PDA

View Full Version : Jiko

moe513
07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Should I spend the extra money???? What is good to eat there???? Thanks

fielin
07-19-2007, 05:32 AM
Yes, it is totally worth it.

Food is very good, atmosphere is great, we really loved this restaurant. It was our favorite with California Grill, over Victoria and Albert !

Crow
07-19-2007, 11:20 AM
ive eaten there twice, but not sure if i will go back. basically because of the location and the 2 times were w the ex.
but i had the filet w mac and cheese and its good. the chef did just leave but dont know if that will affect anything. the AKL itself is nice.

SBETigg
07-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Jiko will be getting a new chef, so expect things to change soon, possibly before you get there. It is currently considered to be a very good dining experience, and I doubt that will change though the menu may be tweaked to suit the new chef.

Stickey
07-20-2007, 03:23 PM
The filet mignon is great at Jiko. :thumbsup:

Bruegge
07-21-2007, 12:13 PM
read the menu listed here..

Never been there, but the menu sounds ...."adventuresome" at the least...

I've heard nothing but good about it.

WDW is an adventure.... I'd go for it.

for me ...maybe next time

Scott

Pirate Sadie
07-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I would definately go for the extra $$$$. We ate there last year and that's the one place I want to go back to this year. I had the tamales for app and i forget the name, but it was like a shrimp stew with all sorts of different african spices for an entree. Out of this world. Unfortunately, didn't like my dessert(flourless choclate cake) too dry. Other than that the night was perfect. The wine list is very impressive also. I hope you give it a try.

Bruegge
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I Unfortunately, didn't like my dessert(flourless choclate cake) too dry.

Ya know,

I've always felt that way about flourless choc cake items I've had... I never get them any more.

I hear people rave about all types of desserts.... but no one raves about the wonderful flourless choc cake they had...

thought it was just me "missing something"

Scott

I take the Ferry
07-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I agree... Jiko is well worth the money.

The lamb patis (appetizer) is awesome, as are the flatbreads. Especially the kalamata olive & goat cheese flatbread.

We both got the filet w/mac & cheese and we both loved it. The appetizers from "the cooking place" were by far our favorite part of the meal, though.

The pistachio creme brulee was pretty good, too. And we also agree re: flourless chocolate cake. It was so-so.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Horizon93
07-22-2007, 12:05 AM
We were just there in June. It was tremendous. DW had the filet with the mac and cheese. I had the arctic char (salmon-like) and the asparagus soup. Excellent place. I highly recommend it.