PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining?

cherbie66
07-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I am totally new to this planning a vacation thing. I went to Disney once when I was a kid, but barely remember it. Now that I'm 20 I'm planning a trip on my own with my boyfriend. I booked a magic your way base plan trip in june for aug 27-sept 4.

I had NO idea about the free dining thing. Since I booked it in June can I call and still get it?

LauraF
07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
It's worth a try to call and ask, but they probably have sold out/closed the room block for Free Dining by now.

Disneyfide
07-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I am going to Pop Century in September and got the Dining plan when I booked in May, but when I called to add two days on to my reservation last week, I was told that the September Dining Plan was sold out.

You can still add dining on to your reservation, but it costs more.

SBETigg
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
The free dining promotion booking is over. If you booked in June and didn't know about it and get it then, I don't think you can add it now as free. You can add it now for the going Dining Plan rate, which is still a good deal though not as good as free. The thing with the free dining is that it was limited availability when offered. Chances are that it may have already been sold out at your resort of choice. Sorry you missed it. I missed it, too-- my dates don't work out for it. And it still doesn't hurt to call and check. Maybe Disney magic will work in your favor.

hooberry
07-17-2007, 06:24 PM
don't even think about trying to eat at table service during free dining without a reservation, if you think you might want to you will need to book now. you may find a few openings for dinner at odd times or do table service for lunch, you should have more luck. You could just forgo the dining plan for this trip and book reservations at some of the resturants that aren't on the plan. The swan and dolphin hotels have some really great resturants you may want to try. Good Luck:thumbsup:

cherbie66
07-18-2007, 07:55 AM
I called and no luck with the free dining. Bummer :-(

Thanks for all of your responses and help though. This is a great site and you are all very helpful!

NJRRK
07-18-2007, 02:54 PM
don't even think about trying to eat at table service during free dining without a reservation, if you think you might want to you will need to book now. you may find a few openings for dinner at odd times or do table service for lunch, you should have more luck. You could just forgo the dining plan for this trip and book reservations at some of the resturants that aren't on the plan. The swan and dolphin hotels have some really great resturants you may want to try. Good Luck:thumbsup:

I think there still might be SOME out there. I just called Monday and got Bietgarten for 8/29 and Chef's Mickey's for dinner on 8/31, both at about the time I wanted.

moe513
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
They are offering another promotion now if you book before the end of july. I would call magical journeys. You can change your package to get the cheaper deal. I think its off the room and maybe the park tickets. I find that when its not peak travel time there is usually a deal out there.

cherbie66
07-18-2007, 10:42 PM
When I called Disney they said there are no promotions right now. How do I get the promotion??

kaerbear178
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Try calling Magical Journeys. They are a travel agency and one of Intercots sponsers. It doesn't cost anything to use them and if there is a discount available they will get it for you. Good luck!

iamgreat66
07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
how do you find out about these free dining and other promotions i would like to know cause im goin next year and would like to check before we book if there would be anything like that

crazypoohbear
07-20-2007, 11:00 PM
You don't need to call magical journeys. Just click on the link to the left for them under intercot sponsors. They will get right back to you and get you the best deal. You don't have to cancel your present reservation. I believe they can take it over.

vamaggie
07-21-2007, 08:11 AM
how do you find out about these free dining and other promotions i would like to know cause im goin next year and would like to check before we book if there would be anything like that

Keep reading here at Intercot--they post all the discounts that come out. :rocks:

Also, I would work with Magical Journeys. They will help you plan/book your trip (at no cost to you!) They can book AAA room only rates (if you have AAA) or other discounts that apply to you (AP< FL res etc) and then if any/better discounts come out they will apply them to your ressie (often before you even know about it)

January-2007
07-21-2007, 09:49 AM
When I called Disney they said there are no promotions right now. How do I get the promotion??

This thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108669) explains what the current promotion is.

Nevergrowup
07-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I would get an AP pass and try for an AP discount. It is absolute chaos trying to eat with the dining plan during the Free promotion. We tried it last year and it was so not worth it. I will stick with the AP and make a grocery stop on the way to the hotel.

poohbearkris
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I would definiteky give Magical journeys a try. Last year I went in October and with the room discount we got, we were able to add on the dining package for about the same price we paid the year before when we had the free dining because there was not a room discount. Like others have said they won't change your reservation, but can change the cost. It is worth getting a quote. And if you do opt for the dinig plan you can probably get somr dinner reservations for some less popular restaurants or late lunch reservations. Ceck out the menus in info central and see what you like! I have found the CM's taking the reservations to be extremely hellpful. Good luck.:tink: