PDA

View Full Version : Babershop at MK

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
We had the girls first haircut last year at the Barbershop. But its time for another haircut.

My question is how experienced are they? Do they just do trims? Or can they do more experienced haircuts? One of my girls at 15 months has hair thicker than mine and its so long, were not sure what to do with it but we know we wanted to try to get it cut again on vacation. Can they help us with this?

WishingStar2006
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
I can personally recommend the beauty salon at the Grand Floridian...I had gotten a TERRIBLE cut at home, right before vacation, and they fixed the terrible cut and made it wonderful and I have long, thick hair!

They also cut both of my teenage son's hair and they were very pleased.

They do all ages.

Good luck!

Darbylew
07-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I think they do a great job at the barbershop
in MK. They will also put some color and pixie
dust in their hair. It is fun! The girl even put
some pixie dust in my hair this last time when
I had them do my granddaughter's hair. :mickey:

ibrowse17
07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
I got my hair cut there for the first time back in Feb, and was much impressed. The only thing is that the place is very small, and it can take a while for your turn. Other than that, I would give them a try:thumbsup:

Jasper
07-19-2007, 06:42 PM
The staff at the MK barbershop is certainly very talented. In fact, some of them also work at the hair salons elsewhere on Disney property as well as at the Barbershop. Having said that though, a barbershop, regardless of where it is located, is not the same as a hair salon. Barbershops, including the one at MK, focus more on cutting rather than styling. Styling is normally much more involved than just cutting. Does any of this make sense?

My suggestion would be that if you want a real "styling" that includes washing, cutting, setting, etc. then you might be better off going to one of the salons at the resorts on property. If you are just looking for them to cut it than the barbershop would be a good choice.

MinnieMommie
07-19-2007, 07:08 PM
They are very talented indeed! When were there last month (DH gets his hair cut each trip) they cut the hair of a young girl with long very curly hair. She left looking like a real princess. Go in a take a look and talk to the stylists. ou can just walk in a wait for your turn. Let them know what you want and see what they recommend. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your responces were excited to try it again on the next trip.

wendy*darling
07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Many cast members get their hair cut here on a regular basis. It is not just another "attraction."
This is a real barber shop (but as Jasper says- it is not a salon). One of the barbers used to own his own shop in Illinois before moving to Orlando.

Tink65
07-19-2007, 09:15 PM
My 11 year old son has gotten his haircut there many times. We used to actually hold off on getting his hair cut at home until our next trip to Disney for his haircut. He likes to get it colored and pixie dusted.

RAIDER
07-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Ive had my haircut there ( MK Maine Street ) a few times ..Theres a guy called Michael who is very good ....:thumbsup:

poohbearkris
07-21-2007, 10:52 AM
How long is the wait on average and what time of day is the best time to go?

McGoofy
07-21-2007, 03:12 PM
We had the girls first haircut last year at the Barbershop. But its time for another haircut.

My question is how experienced are they? Do they just do trims? Or can they do more experienced haircuts? One of my girls at 15 months has hair thicker than mine and its so long, were not sure what to do with it but we know we wanted to try to get it cut again on vacation. Can they help us with this?

My son loves to get his haircut at Harmony Barbershop on Main Street. They can do whatever you want them to do. We just went there in May. The little girl that was ahead of my son looked as though she had never had a haircut in her life. She was maybe 10 years old. Her hair was very long and thick as well as very tangled and extremely knotty. Mike did her hair and spent a very long time doing it. When he finished, she was so beautiful. Please be aware of this...you cannot put a tip on a credit card there. Unfortunately, in the above situation, after Mike had done all that work, the family was unable to tip him. If you think your stylist is worthy of a tip, you will need to have cash handy.

I think the Barbershop is kind of a little Disney "secret." Most people think it is not really a working barber shop. Whenever my son has his hair done with the painted Mickey head and sprinkles, he always gets asked "where did you have that done?" as he sports his haircut around the Magic Kingdom!:mickey:

BronxTigger
07-21-2007, 06:57 PM
They do adult haircuts too, right? Can they layer the hair or do they just trim it all to one length?

Also, how much does it cost?

sonayo74
07-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I'd like to throw a new question into the mix. I have two sons with different hair types. My older son's hair is straighter and I think the barbers should be able to cut it. However, my younger son's hair is more kinky and curly and I have to take him to a barber who specializes in "ethnic" hair. I would love for both of them to experience a Disney haircut, but can the barbers handle different hair types?

McGoofy
07-21-2007, 09:42 PM
They do adult haircuts too, right? Can they layer the hair or do they just trim it all to one length?

Also, how much does it cost?

Yes, they do adult haircuts. My husband has had his done a couple of times. He even got the fun stuff put in his hair one of the times! They'll cut it however you ask them to.

I'm thinking the cost for a child was $14 and adult (male) was $16. (It wasn't but a few dollars more than what we pay here at home.) Then don't forget about the tip.:mickey:

BronxTigger
07-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks McGoofy. $16 is less than I pay at home!

poohbearkris
07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Does anybody know what the hours are, do they open as soon as the park opens, and when is the best time to go, morning??
Thanks

McGoofy
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
OK you guys...Lizzie gave me instructions of how to post photos to a post. This is my first time trying, so will somebody give me feedback so that I know if I did or did not do this correctly?

I am posting photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10425413@N05/sets/72157600985792155/)of our visit to Harmony Barber Shop on 5/7/07.

RAIDER
07-25-2007, 03:46 AM
OK you guys...Lizzie gave me instructions of how to post photos to a post. This is my first time trying, so will somebody give me feedback so that I know if I did or did not do this correctly?

I am posting photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10425413@N05/sets/72157600985792155/)of our visit to Harmony Barber Shop on 5/7/07.

Thanks for the photos ...Mike is the guy who has cut my hair a couple of times when i have visited the Barber shop :thumbsup::mickey:

mook3y
07-25-2007, 09:16 AM
This is becoming a tradition for my family. The first year my son and I had our hair cut. Last year DD had her first hair cut there (great photo's, certificate and Mickey Ears that say "first haircut").

My DD who just turned 3 refuses to let us get her hair cut. She insists she has to get her hair cut at Disneyworld..... Think we have created another Disney fan? :mickey: :thumbsup:

poohbearkris
07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Just an FYI for anybody who is just interested in getting color/glitter in their little boys hair. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offers this for boys (w/o the haircut) and you get an appt. so you hopefully wouldn't have to wait so long. I jusy booked mine the other day for September and they had plenty of openings. DS - 3 is very excited. :nemo: