PDA

View Full Version : iPod stolen

KCMom
07-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Well Friday the 13th sure was a bummer at our house. My DH's cell phone and iPod were stolen from his car. I'm not concerned about the phone. Our contract is up on Aug 3 and his phone was falling apart. I reported it stolen right away. The iPod is another story. He only had it a few months. He used it all the time when he worked out. My question is do I need to report it stolen. Can whoever has it access my account somehow? We have 3 iPods on one account. Should I do something? Any advice?

It is so odd that it happened to him. He locks his car ALL the time...to the point that it gets annoying. He's crazy about it. Oh well. Worse things could happen.

DizneyRox
07-17-2007, 03:29 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that iPod is only tied to your computer, not the account really... You can't go from the iPod to iTunes and buy songs on someone elses account. BUT, they do have the ability to listen to any and all the songs on that iPod, at least until they sync it up to their iTunes. At that point it will sync THEIR iTunes music onto "your" iPod and all "your" music will be gone.

I don't think I'd bother reporting it stolen, unless you need to do that for an insurance claim. iPods are so small and common that the chances of retrieval are slim to nil.

But like I said, you can be sure that they can't access your iTunes account via it. I'm not 100% sure, more like 99.9% sure.

JPL
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I am almost certain your iTunes account is linked to your computer so the stolen iPod should have no effect on your account

DisneyDudet
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Once someone plugs your ipod to their computer, all songs will be lost. You can't tie it to your itunes account.

Sorry about your stolen stuff... it really does stink. You can report it stolen w/ the police... as you should have reported the burglary anyway.

mrsgaribaldi
07-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry. I've been robbed a few times and I know how bad it makes you feel.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-20-2007, 10:21 PM
If you reported it to the police and you have homeowners/renters insurance, you may be able to claim it through the insurance company.
Sorry to hear about the theft. That's a creepy feeling.

crazypoohbear
07-20-2007, 11:20 PM
That stinks. I don't know about the insurance. your deductible is probably more than it will cost to replace the ipod :(