PDA

View Full Version : Charm bracelet photos

PNWmom
07-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I really want to get a Disney charm bracelet this time and would love to see pictures of some. Does anyone want to share photos and the stories of where you got them?

Bethanymouse
07-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I dont have a photo, nor do I have a charm bracelet but a few weeks ago I tested a young girl (I am a school psychologist) who had just come back from disney and showed me her charm bracelet. It was a plain silver bracelet, with chain links to hook the charms on. She had about 4 charms- Minnie Mouse face in color, a Tinkerbell in color, and two other charms. They were both flat and one side was colored. Sorry I cant be more help. She said that there was a lot to choose from but she picked her four favorite!:D

MMouse6937
07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I could send you a picture of mine, I'm not sure how to do this link thing here, send me your email if you would like. But, as Bethany said it is just a basic silver link bracelet and I got mostly Mickey charms. I have his "parts" (shoe, glove, pants), I have a one of Mickey standing in his traditional costume, one of Sorcerer Mickey, and one that is the three circles with an american flag design. They were very cool. I don't wear it that much, but they looked so cool I couldn't resist. They have charms of just about everything. Princesses, characters, etc. They were fun to look at. :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
The bracelets mentioned above are the more inexpensive, and for a lack of a better work the childish kind. If you are truly looking for a beautiful piece of jewelry the shop in DTD "world of Disney" has a higher end jewelry counter in the back of the store. The company that makes the bracelets is called Chamilia. They do other charms too other than Disney. The one that I purchased is sterling silver. You purchase the bracelet for around $90 and the screw on charms run between $9 - $30. The more expensive ones include real gold accents. It's a nice treasure to take back year after year. I do believe that Chamilia has a website for you to see what I am talking about. Enjoy!

angedeaile
08-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I do believe that Chamilia has a website for you to see what I am talking about. Enjoy!

They do! Thanks for that tid bit. I think I know what I am going to splurge on when I get to the world :secret:

Christine
08-02-2007, 09:26 AM
If you are truly looking for a beautiful piece of jewelry the shop in DTD "world of Disney" has a higher end jewelry counter in the back of the store. The company that makes the bracelets is called Chamilia. They do other charms too other than Disney. The one that I purchased is sterling silver. You purchase the bracelet for around $90 and the screw on charms run between $9 - $30. The more expensive ones include real gold accents. It's a nice treasure to take back year after year. I do believe that Chamilia has a website for you to see what I am talking about. Enjoy!

I checked out the website, and LOVE these bracelets! So tell me, is the chain also Chamilia, or is it the Pandora? I need to know more about these!!

SurferStitch
08-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I buy the "childish" charms. My bracelet is completely filled, and it's beautiful. The charms are enameled, and have a design on both sides. They are high quality, and very reasonably priced. Even though they are silvertone, they hold up very well, and I wear mine often. I get a lot of compliments on it. I think I'm going to start another bracelet, or get a necklace and convert it to an anklet, and start anew on our next trip. I love getting a charm from our hotel (I have a Grand Flo one, and plan to get a Poly one on our next trip), and they also have charms for each park and certain popular rides.

I checked out several sites that sold Chamilia jewelry, and I just can't bring myself to spend upward of $700+ for a sterling silver charm bracelet, and if you fill a Chamilia bracelet with silver Disney charms (plain, rhinestone or glass), you could hit that. The cheapest Disney charms I found were $23-$65 for silver and glass. I get such amazing sterling gemstone jewelry from HSN and QVC outlets that I have become very picky about what I spend on sterling. But, maybe I'll change my mind if I see one in person.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I checked out the website, and LOVE these bracelets! So tell me, is the chain also Chamilia, or is it the Pandora? I need to know more about these!!

It is the snap closure Chamilia one. I believe the Pandora charms fit as well. It is truly gorgeous. And the best part it does not have to be all Disney. My husband has purchased me charms for my birthday and christmas. It truly is a treasure. A hint though. Try and buy the bracelet from Ebay before you go. They are cheaper than the shop at Disney (of course!). Ebay also sells the charms and also sells knock off ones too. Some you can get for a few dollars. The quality is not the same as the real ones but if you change them out what's the differnece. Have fun! Let me know if you buy one, they are addicting!:mickey:

Christine
08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Have fun! Let me know if you buy one, they are addicting!:mickey:

Thanks so much for the info! I will definitely let you know WHEN I get one! :thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
I buy the "childish" charms.. I have too in the past. I wore mine to death and found that from banging around the clear coat chips. A few of my charms are that way. I also have a ton. Have you had that problem?

I checked out several sites that sold Chamilia jewelry, and I just can't bring myself to spend upward of $700+ for a sterling silver charm bracelet, and if you fill a Chamilia bracelet with silver Disney charms (plain, rhinestone or glass), you could hit that. The cheapest Disney charms I found were $23-$65 for silver and glass. I get such amazing sterling gemstone jewelry from HSN and QVC outlets that I have become very picky about what I spend on sterling. But, maybe I'll change my mind if I see one in person.

I think you would definately change your mind. I could not possibly bring myself either to spend $700+ at one time. The idea of the bracelet is to collect. It does add up but over time it's not so bad. It also gives people a way to buy you something meaningful and useful also. The bracelet also fits the Pandora brand of charms. There are also knock offs (of course, lol). If you truly are interested in a bracelet check out alternate sources, don't buy direct from Chamilia. I agree that seems alot for sterling but you really are just paying for the name not entirely for the sterling used and it also beats bringing home "another" character T-shirt. I too love the QVC and HSN outlets. I remember buying a sterling silver wedding set in Rahobeth Beach (I think it was a QVC outlet)a few years back for $10! Now that was a bargain!

SurferStitch
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
I have too in the past. I wore mine to death and found that from banging around the clear coat chips. A few of my charms are that way. I also have a ton. Have you had that problem?

No, I haven't had any problems with chipping. I only had one charm go bad, and it was a little silver Mickey head with rhinestones in the ears and face parts. All of my enamel ones look like new. I wear mine at least a couple times a week, and I've had some of the charms since December of 2003. I add 3 or 4 every trip.

I think you would definately change your mind. I could not possibly bring myself either to spend $700+ at one time. The idea of the bracelet is to collect. It does add up but over time it's not so bad. It also gives people a way to buy you something meaningful and useful also. The bracelet also fits the Pandora brand of charms. There are also knock offs (of course, lol). If you truly are interested in a bracelet check out alternate sources, don't buy direct from Chamilia. I agree that seems alot for sterling but you really are just paying for the name not entirely for the sterling used and it also beats bringing home "another" character T-shirt. I too love the QVC and HSN outlets. I remember buying a sterling silver wedding set in Rahobeth Beach (I think it was a QVC outlet)a few years back for $10! Now that was a bargain!

Yeah, I can agree here. Like I said...I may change my mind once I see them. My friend's Troll bracelet is really cute, but I just don't know if it's worth the cost. We'll see.

Gottaluvgoof
08-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Can someone tell me where to purchase the "Childish" version? :mickey: I think my daughter would love one and I probably would too. Isn't everyone a "Child" at Disney World? :D

Wolf
08-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Goof! You can get them at most of the bigger shops, I know that Emporium on Mainstreet in MK has them! Me and my mom add to ours every trip and we love to wear them out all the time! We love them even if some people think they are "childish" we find them very pretty and colorful works for us!

Gottaluvgoof
08-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Goof! You can get them at most of the bigger shops, I know that Emporium on Mainstreet in MK has them! Me and my mom add to ours every trip and we love to wear them out all the time! We love them even if some people think they are "childish" we find them very pretty and colorful works for us!

Thank you Wolf. We shop all the time but I guess we never really paid attention to the charms. We will be sure to check them out this next trip in September. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
GottaluvGoof....

The charms/bracelets are also available at resort gift shops and the World of Disney in DTD.

I can't remember exactly, but it's a good bet that the major gift store in each park has them (like Mickey's Mouseworks in Epcot), so take a look there. I also know that the gift shop in MGM that's located at the end of Hollywood Blvd before you turn right to go down Sunset to ToT has them.

They are displayed in little "islands" with rows of charms going around in a square shape. They aren't displayed on regular rotating turnstile type displays. The bracelets, necklaces and charm purses are located right there with the charms.

DisneyDudet
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I have a plain silver charm bracelet, and I add the sterling silver charms they sell in the Jewelry shops. They aren't cheap kiddie kind. They are your normal charms. There are all kinds and they are fully silver, not painted.

I do not have pictures, but if you go to a craft store and get a starter charm bracelet, you can save a little money. Each charm is like $8-$15 dollars, depending on how big and heavy they are. I have some of the heaviest ones, like a 3-D Cinderella Castle.

They have racks of them in the Uptown Jewelers at MK, the jewelry store at MGM that is on Sunset Blvd, and at MouseGears at Epcot, and the pretty jewelry store near the exit of the Safari's at AK, plus at WoD at DTD.