PDA

View Full Version : refillable mugs

mercedes
07-17-2007, 08:06 PM
this is for oneone who has recently been to POP.are they using the YOMD mugs or mugs with POP on them. we are going to be there on sunday. i have mugs from last visit there a couple of years ago.wondering if i should/could take them there with me.
thanks

CKMom
07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
In May, Pop had the YOMD mugs. We did not see any regular POP mugs . Officially the mugs are to be used only while you are staying there, but personally we saw tons of folks with "old" mugs.

DisneyDudet
07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
The rules say that the mugs is good for your hotel for your length of stay at the hotel.

There are rumors that the new YOMD mugs can be used at any resort for the length of your TRIP... meaning.. if you split your stay, you are still eligible to use your mug at both resorts w/o paying again. I'm not sure if this has been confirmed by anyone.

If you want to take part in the refillable mug program this trip, you will need to purchase new mugs, as you would in subsequent trips.

JPL
07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
The new mugs were introduced to combat the reusing of mugs for multiple trips. That being said they are now good at any resort which is a great benefit if plan on visiting friends or family or plan to go sightseeing at different resorts.

It is printed on the Mug near the handle

"Free Refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay when the mug was purchased"

This is the best deal in WDW what worries me about the reusing of mugs is that Disney may discontinue the program.

$11.99 for all the drinks you want during a stay in a resort where a regular soda runs $2.09 can't be beat.

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Not supposed to use old mugs reguardless of their design. As JPL states, it is a steal at 11.99 when the drinks are over $2.

snifflesmcg
07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
$11.99 for all the drinks you want during a stay in a resort where a regular soda runs $2.09 can't be beat.

I don't think they will discontinue this program. If you only knew what it costs for fountain drinks...only pennies. Trust me, Disney is making out like a bandit on the selling of these mugs. It doesn't hurt that the mugs don't hold much and if you are far away from the food courts, you are less likely to keep traveling back and forth.

JPL
07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't think they will discontinue this program. If you only knew what it costs for fountain drinks...only pennies. Trust me, Disney is making out like a bandit on the selling of these mugs.

This is true but imagine how much more they would make at $2.09 a soda and $2.50 from the vending machines.

Mickey91
07-18-2007, 12:16 AM
They might be pulling a hefty profit from the drinks, but they obviously feel they need more profit if they have gone to a generic mug to stop the reuse of old ones. That being said, it isn't a stretch to think they would discontinue the program all together if they thought about the money. And lately, they think about the bottom line far more than in the past.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Can you also bring them into the parks and fill them up there? Or are they just for the resorts? THANKS!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Can you also bring them into the parks and fill them up there? Or are they just for the resorts? THANKS!

They are only good for the resort you are staying in. The parks (with the exception of AK and I think the waterparks) do not have refillable mugs, unfortunatley.
HTH

Lizzie
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
AK you can get a sports bottle and get refills on it all day. But the refills cost I remember them being under $2.

At the water parks once you buy the refillable mug which is a good size you can get refills all day. You can than bring it back you just have to buy a sticker for a lower fee, which I don't remember right now.

Beach Club Babe
07-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Not to say what is right or wrong, but in May at Pop, I saw many people using their old mugs. No one was ever stopped or told they could not use the old mugs.

vamaggie
07-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Not to say what is right or wrong, but in May at Pop, I saw many people using their old mugs. No one was ever stopped or told they could not use the old mugs.

This goes back to the old "Rules" vs "Practice" question. The rule is the refillable mugs are only good for length of stay in which they were purchased. Whether or not WDW enforces the rule, it is still a rule that should be obeyed. That means to me that once the mug goes home, it stays at home. I'm a little bummed that they have gone to the YOMD mugs since I was looking forward to getting one at Poly on our upcoming trip but it will be nice to be able to explore the other resorts and refill if we get thirsty.

Ms.Disney
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I would just buy the new mugs, 11.99 is a good deal plus you will not have to tote them with you on the way there and you would be fallowing Disney's rules :mickey:

sorcerer fan
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
If you have the real old mugs, the ones with no writing on the handle or body, I was told, by a cast member you can use them forever. and I have:thumbsup:

Here we go again...
07-19-2007, 05:10 AM
If you are on the dining plan you might want to skip the mug purchase this year.
We have always purchased the mugs, I have one cabinet FULL. Anyway, we were on the dining plan in September and purchased the mugs... it did not take us long to realize it was not a good investment for that trip.

So, when on the dining plan skip it... unless you drink a lot and plan to be at the resort a lot.

avantgardeinker
07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
They are only good for the resort you are staying in. The parks (with the exception of AK and I think the waterparks) do not have refillable mugs, unfortunatley.
HTH

I thought one of the parks had a refillable mug stand now. I can't remember if it was EPCOT or AK. Hopefully someone can come along that knows. If this is true the question remains... Are they the same as the YOMD resort mugs or are they different?

140 more days!!
:mickey:

carribeanpirate5
07-19-2007, 12:52 PM
You will never go wrong buying a mug. If you only use it for six drinks during your stay it pays for itself. For a 7 night stay, your morning coffee covers it. Add in a daily afternoon trip to the pool and it more than pays for itself. This is by far the best deal in WDW, even if you are on the dining plan. Why use your snack on a drink?

We buy new ones every year! :thumbsup:

magicofdisney
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought one of the parks had a refillable mug stand now. I can't remember if it was EPCOT or AK. Hopefully someone can come along that knows. If this is true the question remains... Are they the same as the YOMD resort mugs or are they different?

140 more days!!
The AK has a refill program but it doesn't use mugs. It's a large, plastic, green container with an animal head attached to it. Additionally, it has a removable, built in straw which is super to have since AK doesn't allow traditional straws in the park. This may be a better deal than the resort mugs. I would guess it holds around 32oz and refills are only $1. The initial cost is under $7. :mickey:

JPL
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM

140 more days!!

The Electric Umbrella at Epcot now has a self serve bevarage area which might be what you are thinking about. The only other places with refillable beverages are AK and the Water Parks as mentioned above.

Every resort is using the same YOMD mugs which in a sense takes some of the fun out of it.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-19-2007, 03:03 PM

140 more days!!

AK does have the refillable mugs. Well, they are actually not mugs but tall plastic cups with your choice of animal attached. I think it was a $1 and change to refill them. I have never seen refillable drinks at any of the other parks. (I wish they did have them, though)

The resorts are all using the YOAMD dreams from what I have been told. :)

avantgardeinker
07-20-2007, 09:34 AM
The Electric Umbrella at Epcot now has a self serve bevarage area which might be what you are thinking about. The only other places with refillable beverages are AK and the Water Parks as mentioned above.

Every resort is using the same YOMD mugs which in a sense takes some of the fun out of it.

That is what I'm thinking about. Thank you. Does anyone know which mugs the Electric Umbrella uses. Can you use the YOMD mugs you get from the resorts or do you have to buy a mug from EPCOT to be able to use their refill system.

139 more days!!

DisneyDudet
07-20-2007, 07:06 PM
The Electric Umbrella has refills only when you eat there, not a mug or anything. If you eat lunch there and purchase a drink, you get refills.

I doubt its good for all day.

avantgardeinker
07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
The Electric Umbrella has refills only when you eat there, not a mug or anything. If you eat lunch there and purchase a drink, you get refills.

I doubt its good for all day.

Thanks so much for the clarification!!

136 more days!!

caryrae
07-23-2007, 05:59 PM
I think you can us any mug from any resort to get refills of "The Beverly" soda at Club Cool in Epcot. JK :ack: