PDA

View Full Version : Wishes from Poly?

Mary Chase
07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
We wanted to watch wishes while we ate Dinner at Ohana in November, but we couldn't get reservations to have the correct timing. Is there anywhere else at Poly you can go to watch them (I've heard you can see them from the beach?) Do they have anywhere that they pipe the music from wishes in at Poly?

Thanks!

JPL
07-19-2007, 02:20 PM
They pipe the music along the beach so you can watch it from there :mickey:

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
While they do pipe the music near the beach at the Poly, you have to be really close to the pool area to hear it. But you can hear some of it from across the lagoon. We actually prefer not to hear the soundtrack but to just enjoy the spectacular view of the fireworks from across the lagoon on the lawn chairs at the Polynesian beach. And the Electric Water Pageant comes by at 9:15, which is an extra special treat to go along with Wishes, depending on the timing.

The Polynesian concierge guests have a great place to watch Wishes with the music piped in, the concierge lounge in the Hawaii building. One of the treats of Polynesian Concierge.

Polynesian Dweller
07-19-2007, 04:43 PM
The sound is also piped in near the dock area so you can get a bit away from the pool area. As previously posted, they are marvelous to watch from the Poly Beach and you can hear the music but its not really needed. We think that they actually look better from the Poly Beach area than in the park. The perspective is actually better. :mickey:

moe513
07-21-2007, 01:46 PM
I ve seen them fro Ohanas twice and it was not to good. It was hard to hear the music and the view was not good and both times I had a window table.

vamaggie
07-21-2007, 02:40 PM
How crowded does the beach get ? We are going in Nov and wanted to see the fireworks and EWP from the beach but don't know how it will be for the kids if there are big crowds. Do you need to get there early (and if so how early) and get a "spot" like you do for the parades (so the wee ones can see)? TIA!!!

steamboat willy
07-21-2007, 03:13 PM
:fworks: from the Poly :tikki:

OK here's a secret, don't tell anyone :secret:

If you walk down the Poly Beach towards TTC in the direction of the Contemporary there is a grassy knoll with Palm Trees and usually a seat or two. No distraction from the boat dock lights and away from the pool. You can set here and watch WISHES, the Electrical Water Pagent or just watch THE WORLD go by.
One of my favorite spots and I just wanted to share with you guys! ENJOY :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-21-2007, 03:32 PM
How crowded does the beach get ? We are going in Nov and wanted to see the fireworks and EWP from the beach but don't know how it will be for the kids if there are big crowds. Do you need to get there early (and if so how early) and get a "spot" like you do for the parades (so the wee ones can see)? TIA!!!

You don't have to get there early to get a spot. While there is usually a small group of people gathered to watch, there is seldom a large crowd. There has always been plenty of room and empty chairs when I was there.

vamaggie
07-22-2007, 08:39 AM
You don't have to get there early to get a spot. While there is usually a small group of people gathered to watch, there is seldom a large crowd. There has always been plenty of room and empty chairs when I was there.

Thanks! That's good to know!

:fworks: from the Poly :tikki:

OK here's a secret, don't tell anyone :secret:

If you walk down the Poly Beach towards TTC in the direction of the Contemporary there is a grassy knoll with Palm Trees and usually a seat or two. No distraction from the boat dock lights and away from the pool. You can set here and watch WISHES, the Electrical Water Pagent or just watch THE WORLD go by.
One of my favorite spots and I just wanted to share with you guys! ENJOY :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip! I promise to keep it to myself:secret:

krorx
07-22-2007, 10:58 AM
:papple:We were at the Poly last summer and there were very few people watching from the beach. It's a lovely view and the kids can enjoy it without being pushed or crushed in the crowds. Enjoy. :mickey:

luvourtwo
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
How long does wishes last?
I am trying to plan a time for us to view Wishes from the Poly beach. The night that this might fit in, we have reservations at GF for a character meal at 6:50. Wishes is to be at 6:00 that evening. Do I need to move back reservation time?