PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for Christmas Decorations

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-17-2007, 06:21 PM
We live about 50 min from the Disney complex, and we have never stayed at the resorts until this year. My daughter is going to be 3 in Jan, but she LOOOOOVES Christmas (as do I!) and I thought it would be really neat to stay onsite for 3 nights in December during MWD...

Q: What resort has the best Christmas decorations? Or that you have had the best experience for Christmas time?

TammiMcMan
07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
For the Christmas feel, I'd have to go with the WL. The lobby is decorated beautifully, plus you have the fireplace and the sleigh ride which can be booked during the holidays.

ibrowse17
07-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree with the WL. I would also suggest a trip over to Ft. Wilderness. The campers will decorate there camp sites, and it would worth a trip to see them. A bus driver told us that seeing the sites is a fav of many castmembers.

Lacy
07-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Another vote for the Wilderness Lodge. There is just something about the huge tree in the lobby!

Aggie97
07-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I agree that WL is awesome at Christmas! GF also is very pretty, with a giant gingerbread tree in the lobby.

It's not a resort, but DTD had a huge tree (outside the toy store) that was decorated with giant toys, like Mr. Potato Head, Lite Brite, Candyland pieces, etc.

Your daughter might get a kick out of the Osborne Lights at MGM, as well as the "snow" that falls on Main Street at MK.

Have fun!!

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 11:54 PM
We stayed at WL and thought it was the most simplistic and beautiful of all. That being said, I think they are all beautiful!:mickey:

LoriMistress
07-18-2007, 12:23 AM
You should watch the Travel Channel of the Disney Resorts during the Christmas holiday. They show some of the major resorts and how it's decorated and how they celebrate Christmas in the parks. DH and I will be visiting the BW, BCR, WL, and the GF just for the Christmas decorations.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks so much! We are actually staying at WL in Sept for 2 nights just to get away, and I am really looking forward to it, so it might be nice to go back during a different season! She has never seen real snow, but can pick snow out on tv, on movies, in books, etc. so the fake snow at MGM will just tickle her!

Yay! :D

tinkerbell04
07-18-2007, 10:56 AM
I think that whatever resort you choose, and they are all GREAT!, make time to visit several of them. They all have great decorations and you won't be disappointed in any of them.:mickey:

SurferStitch
07-18-2007, 12:26 PM
My favorite at Christmas is the Grand Flo. :cloud9: The decorations are so classy and elegant, and the giant gingerbread house smells amazing.

We're staying at the Poly this Christmas (never stayed there before), but you better believe we'll be spending some time at the Flo!

DessertDivaFL
07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for starting this post! :thumbsup:
We are visiting the end of November into the beginning of December and the Christmas decorations will be up at that time. We will make sure we visit the WL and GF. It has been a very long time since we have seen Disney decorated for Christmas. I am sure it will be enchanting. :santa3:

MickyLuver
07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I would say stay at the WL also, but I would alo suggest instead of going to the parks one day, just plan a resort hopping day and have breakfat at one resort, lunch at another and then dinner at another. Or you can just visit them all by hopping on the bus or drive to visit them. I live twenty-five minutes from WDW and I visit all the resorts with my kids just to see the decorations. It is a great day trip that turns into three to four day trips for us. Have a wonderful stay.

MinnieMommie
07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
WL is one of the few resorts I have not visited during the Chrismas season. That being said, I absolutely love GF during the holiday season. It is really decorated beautifully. And yes, I love that gingerbread house and how the scent fills up the lobby! :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I had no idea that you could go to the resorts just to go... yay for learning new things! :mickey:

krazeerosie
07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
If you are not staying on site but visiting Disneyworld, can you go inside the lobbies and see the decorations at Christmas time?? If so I would love to take a look since we are making it a tradition to visit every 3rd christmas. This is our 4 yr old son second trip and our 9 month old daughters first( she will be 15 months old in December, the same age her brother was nearly 3 yrs ago.) Great ages.

TammiMcMan
07-20-2007, 06:45 PM
If you are not staying on site but visiting Disneyworld, can you go inside the lobbies and see the decorations at Christmas time??Absolutely. You can just walk around the resort, or plan a meal there. Anyone is welcome to visit. Around the holidays though, you may have a problem with actually parking at the resort. Typically, they'll issue a 3 hour pass if you're "just looking", but when it gets busy, they'll only give those passes to people with dining reservations. So, depending on when exactly you go, it may be easier to use Disney transportation to get around.

Mickeydream
07-20-2007, 08:41 PM
We are visiting the World Nov 21-Dec 1 and are looking forward to the Christmas decorations as well. We have plans to eat at Whispering Canyon at WL and will be checking out several of the other resorts, too. We have never seen the Osborne lights, so that will be great. It will be a terrific time with my daughter and 2 granddaughters. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
07-20-2007, 09:31 PM
They are all beautiful, but my vote goes to Wilderness Lodge! :santa:

Sneaky Pete
07-21-2007, 12:23 AM
so I don't know anything about the other deluxes.

DisneyEpcotDad
07-22-2007, 09:55 AM
After a Feb 2006 visit to WL, I decided to stay at WL for Christmas 2006. Great decorations in the lobby as others have said. Santa came a couple of days and their was a small Christmas choir singing several nights. I learned about the decorations also by watching an episode of the Travel Channel that featured the resorts at Christmas time. I did resort hop to look at the decorations at the Grand Floridian and other resorts. But, the WL theme seemed to capture the Christmas feeling the most.:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
07-22-2007, 02:33 PM
1) To me, it is a tie!
2) WL and GF.
3) WL
. . . 58' Christmas Tree
. . . the CM's sing or perform every night
. . . decorations are throughout the resort
4) GF
. . . the tree is enormous
. . . live Christmas piano music during day
. . . live Christmas orchestra music in the evenings