PDA

View Full Version : "Wonderful Weeks of Disney" promo on WDW site

Aggie97
07-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I am debating whether to plan our next WDW trip for Jan. or Feb. 2008. :mickey:

The disneyworld.com home page is promoting “Lighter Crowds! Discover the Wonderful Weeks of Disney.” The promo information is broken out by season (winter, spring, etc.), with each season listing specific weeks in 2008. There are not any discounts listed - it looks like more of a marketing thing.

In the winter season, all the weeks from 1/6 - 2/2 are included, but then the listing skips ahead to 2/24-3/1.

Do any of you have a sense for whether those two weeks in Feb. that are not included in the promo (2/3 - 2/23) are actually more crowded than January? We have been to WDW in early Feb. but never in Jan., so I’d really appreciate your perspectives on it.

In either month, we definitely will avoid the MLK and President’s Day holiday weekends.

Thanks so much!! :)

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I can tell you that the International Builders' Show is February 13-16, 2008 - and a good portion of Disney's hotel block is being offered up for this event. This certainly isn't the only reason, but I would expect that most of the rooms, like last year, will sell out during this time period.

Aggie97
07-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Hmm... that's definitely something to consider. Thank you for the good information!

BigRedDad
07-18-2007, 01:20 PM
It was good to see the MLK weekend is still part of that promo. I think the reason the two weeks in Feb are left off is due to President's Day. Some school districts take off more than just one day. Also, Valentine's Day is in there.

We will most likely be going over MLK week in 2009. DW and BIL are both in education. Taking a week off is extremely difficult.

Disney Doll
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
President's Day weekend can get a little more crowed. If you go in Feb, I'd go before President's Day.

SBETigg
07-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Our school system, and many in the area, have weeks off for winter break then(mid-February), so maybe it is a busy time in WDW. I've never been then, so I don't know how busy it gets.

EvilQueen2006
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
The schools around here have winter break the whole week of president's day in February. Florida is a popular destination for many people during that time .