PDA

View Full Version : First table service meal in MK

Rodders
07-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Which restaurant would people recommend for our first evening meal in MK before wishes (Sep 08).

It's my DW and I so a romantic meal would be a perfect start to a 2 week holiday.

I know it's ages off but I was wondering where people like and where has the most romantic setting.

tadshome
07-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Rodders

If you are into Italian food :eat: then i would recommend Tonys Town Square, It has a "Lady and the tramp" theme. We really enjoyed it last year and looking forward to it again this year! Another one is Crystal Palace, although the food is buffet and not really romantic the Palace itself is beautiful and the setting is magical.
Hope this helps:blush:

SBETigg
07-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm not really fond of any of the table service restaurants in the MK, and none of them are all that romantic. I would stick with a resort restaurant. 'Ohana, California Grill, and Narcoossee's all have Wishes views available, or you could eat early and head into the park for Wishes. In that case, Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe are also great choices.

TheSorcererofFantasia
07-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I'd have to agree with Sherri, although I have had a very romantic meal at Cinderella Castle (prior to the new menu set up) with a dead center table overlooking Fantasyland decorated with Mickey confetti.

California Grill, Narcooccee's, Kona Café, Grand Floridian Café would all be excellent choices. First two have Wishes view available.

Sunshine1010
07-19-2007, 01:07 AM
In my opinion, there are no romantic TS restaurants at MK. Maybe the castle, but it's not that romantic....but even it doesn't give off a 'romantic vibe'.

But.....romance can bloom anywhere. Even at a Wal-Mart.

DDuck66
07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
While I would agree that there are not many truly romantic TS locations at the MK, there is something special about eating at CRT and then watching the fireworks. We ate there last year and ended up directly behind the castle for Hallowishes. It was amazing as you were right in the middle of the show.

TheRustyScupper
07-19-2007, 12:29 PM
1) "Romantic TS in MK" is an oxymoron.
2) I don't believe any eatery in MK is such.
3) For that, you need to go outside the parks.

NOTE: Sure, someone is going to say that CRT in the Castle is romantic. Sure, it is in the Castle, but romantic, no. It is tough to be romantic with loud kids around..

JPL
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I would recommend headin gover to one of the Monorail resorts for dinner and then returning to the park for Wishes as well.

Rodders
07-20-2007, 04:25 AM
I would recommend headin gover to one of the Monorail resorts for dinner and then returning to the park for Wishes as well.
Now there's an idea. I was thinking of Tonys Town Square but maybe one of those resorts is the way to go.

Thanks for the advice and opinions people.

BigRedDad
07-20-2007, 07:45 AM
We ate at California Grill during the fireworks on our Honeymoon. Because it was Thanksgiving, there was only one meal available. It was ok, but I would have preferred to be able to try the menu. It is extremely romantic. On the morning of your ADR, make sure you ask them for a window table.

Other romantic things are to watch it from the Poly Beach after dinner at OHana's.

There is nothing "romantic" dining wise at the MK. There are romantic things you can do. I would have to dig around for it and it may have only been something special for weddings and honeymoons. I think you could pay for a romantic place on the grass somewhere by the castle, semi-secluded, included fruit and champagne. It was not cheap ($250+). We decided not to do it.

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
If you want to stay in the park, we HONESTLY think that Cosmic Rays is romantic :heart: . Even though it is a counter service option, Sonny Eclipse can serenade you while you eat. We love Sonny. I am not kidding. :thumbsup:

Rodders
07-20-2007, 11:39 AM
There is nothing "romantic" dining wise at the MK. There are romantic things you can do. I would have to dig around for it and it may have only been something special for weddings and honeymoons. I think you could pay for a romantic place on the grass somewhere by the castle, semi-secluded, included fruit and champagne. It was not cheap ($250+). We decided not to do it.

There's no need to start digging around for the info. I have loads of time. But if you do come across any info then I would be pleased to hear from you. A spot on the lawn sounds lovely. :cloud9:
I only have until September 2008 to plan it

Rodders
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
If you want to stay in the park, we HONESTLY think that Cosmic Rays is romantic :heart: . Even though it is a counter service option, Sonny Eclipse can serenade you while you eat. We love Sonny. I am not kidding. :thumbsup:
So it's not just my DW and I that love Rays :mickey:

wdwfansince75
07-20-2007, 09:10 PM
1) "Romantic TS in MK" is an oxymoron.
2) I don't believe any eatery in MK is such.
3) For that, you need to go outside the parks.

NOTE: Sure, someone is going to say that CRT in the Castle is romantic. Sure, it is in the Castle, but romantic, no. It is tough to be romantic with loud kids around..

DW and I strongly disagree! There have always been kids (DS#1 was born 9 mo and 13 days after wedding), but there has also always been Romance!

We (DW of 43 years and I) have enjoyed several Romantic Dinners at Tony's. In fact, we recently made the trip to WDW just to celebrate her birthday at Tony's. Will admit that we also snuck in a Romantic Dinner at Kona Cafe the night before.

LoriMistress
07-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I would say Either Tony's Town Square or The Plaza Restaurant. Been to both and are both excellent.