PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports Main Pool Refurb. ?

Lori0963
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I am really in a panic; out of the Value Resorts I only had a choice of Music or Sports. I choose Sports because my DD (10) is really into Softball and I thought she would enjoy the atmosphere of Sports better than Music. I found out later thru Intercot that the main pool at Sports will be closed, they did not tell me that when I booked.

I’ve been calling for a month to check availability of other Values with no luck. I was told that I could keep calling back to see if any thing becomes available, but after today’s call I am getting worried. The guy I spoke to was not that helpful and he told me that I could not transfer to another resort because the Free Dining offer had expired. He also stated that all Value Resorts were booked during that time and even if I booked new reservations that they had nothing available. Well I just wanted to check that for myself and all Value Resorts had availability during that week with the exception of Movie, which only had Preferred Rooms available.

I do not like very crowded pools and it is not very convenient to have to go to another resort just to swim. It usually would not be a big deal, but I have been having heart problems so we will not be spending all day in the parks and I promised my DD (10) that we would spend a lot of time at the pool this year. She would rather be in the pool than anywhere. Because we will not be spending all day in the parks it will take more days to do and see all the thing we want to do in each park so we do not have a full day that we could go to the water park. The guy told me that I should be getting a letter about the pool refurbishment and that we could use any WDW Resort pool.

Has anyone changed their reservations after the Free Dining offer expired and/or has anyone been to Sports during a pool refurbishment?

Figment!
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
it is not very convenient to have to go to another resort just to swim. Most would not consider it inconvenient to make the brief walk to the All-Star Music, the two resorts are separated by a parking lot.

The maps in the Disney Resort Property Maps (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../resorts/disney/maps/default.asp) section for the All-Star resorts show the general proximity of all three resorts in the bottom left hand corner of each map, you can judge for yourself if this would be a personal inconvenience for you.

Lizzie
07-18-2007, 05:20 PM
I was planning on changing our reservations on Sunday but we couldn't find what we wanted. We talked to two different people the first one said everything was booked the second one said the same thing also than I explained that when we put in the dates on the website they showed rooms. He said they showed they were booked because the offer was over. But he called the resort we were intrested in (we wanted to upgrade to a moderate) and there was a way to do it without losing the free dinning. We didn't end up doing it because we really wanted to try and get a king bed and the moderates had none available so we thought we would stick with All-Star Music and chance that.

We originally booked our package on the phone and I wanted to do the Sports after I found Pop was full but they mentioned the pool refurb and we didn't want to chance it. I guess that is the bonus of booking over the phone.

I hope this info helps you good luck. My suggestion if you call and get a cast member that just says its full call again and try to get one that will look through the system. I have found its all random on who you get.

Dizneyfan
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I recently tried calling and changing my resort also. We are staying at the all star sports from Sept 2-7. We're on the free dining. I was told that there were no other rooms anywhere. I would love to upgrade to SSR or POR. I would also love some advice on how to change resorts. Just like you I was not told about the pool Refurb either.:(

Lizzie
07-19-2007, 01:37 AM
The cast member I talked to called the resort we were looking into switching to to see if there was room for us with the free dinning plan. It was something he manually had to do. I am not sure if this helps send me a message if you have any more questions.