of trips, I've switched more to sandals - easier on the feet if you get wet!

disneymom15
07-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I always wear flip flops. Usually I don't even pack sneakers.

pshokie
07-20-2007, 09:42 AM
:sick: Can't....wear....sandals....must....wear...shoes.. ..

Okay confession time......

Hi, my name is Patrick, I hate feet. :humph:

Yes, I get the whole "wet sneakers are aweful", but I cannot bring myself to do it. It is a personal pet peeve. And being a man, I hate man feet more the women feet. Men just don't care for their's as well as women. Makes me feel ooogie.....

Please fogive me......:sad:

BigRedDad
07-20-2007, 09:44 AM
I hate wearing any kind of shoes. If I had my choice, I would go barefoot. Since that is not allowed, flip-flops or some of those new hiking type sandals may be what I will be looking into.

mrsgaribaldi
07-20-2007, 09:45 AM

Yes, I get the whole "wet sneakers are aweful", but I cannot bring myself to do it. It is a personal pet peeve. And being a man, I hate man feet more the women feet. Men just don't care for their's as well as women. Makes me feel ooogie.....

I think you're my soul mate;)
I hate feet too. And I hate when men wears sandals, just my opinion but I can't stand that ( please no one get offended)

Mickey91
07-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I always wear tennis shoes. My feet get way too tired in just an hour with sandals.

princessjojo
07-20-2007, 10:07 AM
What about both? Two trips ago, I wore strictly sneakers. Last trip I wore Rainbow flip-flops and sneakers. I love the sandles but after about 2-3 days of that much walking, my feet begin to need a little more support and comfort so I resort to the sneakers. It really is a toss up for me.

Donald
07-20-2007, 10:07 AM
tennis shoes with good arch support and double socks!!:walk:

mook3y
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
My feet would be blistered if I wore sandles.

Give me air cushions and arch support please! :D

Tynkerbelle
07-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Crocs for me!!!

I find sneakers to be too hot & make my feet feel heavy and flip flops hurt the space between my toes. The Crocs are light, yet supportive - my feet never hurt no matter how many days I wear them or how much walking I do!

aprilisis
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I really don't get the high heels, either. Who are they trying to impress? I mean, Mickey is already taken! :laughing: Seriously, I wear sneakers at every park except AK. I KNOW my feet are getting wet at AK. I also have to admit that I really, really hate feet, too. Another thing I have in common with mrsgaribaldi!! :D

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 11:27 AM
We were always wearing our sneakers until we discovered the love for crocs. I wear crocs at work and never thought about at WDW until they came out with the new disney line, so we bought them. I love them. My legs and feet do not ache at the end of the night. LOVE THEM!!

WDWfeelslikehome
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I went with sandals, and this was a big change for me. We did a nice leisurely strolling vacation this past trip, but when we are in the comando type mode, we go with sneakers without a doubt.

avantgardeinker
07-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Sandals always rub blisters on my feet if I wear them for a long period of time (no matter how comfortable they may be). I can't imagine walking around the parks in them.

139 more days!!
:mickey:

darthmacho
07-20-2007, 12:21 PM

I agree about the man feet, and think men shouldn't be allowed to wear sandals under penalty of death. (Just joking about the death part.) I'm on the other end of the spectrum with women's feet, which I find strangely attractive. :blush: Weird, I know, but not uncommon.

New Balance walking shoes/sneakers are the way to go. I wouldn't wear any other brand to WDW.

snifflesmcg
07-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I voted for sneakers. I'm trying out Crocs this year so we'll see.

BelleBeauty
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I put sandals, but really I wear both. You all will think I am crazy, but most of the time I am in flip flops. I bring sneakers and WDW is probably the ONLY place I wear them outside of the gym. My feet just get so hot that I am more comfortable in flip flops - and honestly, regardless of footwear, my feet hurt at the end of the day!

GrmGrninGost
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Sneakers! Being a 250 lb. man, I need support and cushion! :mickey:

DizNee143
07-20-2007, 01:57 PM
sneaker!!!
as much as i love my flip flops during the summer and i wear them everyday...but i dunno i would be to scared to wear them around the parks all day...

January-2007
07-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Since Crocs were grouped into the sandal camp, I voted for sandals. Previously I have always worn sneakers, while having flip flops to change in and out of when I was a teenager, tucked in my backpack. I bought my first pair of Disney Crocs on the last night of our WDW Honeymoon in January and on our last trip in May/June, I spent an entire day in the themeparks wearing exclusively Crocs, and they were fabulous. I hate shoes too, and socks even more, but I wear my Crocs all the time!! So that's what I voted for. It helps that we are leaning towards warmer times of year to visit, as well... I think that has a lot to do with it also!

Bethis26fan
07-20-2007, 03:06 PM
sneaker!!!
as much as i love my flip flops during the summer and i wear them everyday...but i dunno i would be to scared to wear them around the parks all day...

I agree 100%

EvilQueen2006
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I switch back and forth between the two, but I voted for sandals because that's what I wear most.

IloveDisney71
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I usually wear tennis shoes. They keep my feet feeling "happy" longer. :mickey: However, since I usually stay at a Disney resort and often cut my day in 1/2 with an afternoon nap or swim...if I know it looks like a lot of rain is in the forecast, I will wear flip-flops so my tennis shoes stay dry.

mousetrapper
07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Great question! I voted sneakers because that's what I've always done. I wore sneakers because I didn't want aching feet.

But now I'm rethinking that. To me, sneakers give you support but, as others have said, once they get wet, forget it!! Ugh. Plus, if they don't fit quite right, you end up with blisters, which really put a damper on your vacation.

So I think I may go with Crocs this time around when we go in November! I hear people swear by them. I'll bring a pair of sneakers in case I want to change for some reason. I may also buy some Tevas. I'd love to just wear my rubber flip flops from Target but I know my feet would be killing me after a long day walking around the parks! ;)

tinkerbell04
07-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I used to be a sneaker only kind of girl, but I have converted to my sandals and have had no problem. :mickey:

LoriMistress
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Prefer sneakers.

glenpreece
07-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I am a man and I wear Sandals!! I wear sandals as often as I can at home and away. But being a gay man I keep my feet in good condition and always get a pedicure before going away to WDW.

tinksmom02
07-20-2007, 10:26 PM
I voted for sneakers because that is what I've always done, but I think DD and I are going to give our Crocs a try in Disney in Sept. :secret: She's actually getting the POTC ones for her bday next month!

I live in flip flops during the summer, but for as much walking as we do in Disney, my feet need more support. But, last trip, I actually got blisters, and my sneaks were well worn in! So we're giving the Crocs a try...and bringing sneakers just in case...

pixiesmimi
07-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I have always worn good name brand sneakers for support. But no matter what I wear, I go home with swollen, tired, hurting legs and feet. I wore Crocs and Dr. Scholl's flip flops the last trip and was the most comfortable I have ever been. That will be my shoe of choice this time, also.

KAT1811
07-22-2007, 10:47 AM
A few trips ago mom and I bought slip on easy spirit sneakers and they were great!!! They had the comfort of a sneaker but allowed my feet to "breathe" The best of both worlds. DH wears his boat shoes or sneakers. He does take great care of his feet (pedicures and all)!!! I'm not too sure he'd wear sandals. I hate seeing people in sandals that son't take care of their feet, men or women. There should be a law that requires all sandal wearing people to have a pedicure first!!! I think how a person cares for their feet says a lot about how a person cares for themself.

ktflisa
07-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Crocs!! On our previous nine trips, I always wore sneakers. Last December I decided to try my crocs - what a difference! No blisters!

At Disneyland Aug 06 I wore my very comfy and padded Teva flip-flops and they were just fine. I was only there for one day - so it worked out okay. Don't think I could wear them 4 or 5 days in a row at Disney...

mickeyfan2001
07-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Sneakers for me. I would be crying at the end of the day if I wore sandles.

Lizzie
07-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I said sneakers because I wear them more. But I rotate shoes. I will switch between my running shoes, my casual sneakers with support, and my Tevas. But I wear flip flops all the time at home in the summer weather, I am trying to find a pair of Teva flip flops for our next trip.

goofygirl67
07-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I do the sneakers also. I do bring my sandles along just in case. I have gotten blisters in the past and the sandles came in handy when I couldn't take the sneakers anymore. However, even though I may change my footwear, I find no matter what I still wear my socks.

mainemajor
07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I love to wear sneakers. I own about a dozen of them. Different ones for different activities/locations. I don't find sandals comfortable. I will wear them to the water parks. My eldest boy will wear sandals 11 months a year, only stopping when the snow is wet AND deep.

BritCody
07-23-2007, 04:53 AM
For me it will always be sneakers

RAIDER
07-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Its either my Reebok classics or my Vans:thumbsup::mickey:

Bluesky481
07-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Both! I like to switch between flip flops and my Sketchers depending on the weather and my outfit;) Hey...a girl's gotta look good :yes:
And amazingly we can all look great even if we DON'T wear high heels or platform shoes...simply amazing!:crazy:

psychotekkie
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Sandals. As a Canadian visiting WDW in summer, I can't take the heat of having closed shoes! But my sandals are expensive and they are so comfy they are practically orthopedic! i buy brands like Merrell, Ecco, Mephisto etc.

DisneyGRL7
07-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Flipflops are always my shoe of choice anywhere. My family thinks I'm insane but I just think sneakers are confining.

SurferStitch
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Sandals and flip-flops!!!

I've worn sneakers at most once or twice over the past few trips. I really don't wear sneakers outside the gym.

I like to wear platform sandals/flip-flops with a decent wedge. I hate flat shoes. I have no arch whatsoever, and a 1.5"-3" wedge is very comfy for all day walking for me (remember...in platforms, the height of the wedge isn't like a heel since the front of the shoe is already about an inch high).

animalkingdomguy
07-26-2007, 08:42 AM
My footwear varies from day to day and season to season. During an early spring or late fall trip I wear sneakers more. During an August trip I tried to wear sneakers but with the rain they never dried out. Perpetually wet sneakers produce evil odors. During the wet season or if weather turns I switch to sandals. Also, for AK I usually wear sandals due to Kali River Rapids.

mdearmas
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I have to do sneakers! It's too much walking to not have the extra support around my ankles!
:goofy: