PDA

View Full Version : Marakesh Reviews?

GhostHost999
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had anything to say about the Restaurant Marakesh in the Morocco pavilion at Epcot. It looked incredibly interesting but I never really got a chance to go. Anyone have a review?

Florida Dreamer
07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
We had lunch at Marakesh during our last trip and absolutely loved it. We found the food to be very tasty and the theming seemed very authentic. We enjoyed the live music and the dancer added to the whole experience. The wait staff was very friendly and even had my wife wear his fez hat for pictures. For lunch it was not crowded at all and we had a very enjoyable time. This was one of our favorite meals of our trip.

meldan98
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
We went a few years ago as part of the Candlelight package, and we were really excited to try something new. I was terrified that the food would be spicy. To me, most mild salsa's are too hot. I was incredibly suprised. The food was very flavorful and not spicy at all. The entertainment was interesting - belly dancing. And the staff was very kind and the service was quick.

DisneyWhirled
07-20-2007, 09:55 AM
DH is excited to eat here. Me-not so much! I am pleased to hear the good reviews, though. Who knows maybe we all will enjoy it!

Epc0tphr34k
07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
i went last time and the food was excellent it was very quiet cause few people seem to know where in the pavillion it is. the food wa great the belly dancers were very entertaining. I can't wait to go back.

disneycouple2004
07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
We thought the food was just ok...the entertainment and atmosphere were excellent !

prttynpnk
07-20-2007, 11:12 AM
we've always really enjoyed it- seafood bastilla and mint tea....mmmmm

dog-ears
07-20-2007, 11:21 AM
We've been there once for dinner - I really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and entertainment! DH was a little less enthusiastic - he was fearful that the belly dancer would pick him to help her dance! :dance:

avantgardeinker
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Go and try the lamb!!! It's sooooooo good!! We went on our honeymoon in 01 and we're going back again this year. We really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is wonderful. Unfortunately for DH we weren't aware of the belly dancer during the dinner meal. We are aware of it this time, however. And we will be dining while she's dancing. DH wouldn't have it any other way.

139 more days!!
:mickey:

moe513
07-20-2007, 08:52 PM
I didnt like the food. I had chicken kabobs and rice. It was bland. The desserts are bad too. the building is beautiful. The belly dancers were cool but we sat so far away ,it was hard to enjoy them. They didnt leave their "dance floor area"

tinktude
07-20-2007, 10:15 PM
My friend and I ate there in May and thought that it was very good. I had the beef kabobs, which were very tender and nicely flavored. My friend had the seafood Bastille and she loved all of it except the sauce on the salmon.

The atmosphere was very nice and the wait staff was attentive. If you are a drinker try the casablanca sunrise, yummy!!

Mickeydream
07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Sounds like we made the right decision when we made our ADRs for Marakesh in Nov! Belly dancing during dinner will be different. :mickey:

Natazu
07-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Found one: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=86331)

Nevergrowup
07-21-2007, 10:04 AM
We tried it on the last trip. DH is a picky eater and was NOT thrilled when I made the ADR. He was certain they would not have anything he would like. He had a great time and loved the food.

luvdiznee
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
We went about 6 months ago and Loved it. Even our friends who had never been to Disney, so this was their first Disney experience for everything Disney, they loved it. Lamb and Kebabs were great! Belly Dancer was good, too. :mickey:

Crow
07-21-2007, 06:46 PM
going in Sept. went a few yrs ago after the tour of WS. i too thought it was a little bland.
giving it another shot though

mickey-mouse35
07-21-2007, 06:58 PM
We thought the food was just OK but loved the atmosphere and dancing. Would recommend it!