PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on my ADR's

Lizzie
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I am so excited for our upcoming trip we will be arriving on September 4 and leaving on the 11th.

It will be me my husband and 17 month old twin girls. We went last October and the only reason why we are going again so soon is we couldn't pass up on the free dinning and we got great airline tickets.

So we have only done one or two adrs on a trip before so this is a new experience for us.

We arrive at 7:15 AM and we have reservations at Chef Mickey's for dinner at 7:50 (we have done this for breakfast) we are a little worried about how late it is but we figure the girls will still be a little jet lagged.

On Wednesday we have a 8:10 ADR at Ohana's my husband and I love Lilo and Stitch and the girls already know who Stitch is.

Thursday we have an ADR at Hollywood and Vine for a Fantasmic Dinner package. We have done this before and liked it I thought about Mamma Melrose but not sure I want to get in trouble while eating dinner I got in enough trouble while eating when I was a kid.

Friday, we have lunch at Nine Dragons, my husband loves the Table Service Chinese here and were hoping this food is as good or better. I am not as big a fan but I figure I can find something.

We also have dinner at Coral Reef here. I have wanted to eat here since the Full House episode, and I think the girls will like the fish tanks. They really like the fish at Rainforst Cafe. I have heard mixed review about hte food but I am hoping its not to bad.

Saturday we were going to go to Typhoon Lagoon and I figured we would either use our coupon at Planet Hollywood or just grab a sandwhich at Earl of Sanwhich which is our favorite and probably call it an early night.

Sunday we have 7:45 at Liberty Tree Tavern. Our plan is to be at MK that night and we couldn't find any openings at any other place for dinner in that area or at a MK resort. We have eaten here before really like the food and charachters but not a big fan of the squished tables and slow service. I also don't like eating this late but couldn't find anything earlier.

Monday our last day we have a 810 at Crystal Palace. I have always wanted to eat at the park before opening and Winnie the Pooh and friends are another favorite in our house.

This is our first time on the dinning plan so I am a little nervous about having so many adrs but also excited. We didn't plan this trip until June 15 so it was way past the 180 days so not so many options. I really wanted to get into a steak place but couldn't find any openings. We also tried to avoid lunches so we had flexability on getting the girls back for naps if they needed it. We also booked more buffets so we had more options on food for the girls since they aren't on the dinning plan and our free. Some places we might need to get them their own meal. But now I wonder if I should have tried to get some more high end restaurants to really utilize the free dinning.

Any thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks so much.

Dicecatt262
07-17-2007, 04:31 PM
I am so excited for our upcoming trip we will be arriving on September 4 and leaving on the 11th.

It will be me my husband and 17 month old twin girls. We went last October and the only reason why we are going again so soon is we couldn't pass up on the free dinning and we got great airline tickets.

So we have only done one or two adrs on a trip before so this is a new experience for us.

We arrive at 7:15 AM and we have reservations at Chef Mickey's for dinner at 7:50 (we have done this for breakfast) we are a little worried about how late it is but we figure the girls will still be a little jet lagged.

On Wednesday we have a 8:10 ADR at Ohana's my husband and I love Lilo and Stitch and the girls already know who Stitch is.

Thursday we have an ADR at Hollywood and Vine for a Fantasmic Dinner package. We have done this before and liked it I thought about Mamma Melrose but not sure I want to get in trouble while eating dinner I got in enough trouble while eating when I was a kid.

Friday, we have lunch at Nine Dragons, my husband loves the Table Service Chinese here and were hoping this food is as good or better. I am not as big a fan but I figure I can find something.

We also have dinner at Coral Reef here. I have wanted to eat here since the Full House episode, and I think the girls will like the fish tanks. They really like the fish at Rainforst Cafe. I have heard mixed review about hte food but I am hoping its not to bad.

Saturday we were going to go to Typhoon Lagoon and I figured we would either use our coupon at Planet Hollywood or just grab a sandwhich at Earl of Sanwhich which is our favorite and probably call it an early night.

Sunday we have 7:45 at Liberty Tree Tavern. Our plan is to be at MK that night and we couldn't find any openings at any other place for dinner in that area or at a MK resort. We have eaten here before really like the food and charachters but not a big fan of the squished tables and slow service. I also don't like eating this late but couldn't find anything earlier.

Monday our last day we have a 810 at Crystal Palace. I have always wanted to eat at the park before opening and Winnie the Pooh and friends are another favorite in our house.

This is our first time on the dinning plan so I am a little nervous about having so many adrs but also excited. We didn't plan this trip until June 15 so it was way past the 180 days so not so many options. I really wanted to get into a steak place but couldn't find any openings. We also tried to avoid lunches so we had flexability on getting the girls back for naps if they needed it. We also booked more buffets so we had more options on food for the girls since they aren't on the dinning plan and our free. Some places we might need to get them their own meal. But now I wonder if I should have tried to get some more high end restaurants to really utilize the free dinning.

Any thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks so much.

We'll be there the same time...I'm there the 8-15, we have 8 year old twins! Where are you staying?

Here are some random thoughts...You'll love Chef Mickey's.

Ohanas: good
H&V: When you mention Mama Melrose, I think you mean Prime Time...Mama Melrose does not have servers yelling at you. Prime Time Cafe does...

Nine Dragons...I wouldn't. It is not that good and way overpriced, in my opinion. I'm not sure when Teppanyaki reopens but that would be a better choice, I think. Or if he likes sushi, try California Grill. Almost any corner Chinese restaurant is better than the food at Nine Dragons. Or if he is into Asian, try Ohana for dinner, it is the BEST...so yummy, the peanut sauce is to die for.

Coral Reef: I'd keep it.

I think you'll like both LTT and Crystal Palace.

TBY2225
07-17-2007, 04:52 PM
The buffett places will be great with the kids, especially since they are so young. The characters will entertain them and there is a big selection of food. Also, because of their age they eat free at the buffett places, so you don't have to worry about ordering something extra for them. Also they can join the fun and you don't have to worry about them being loud.
I am concerned for you with Coral Reef, just because service tends to be very slow. We were there over 2 hours and my DD then 4 got bored after about 30 minutes with the fish. They food was ok. My daughter didn't like the kids menu, and she didn't like anything on the adult menu to share with me either. Hope that helps and have a great trip! Free dining is great! I will be down for the last week of it myself!

SBETigg
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Your plan looks good. Mama Melrose is not the place where you "get in trouble" at dinner. That's 50s Prime Time Diner. I would try Mama's just because I have done H & V and find it moderate at best. I'm not a fan of buffets. But if you have been there and liked it, you know what you're getting.

A lot of people like buffets with little ones, but I found them to be a nightmare. Mine always wanted to get up and walk around with me and I never got to eat. At sit-down places, they were happy to sit and I could relax and enjoy, but all that up and down with the buffet excited them too much.

If you have wanted to try Coral Reef all these years, I think you should go for it and enjoy. Bring toys to entertain the kids and the fish should relax them, too.

Best wishes with it!

Lizzie
07-17-2007, 07:01 PM
We'll be there the same time...I'm there the 8-15, we have 8 year old twins! Where are you staying?

Will are staying at All Star Music. We prefer the moderates but we needed to go cheap since we already had a trip to Disneyland on the calender for December when we booked the trip.

tinksmom02
07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I think your plans sound good...I haven't eaten at most of them LOL although we have ADR's for some in Sept, and ALL are on my must-try list. I think you've got a nice balance of buffets and sit downs, and the character meals should keep your littles entertained.

Have fun!