PDA

View Full Version : POR Fridge Question

GoofDad
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM
We will be staying at POR in October. We have not stayed there before.

Can someone tell me about the fridges in the rooms?

If we put a gallon of milk in the fridge will there be room left for anything else?

Do they generally stay pretty cold?

Anything else about the fridges we should know?

countrycharmer
07-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Honestly I do not think that a gallon jug would fit...maybe two halfs. The refridgerators are basically like the ones you would find in a dorm.

They do keep things very cold and come in handy to our family...

Kairi_7378
07-18-2007, 08:38 AM
I agree that the gallon of milk may not fit in the fridge (they are tall but shallow.)
There is no freezer compartment in the fridge, however, we had no trouble keeping things cold while we were using it.

DessertDivaFL
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I also agree 100% that a gallon of milk won't work. Definitely use half gallon jugs. They are not real big or deep. Here is a link to what the inside of one looks like.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/por23.jpg

Hope this helps.

chefmickey3
07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
We found the fridges very helpful. We filled it with water and Gatorade from home and always had cold beverages to go. Agree with pp that a gallon of milk won't fit.

Dyanna
07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Are they able to keep an ice pack cold enough for a day to keep baby bottles cold thru the parks?

GoofDad
07-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all the great responses! I knew I could get answers here. Sounds like we will not get a gallon of milk, but buy a smaller size instead.

MysticBlu
07-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Dyanna if you put the fridge up to max cold it may freeze the ice packs. It should make them cold enough to keep the milk safe a few hours anyway. The fridges are so tiny on max it almost freezes everything.

disneyfan328
07-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Here is my hint/tip for getting/keeping ice paks cold for diaper bags, coolers, whatever. Get one of those bags that they sell at wal mart in the freezer section ( or whatever local grocery store you have ) fill it each night from the ice machine and put in the the tub with your ice packs, drinks whatever it in. seal it up and it should keep everything pretty frozen or at least super cold for morning. You can reuse that bag each night and it will be flat in your suitcase and won't take up much room. Hope that it works out for you.

jenfriend
07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I would check with the front desk or with the luggage storage area. They have fridge and freezers back there because they stored our groceries. Maybe they would put your freeze pak in there and you could stop by for it in the morning on your way to the bus.

OR - bring double sealable quart sized baggies and fill with ice from the ice machine. Inside an insulated pack, bottles should stay cold. If ice is melting, you could ask at most counter svc. serving soda for more ice.

OR- bring powdered formula and use bottled water. Benefit - water will be warm and just the temp babies like it.

Have a great trip.