PDA

View Full Version : Conflict dining and pirates princess party!

Gaylee
07-19-2007, 10:42 PM
On Friday August 24th I have ressies at the coral reef at 6:00 pm and I also have tickets to the pirates princess party which starts at 4:00 I think I don't want to miss the party but I still want to eat dinner at the Coral Reef. What do I do?

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
The party doesn't officially start until 7. You can get entrance to the park as early as 4. If you eat and head straight over, you could get there in time to enjoy some of the party, too(depending on timing at Coral Reef-- they can be slow). I would try to eat earlier and make the most of the party instead, though. It would be a shame not to make the most of the party since you paid for event tickets. You can get better meals in your local restaurants(not quite the same, I know) but you can only go to the P & P party at WDW.

Which is, in fact, what I'm doing. We're dining at Kona Cafe earlier that night and heading over to the party. Keep calling to see if you can get an earlier ADR at Coral Reef. Best wishes with it.

PeterPanFan
07-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Do both. Most people are always late for a party.:party:

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2007, 02:19 PM
1) You will be cutting into the party.
2) Let's look at the time line
. . . 6:00pm ressie
. . . seated by 6:30pm (usually behind schedule at that time)
. . . 60-min to eat
. . . 15-min walk to monorail
. . . 5-min wait for monrail
. . . 5-min ride to TTC
. . . 5-min transfer to MK monorail
. . . 7-min ride to MK
. . . 3-min walk to gates
. . . 5-min to get onto Main Street
3) This puts your at the pary at 8:15pm.
4) Late if you take longer at dinner or at any of the steps.

tinkerbell04
07-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I have never been seated on time at the Coral Reef, and I would allow at least 60 minutes to eat. I think your best bet would be to change the ressie and get the most from the party. If you can't make it to the CR this time, catch it the next time you are there. The party might not be there next time!

vamaggie
07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Do you have kids going to the P&P party? Do you think they will be able to settle down and eat nicely at CR knowing the party is starting and they are not there? I know my kids would be itching to get there (especially if they know you can get into the MK at 4pm) and would not really enjoy CR too much (ie making it hard for me to enjoy it either!)

crazypoohbear
07-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Can you call and rearrange your Coral Reef ressies for a different day.
We did that with Le Cellier. We are going to PNP on the 31st. We were able to move ressies around and get Crystal palace at 4:55 for the night of the party.
Keep calling and checking on ressies.

BronxTigger
07-20-2007, 11:59 PM
I have the same problem. I have a 6:40 reservation for Le Cellier on the 18th, but I want to go to the P&P Party that day, because the other day they have the party while I'm there is an Epcot pmEMH night that I want to go to. So, I figure I can have steak here in NYC and go to the party at WDW. Yeah, I finally got an ADR at Le Cellier, but oh well. I didn't want to eat by myself there anyways. I'll eat there when I go back to WDW with DH.

phillydan
07-21-2007, 12:32 PM
...We were able to move ressies around and get Crystal palace at 4:55 for the night of the party...

We are going to the party on Aug 14 and I tried to get CP for dinner. I was informed that the only restaurants open for dinner during the party on that date are Tony's and Liberty Tree. The last lunch seating available was 3:55 at CP, which didn't work for us. You may want to double check ypur ADR - maybe they extended the lunch time for other dates since I called (sometime in early June).

We are going to be at AK that day, so we booked RFCafe at 4:15, which should give us enough time to eat, swing by the Contemporary to freshen up and get to the party at 7 (you know we will be skipping the freshen up part :D)